Honda VTX Forum banner

New Hondas for 2013?

14K views 64 replies 34 participants last post by  RIXer 
#1 ·
Any word on Honda bringing out new models for 2013, and if so, when?

#3 ·
Any word on Honda bringing out new models for 2013 and, if so, when?
I'm probably going to pick up the new Accord. Beautiful car, with nice but subtle cosmetic upgrades from current model. Interesting to see that they have followed Nissan's lead in the transmission dept, and gone over to a CVT.

But... I realize you weren't really asking about Honda's cages. :D

#8 ·
If they come out with one that looks like the Victory XC , Im there .......:mrgreen:
Unless they come out with a dual exhaust bagger, I'm not really interested :roll:
Yeah, Honda has missed the boat on that. Don't know what they are/were thinking. A bagger with a fairing with the 1800 powerplant would have been badass. How many people have you read about just on this forum that have jumped ship for Vic or HD? Too many to count, plus think about all the ex-X owners out there who have never come to OA who have moved on. Honda missed out on a lot of potential customers.

#9 ·
Its scheduled to come out the same year the Vikings win the super bowl...
The Vikings won the "Superbowl" about 500 years before Queen Isabella got a team together. Were running up and down the east coast of North America while Christopher Columbus's great grandpappy was still bouncing from ball to ball.

#13 ·
If only Honda would come out with an equivalent to the Kawasaki Voyager I would be their first customer. The Voyager has everything I am looking for but I have been told by a very reliable source on this forum that the Kawasaki is of very poor construction and that I would not be happy with it. Particularly the saddle bags and fairing. That's a shame as it looks great on paper but apparently does not have Honda quality.

#15 ·
If only Honda would come out with an equivalent to the Kawasaki Voyager I would be their first customer. The Voyager has everything I am looking for but I have been told by a very reliable source on this forum that the Kawasaki is of very poor construction and that I would not be happy with it. Particularly the saddle bags and fairing. That's a shame as it looks great on paper but apparently does not have Honda quality.
That's what I don't understand either. Why will Honda NOT build a dresser out of the V-Twin?? I for one can not stand the Goldwing as the engine comes way to far out the sides for me and seems made more for a shorter person. Why will they not take our VT and build something sim. to the H.D. Ultra man would they make the sales!

#16 ·
That's what I don't understand either. Why will Honda NOT build a dresser out of the V-Twin?? I for one can not stand the Goldwing as the engine comes way to far out the sides for me and seems made more for a shorter person. Why will they not take our VT and build something sim. to the H.D. Ultra man would they make the sales!
I sat on a goldwind trike and felt cramped, if they would do the dresser out of the 1800 they would sell a ton of them. But convincing them of that would be a strech.

#19 ·
Not quite what I had in mind.
Not what I have in mind either, but the question was anything new from Honda for 20138)

Every year I wonder if this is the year Honda will make a bike I like more than my Valkyrie.

Every year the answer is "No"

For the past few years its been more like "Hell, No!":shock:

In fact I was in a dealership looking for a FF helmet for my wife and I sat on everything they had, and no way I would take any of them over my Valk.

Not even close.:mrgreen:

I don't care for all the weight above midpoint on the wing and don't care for all the Tupperware.

The foot position doesn't bother me on the Valk or the wing. I have floorboards and Hiway bars. I have a few positions for my feet, not a problem.

#22 ·
Unless they come out with a dual exhaust bagger, I'm not really interested :roll:
Yep, they would sell like hotcakes, too.

Its scheduled to come out the same year the Vikings win the super bowl...
Maybe the new venue will get them stimulated.

I love the look of the Voyager and the Vaquero a lot. I don't get the side-loading bags though. :dontknow:

Or the Browns
YIPES! :yikes:

#23 ·
I've already ridden Victory's 2013's and expect to be riding Harley's mid September.

Of course they both have bikes I might actually buy where Honda doesn't unless they really pull a rabbit out of their hat.

#25 ·
I see that in Australia you can get a VFR800 similar to the VFR1200. Now why wouldn't Honda want to see this bike in the good ole' USA. I think there would be plenty of demand for this bike, especially with hondas lineup like it is. Seems like they could use this to bring customers into showrooms. But then what do I know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.