Honda VTX Forum banner

AMSOIL - Buying Question

923 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  speedy156311 
#1 ·
It looks like I can order from their website.... BUT...

They show lists of dozens of people who are dealers in my area.

Rather than call a bunch of them, I came here.

Do they offer the best brice to buy a couple gallons on the web or should I start calling a bunch of local dealers to see who will have the best price?

Thanks!

#3 ·
Call around in your area.

What dealers are willing to do around here, may not be what dealers in your area are willing to do.

Because you want motorcycle oil and a dealer may not sell much of that, they may be less willing to deal that one who moves a lot of it.

You might stumble on a dealer who ordered some of it, and is sitting on it because a customer backed out on the order.

#4 ·
You can also register as a preferred buyer and buy direct at a discount over standard pricing. I use Amsoil in all of my cars and 2 motorcycles so it is worth it to me. I think the cost for this was $25ish a year.

#5 ·
You can also register as a preferred buyer and buy direct at a discount over standard pricing. I use Amsoil in all of my cars and 2 motorcycles so it is worth it to me. I think the cost for this was $25ish a year.
+1...that's what I do!

#6 ·
send a pm to spike, he's an amsoil dealer.
He's in IL though, isn't he? I was looking to stay local to avoid shipping.

Call around in your area.

What dealers are willing to do around here, may not be what dealers in your area are willing to do.

Because you want motorcycle oil and a dealer may not sell much of that, they may be less willing to deal that one who moves a lot of it.

You might stumble on a dealer who ordered some of it, and is sitting on it because a customer backed out on the order.
That's good advice, thank you.

I'd do that but the Mitsubishi get's a $15 oil change from one of our clients every 5k and that's a pretty good price in my book with the oil and filter and labor.

As for the bikes... my R6 gets about 10k miles per year and I change it about every 3 because that's when it seems to get dirty.... my 1800f is new for me and it's only for highway... (so far, I feel more nimble on the R6 and feel more confident in stop and go rush hour traffic) I don't know how many miles it will have... I am guessing 10k-15k...... given that equasion I am guessing:

+/- 2gal for the R6
2 or 3 gal for the VTX....

Is that still worth it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.