VTX Cafe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VTX Cafe

Default VTX Cafe

Anyone ever have any issues or complaints about VTX Cafe?

I posted the thread about the Speedo LED mods over on that board as well to offer it to people on there as well as here. I got a PM from a moderator saying "Advertising is NOT allowed on this forum. Do not post any more advertisements on this forum." I replied and asked what advertisement was posted. I stated that I do not own a business, nor am I trying to turn any huge profits with this. Simply offering to perform a mod for those who do not want to tackle it themselves. I told him that VTXOA didn't have an issue with it, and in fact, most VTXOA members have supported myself and Bornonfire as we have been doing this mod and posting the service. Shoot, Hick even allowed me to post it on his forum. I guess maybe I'll just stay over here and not wander to that side of the fence anymore. I've never really gone to their site much anyway. Seems a little too cluttered and not layed out as well (not trying to knock it, heck I couldn't build a site like that). VTXOA just seems a little more user friendly to me.

well, that's my .02 for the day.

Progression of My Bike
    My Bagger Build - Bike 2

2006 VTX1300 F'n C
    2004 VTX1300(S) Custom Bagger

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

No !
    07 1800 T - Vince & Hinse, PC III, Thunder Hurricane Intake, Ultimate Lowrider, & a lot of chrome, Metz front & rear ( 200 ). Starting mileage .2 now 25,250 & Loving ever minute of it !

I don't go there...
    I have a user name/account, but it is too cluttered from what I remember.
    The air is fresher here. ~M
    "Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life."

"Take good care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."

Seems like ok folks but I dont feel at home like I do here....
    Phil "I should be ridin " Ford
    06 CBC 1300R Darkside Foots......

07 1300c

I never really felt welcome over there. I can't remember the last time I posted on the cafe.

That said, there are some great people on this board who I call friends.
    “Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”

― John Wayne

This site just feels so good and friendly. ' love it!!

I posted a few solid questions there last year, and got terrible standard internet answers. Here, it seems to be experieced answers and good people. Well most of ya

2006 1800C ~Vance & Hines Big Shots~Dynojet PC III~Kuryakyn Pro-R Hypercharger~Meancitycyles.com Seat Mod~L&R Extreme Forward Controls~Kuryakyn Liberator Stirrups~Sportech Windshield~Stebel Air Horn Motorcycles Aren't Dangerous, People In Cars Are Dangerous

I tried it but just like this site better. This forum provides a wealth of knowledge as well as pretty good entertainment at times. Time and again the folks on this forum have helped out and made owning my bike much more enjoyable experience.
    2003 vtx 1300s

Quote Originally Posted by tiger-88 View Post
    No !
    Ok, confused on this one. No to which part? or all of the above?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoidaho View Post
    I don't go there...
    I agree completely with all of the above statement. I am the same. I joined it 110 days ago (thats what it says when I log in) and haven't posted a thing. And I am reminded of that every time I log in. In fact, it says that if I don't post, they will delete my username.

Quote Originally Posted by TennX View Post
    Seems like ok folks but I dont feel at home like I do here....
    Quote Originally Posted by W9VD View Post
    I never really felt welcome over there. I can't remember the last time I posted on the cafe.

That said, there are some great people on this board who I call friends.
    I haven't had much dealing with the people there, but I feel the same way just from visiting the site. Seems "cold" for lack of better words. This site seems "warm" and inviting.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatdoctor View Post
    This site just feels so good and friendly. ' love it!!

I posted a few solid questions there last year, and got terrible standard internet answers. Here, it seems to be experieced answers and good people. Well most of ya
    I agree with this for the most part. I saw some decent answers on there, but also some "scripted" answers. Here on the OA I have seen nothing but honest (positive or negative) and mostly helpful answers.

Progression of My Bike
    My Bagger Build - Bike 2

2006 VTX1300 F'n C

There are some real good folks over there that I have met that are not over here. I will not bash the other, but I have been a member there for 6 months longer than here and my post count there is under 20. If you see my post count here you can tell where I stay the most, but I do check out from time to time.

Default Man!

Kind of seems like the new adage: "No good deed goes un-punished" is in effect over there. Well, I personally think it's a cool service you're offering and not some cheesy self-promotion. Just MY $.02...

Den
    2004 VTX-1300C Bubs w/BCT Monster Baffles, Cobra boards, Spyker Mod, Hick's CTR, Glenn's A/F screw, FP Jet Kit, Pair mod, 4" Aeromach Risers, 1800 "F" 'bars, Kury Iso Grips, Mustang seat, Switchblade, Headlight Modulator, Back-Off Taillight Modulator, Stebel Horn, Metzeler M E 880 up front & Pirelli Night Dragon in back.

