Little Sturgis, KY . . .
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Little Sturgis, KY . . .

Bartlett, TN AKA "The FLAT side of the state"

Default Little Sturgis, KY . . .

Dates for this year are July 14th - 17th (Thurs - Sunday). Slider and are looking at possibly trying to make this rally this year.

"Yes" I know it can get a little wild, and "Yes" we've heard from others about what an 'Adults Only Rally' can be like, but we've been riding for almost 3 years now and we have not been to anything like this yet. Kind of hard to say you've been there done that when you haven't . . .

If anyone is interested, please let me know so we can look at making some reservations . . .

GIJoe

Proud Mid-South Member #7 (Formally known as the Tennessee Forum)
    2003 VTX1800R - Gone
    2007 VTX1800T - Totalled
    2004 VTX1800C - Gone

2013 HD Road Glide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

All I can say is Enjoy and take pics
    BATTOO
    Mid South board #3

Reservations? I honestly don't know where you would make them at. You have an RV right. That is the ralley that you stay at. We rented a motorhome and trailered our bikes up there. You want to go on Thursday and get your spot. It is at the fairgrounds. Get a spot in the back corner. If you get one on "The Strip" You will be up all night listening to loud pipes!
    06 1800N SPEC 5 CHROME,BLACK,LOW AND.......FAST!!! 03 WING.Crotch Rocket With a trunk
    MID-SOUTH CORE MEMBER #1
    OB HOODLUMS...FIRST 5

Ok, thanks . . . Yes, we have an RV . . . we would have to get a hitch put on Lisa's truck and borrow a trailer for the bikes . . . OR . . . I could put one bike in the back of the truck, tow the RV and ride one of the bikes up . . . we'll see . . . .

2003 VTX1800R - Gone
    2007 VTX1800T - Totalled
    2004 VTX1800C - Gone

I actually found some motels in the area that take reservations . . . none of them appear to be within 10 miles of the actual rally . . . which may not necessarily be a bad thing . . . we do want to experience the rally and see what the whole "Adults Only" is about, but not to the point where we are in the middle of the craziness all day and all night.

What I have heard about this rally is, it's fairly typical during the day, with some craziness, but not to the point of being outrageous or distracting . . . bike games, vendors, girls wearing skimpy clothes and LOTS of good looking bikes . . . nothing we have not seen before. It's at night that things start to really get wound up and people start to act a fool after getting too much sun, too little water, and WAY too much booze in them!!

We'll see . . . Lisa is working to use this rally as a goal for losing weight, getting in shape and wanting to wear a leather halter top to show off her expensive ink on her back. She IS NOT one to get buck wild and start de-clothing, as most of you know, so we are not about being involved with any of that!!

We just want to check out something different and see what all the fuss is about.

2003 VTX1800R - Gone
    2007 VTX1800T - Totalled
    2004 VTX1800C - Gone

Well I'll see about going to this. If we get a trailor I can pull the bikes behind my truck and crash with yall or bring my tent and set up with yall. Either way would be fine for me. You kitchen and some a/c during the day is enough for me, lol. I do not mind sleeping in the tent at night so you can do the love bird thang. lol.

Let me know. I can request the Thursday off and only burn 8 hours too, lol. I can pull the bikes back Sunday night or ask for the Monday off also. We can discuss this later.
    "Hi, this is Falcon, yeah, I'm working, ya'll have fun riding . . . JERKS!!"
    "Proud Member of The Mid-South Board #13 (Formerly known as the Tennessee Forum ) "
    The statement above is the ramblings of a wanna be trucker who is probably just bored driving the highways!!!
    no bike no more...

States I've rode in on a bike

OK, sounds good . . . Lisa is really NOT wanting to trailor the bikes and ride, so we'll have to figure out whether we are gonna try and get a trailer package set up for my bike and bring tent, etc with us, or try and get a motel up there somewhere . . . let's talk soon . . .

2003 VTX1800R - Gone
    2007 VTX1800T - Totalled
    2004 VTX1800C - Gone

If you want the real "Little Sturgis" experience you need to stay there at the fair grounds. IMHO. If not you might as well go to a different rally.
    06 1800N SPEC 5 CHROME,BLACK,LOW AND.......FAST!!! 03 WING.Crotch Rocket With a trunk
    MID-SOUTH CORE MEMBER #1
    OB HOODLUMS...FIRST 5

I agree. Either trailer the camper up or take the tent. The entry fee for the weekend includes camping if you want. Staying insure at these types of rallies is the only way to experience them. Lol
    "Proud Member of The Mid-South Board #13 (Formerly known as the Tennessee Forum ) "
    The statement above is the ramblings of a wanna be trucker who is probably just bored driving the highways!!!
    no bike no more...

We'll see . . . Lisa has mentioned taking our big a$$ tent with us and getting a spot (hopefully away from the strip).

2003 VTX1800R - Gone
    2007 VTX1800T - Totalled
    2004 VTX1800C - Gone

Let me know. I am still on the fence. I got to figure the money out first. I got a 6 man tent so 2-3 people comfortable with gear. Next thing is to figure out how to tote a cooler. Food and drinks. Lol
    no bike no more...

Yeah, we got to get our 3 room tent out of the shed and see if it's still good or not . . . haven't had it out in a couple years so it may be all dry rotted . . . I suggested a while back about getting the new fender for my bike and getting it set up with a hitch so I can pull a trailer. Lisa even said something about it a couple weeks ago, so we may end up doing that . . . if so, it will have plenty of room for a cooler!!!

2003 VTX1800R - Gone
    2007 VTX1800T - Totalled
    2004 VTX1800C - Gone

Find somebody ya know going and send your stuff with them. If we go it will be a last minute thing probably but we may know someone that is going.
    MID-SOUTH CORE MEMBER #1
    OB HOODLUMS...FIRST 5

Thanks Les, actually some of the Freedom Cruisers Chapter 47 are heading up there, so we may have them take some of our stuff with them. They are talking about getting a motel away from the madness, so we may just send a cooler and extra clothes up with them, and ride a little lighter . . .

2003 VTX1800R - Gone
    2007 VTX1800T - Totalled
    2004 VTX1800C - Gone

Working on getting permission from the boss to go. I can get a 24 foot camper trailer from her dad and toss my bike in the bed of my truck if need be.

So far I think I can go.
    I do not want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying.http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/
    05 1300 N, HK 3, CP Punishers, custom paint, full fairing, Michelin HydraEdge 205/65/16, Tsukayu bags

I think they crapcanned this rally. so what's the backup plan for y'all?
    ZAC"MF"GARNER
    OB hoodlums....first five!
    #2 core member

Yup. There web site says cancelled. No reason given yet.

http://www.littlesturgisrally.net/

Oh well. Guess I'll pull my vacation request.
    no bike no more...

OUCH!!

OK . . . well, um . . . . not sure just yet . . . we'll see how the Spring progresses and find another Fun Rally to try and make . . . .

2003 VTX1800R - Gone
    2007 VTX1800T - Totalled
    2004 VTX1800C - Gone

Well crapola.

Anyone up for a 3-4 day trip? I can manage two of those before July with the vacation I have left. Get 80 hrs back come July 6th and the bike will be all new by the end of March. Gonna be a good summer.
    I do not want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying.http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/
    05 1300 N, HK 3, CP Punishers, custom paint, full fairing, Michelin HydraEdge 205/65/16, Tsukayu bags

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.