Honda VTX Forum banner

Throttle tube

9K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  screamer 
#1 ·
Hey guys 03 1800c, in removing my grips to install new ones I broke the D**n throttle tube. Any suggestions other than OEM because it will come w/ oem grip on it.

#2 ·
What grips are you installing. I have a throttle tube that the threaded end has broken off but if you are installing kury grips it will not matter. Yours if you want it.

#7 ·
I separated the two halves of the switch house and slid the throttle off the end of the handlebar. I then held the half with the throttle cables in one hand while lifting up and tilting the throttle until i could tilt it out at of the switch housing half. when you do this you can then rotate the sleeve around and remove the cables easily.

I bought the Kury Iso grips from the local dealer. They sold me the ones with the sleeve already in it. Turns out that one is for the VT and not the VTX. The sleeve has a larger diameter and the switch housing will not clamp around it. I ended up taking it back and ordering a new stock grip. That sucks because I like the feel of the Iso grips. On the bright side, i can keep my throttle lock on it.

#11 ·
Make sure you pull the wires off the brake switch, too. Also, make sure you line up the lower cover with the small hole in the handlebar. I'm not sure that this is not the reason the Kury grips didn't fit now that I have put the new factory grip on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.