I've fealt as welcome there as I do here, people are always nice and willing to help from what I've experienced. I bought their patch and t-shirt and am proud to wear them.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if half the people there are also active over here just like me, maybe even uder different user names.

Steph

Thumbs up

My only complaint is the site is slow to respond, maybe a fileserver problem. I have received some great advice over there, but not as many answers as fast as this site. I like the different viewpoints from one site to the other.
    Just like life in general, if we were all the same, it would be boring ......

I hope both site continue. And would like to hear about the history of these sites, seems like they were started about the same time....
    ---------------------------------------
    current - 2005 Black VTX1300C - PAIR valve removed, Cobra Classic Deluxe Slashcuts, SCAR mod(poor boy jet kit) with one Radio Shack shim and A/F screw 2 turns, K&N air filter, NC small windscreen, mustang seat, Kenda Kruz tires. I ride and wrench on my VTX.
    past - 2006 Suzuki Katana 750, 1993 Honda Night Hawk 750, Suzuki GS 750, Yamaha Daytona Special 400, Kawasaki KZ400, Ossa 250, Honda 350 Scrambler.

Well it's tough to give a dissenting view after these posts, but I'll give it a try. I really like the Cafe. I spend more time there than I do here, but I visit both regularly. It's a smaller community with the same objectives. A different flavor of the same great brand if you will. Unlike the OA sponsorship, the Cafe relies mostly on member support. Not taking sides, just wanted to chime in with my .02. Each site has its strengths and weaknesses and I'll continue to frequent both as long as I'm allowed. I didn't see your post on the speedo over there, but I can understand how it could be construed as advertising.
    2005 VTX1300S

I run back and forth "farming" for information on all things VTX.
    I'm not much of a poster, but I lurk where ever I can learn a thing or two about my scoot..

Thanks to the folks on all the forums that have helped dilute my ignorance.

I think I will see if they have any info on concrete vs synthetic
    Just say N to SL0W....

both sites have been great to me.the people are great over their too.
    2008 1300c pearl yellow,mustang seat,CP punisher bars,progressive springs,hicks CTR.bike now totaled.miss that bike

Quote Originally Posted by jacksvtx View Post
    Well it's tough to give a dissenting view after these posts, but I'll give it a try. I really like the Cafe. I spend more time there than I do here, but I visit both regularly. It's a smaller community with the same objectives. A different flavor of the same great brand if you will. Unlike the OA sponsorship, the Cafe relies mostly on member support. Not taking sides, just wanted to chime in with my .02. Each site has its strengths and weaknesses and I'll continue to frequent both as long as I'm allowed. I didn't see your post on the speedo over there, but I can understand how it could be construed as advertising.
    I too can understand how it could be construed as advertising. It was, after all, my first post. However, they didn't even take the time to ask, or look into it. They just said "no you can't". I don't mean to bash, or talk badly about the other site. I've just searched and read posts over there, and for my first actual posting experience, it wasn't all together very good.

Quote Originally Posted by denfire621 View Post
    Kind of seems like the new adage: "No good deed goes un-punished" is in effect over there. Well, I personally think it's a cool service you're offering and not some cheesy self-promotion. Just MY $.02...

Den
    I appreciate the kind words. I sent a message to Big-X and explained that, although I am a fairly new VTX owner, I am listed as a senior member here because I am an active member of the VTX community. Too many people look at some of the mods and think, "man, I'd love to have that, but there's no way I can do that". That's where people like myself, Bornonfire, and others come in. We have first hand experience with these bikes, and can help out. Infact, Bornonfire posted over on that site in the same manner. I believe that it was my 0 post status that set them off. Oh well, I hold no grudge, like I said, just kind of an odd first impression.

Progression of My Bike
    My Bagger Build - Bike 2

2006 VTX1300 F'n C

I post alot more there than here, but do like both. I've met people from both sites and like them all. I ride alot with a few members from the Cafe that I became friends with in the real world, not just on line. Hope both stay around.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoo7who View Post
    I post alot more there than here, but do like both. I've met people from both sites and like them all. I ride alot with a few members from the Cafe that I became friends with in the real world, not just on line. Hope both stay around.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't wish any ill will towards the Cafe. Like I said, I have been "lurking around" over there since I bought my bike. I've just never posted anything. Good info and seemingly good people on both sites. The OA is just my personal preference.

Progression of My Bike
    My Bagger Build - Bike 2

2006 VTX1300 F'n C

Actually I have been a member there longer than here but I have posted way more here than there. A lot of good people there and here as well. Seems a lot more friendly here though. I frequent here more than there and I can't understand why the moderator would have a problem with what you are doing. Seems to me you are offering a "friendly" service and not out to gouge anybody. In fact I have considered the mod myself. Strange the Cafe would object
    2006 1300C with.. Lots and lots of mods

I'm on both boards and I have a lot of friends on each boards.
    I enjoy both boards.

Donut
    Donut Doug

I like both boards. A different vibe from site to site but both have their place IMO. I suggest if you have a problem contact the Ray (screen name Big-X) the owner of the site. He's a very good guy.

Can you do F dashes yet? Or have you done them?
    2012 Victory Cross country
    http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=75391&d=1342403272

For posting about any mod and getting told to stop. But then again I'm not a vender either !
    07 1800 T - Vince & Hinse, PC III, Thunder Hurricane Intake, Ultimate Lowrider, & a lot of chrome, Metz front & rear ( 200 ). Starting mileage .2 now 25,250 & Loving ever minute of it !

Quote Originally Posted by Yoidaho View Post
    I don't go there...
    Plus there is one moderator over there that is a complete and utter jerk IMHO, so I just don't go there anymore.

i am a member of both, like the cafe but LOVE the OA I post here way more, this is home, and there sight seems slower, and i saw the posts between Papa and the Mod and i would have to agree w Papa on his above statment
    06 VTX 1800NEO SPEC3 ,Titanium
    VTX 1300C, Portland Gray Metallic "Under Construction"
    BuB Club member #368

Haven't been there for awhile. Seems like an OK place......but

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by tiger-88 View Post
    For posting about any mod and getting told to stop. But then again I'm not a vender either !

Ok, I understand your statement now. I am not a vendor either. I only started doing this mod because I saw that people were having trouble getting ahold of Bornonfire. I have a full time job. I wouldn't have time for anything more than helping people out on the side.

Progression of My Bike
    My Bagger Build - Bike 2

2006 VTX1300 F'n C

Were you offering to perform the service for money? If so, then I'd have to agree with them that it's advertising regardless of the prices you're charging. I would, however, disagree with the way they handled it. I'm sure something mutually beneficial could have been worked out.

I've been a member there for about the same amount of time as I have been a member here. But I'd be surprised if I have more than 20 posts on that site...

Number one, the site is blocked at work for whatever reason (VTXOA isnt') so that cuts out about 90% of the time I'd want to go to the site to start with.

Then number two, it's just a visual nightmare trying to distinguish posts from signatures and avatars and user's donation status etc etc. Much much too hard to look at.

Even some members here have some absurdly large signatures, but at least you can still read threads here.

2007 VTX1300C Pearl White

Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post
    Plus there is one moderator over there that is a complete and utter jerk IMHO, so I just don't go there anymore.

Hmmmm. Maybe that's the guy that sent me the message. Like I said, I had no problem with their objection to me posting it, after all, it's their site, and it was my first post. My objection was that there were absolutely no questions asked, or investigation done. It was simply, ok, you are "advertising" you must be a business, you can't do that. Send me a message, ask me what my intent is, or ask me for some background or something. I guess it is an active site, and a lot of people posting senseless junk, so who knows, maybe it was a busy night for them.

Progression of My Bike
    My Bagger Build - Bike 2

2006 VTX1300 F'n C

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Were you offering to perform the service for money? If so, then I'd have to agree with them that it's advertising regardless of the prices you're charging. I would, however, disagree with the way they handled it. I'm sure something mutually beneficial could have been worked out.

I've been a member there for about the same amount of time as I have been a member here. But I'd be surprised if I have more than 20 posts on that site...

Number one, the site is blocked at work for whatever reason (VTXOA isnt') so that cuts out about 90% of the time I'd want to go to the site to start with.

Then number two, it's just a visual nightmare trying to distinguish posts from signatures and avatars and user's donation status etc etc. Much much too hard to look at.

Even some members here have some absurdly large signatures, but at least you can still read threads here.

Point taken, I see where it would be considered advertising. However, I'm making minimal money on the service, most of it goes to cover return shipping and the price of the lights. As for the rest of your statement. I couldn't agree more. I like some of the info on their site, but I have trouble navigating it. Just too much stuff to work around. I understand their need for advertisement on their site in order to pay for things and keep the site up, but it makes it cluttered.

Oh wait, no, they don't allow advertisement,

unless of course you are going to pay them for it.

Progression of My Bike
    My Bagger Build - Bike 2

2006 VTX1300 F'n C

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.