VTX 1300 vs. 1800
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VTX 1300 vs. 1800

Default VTX 1300 vs. 1800

Ok, heres the deal. I'm sure there is a forum on this site about this somewhere but I'm sure I will get feedback early and often on this topic. I was looking at a vtx 1800 with everything I wanted on it, hard bags, fairing with radio, and exhaust. It sold before I could get there. I am now looking at a vtx 1300 with low miles and cheap enough I could get the accessories I want within the same price. I currently own an 1800 and LOVE IT. How much, if any, of a change will I see? Power? Handleing? Gas milage? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bikermike View Post
    I currently own an 1800 and LOVE IT.
    You'll probably be disappointed with the 1300 then....just find another 1800. Myself though - I love my 1300, but if I could have a 2nd bike it would be something completely different than what I already have....like a crotch rocket, dirt, or adventure type bike.
    http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic173_1.gif
    '04 1300 C, black, RIP
    '04 1300 C, orange, for now
    shut up and ride

The 1300 has better slow speed handling and better MPG's.
    the power is ok with a 1300, its can't compare to the 1800. Its 500cc less.

But the 1300's are good bikes as so are the 1800's.

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    You'll probably be disappointed with the 1300 then....just find another 1800. Myself though - I love my 1300, but if I could have a 2nd bike it would be something completely different than what I already have....like a crotch rocket, dirt, or adventure type bike.
    I purchased the wife an 06 1300S, at first it was novel to ride it but I don't even bother any more, I prefer my 02 1800C Bagger, it's like going from a Civic to a Shelby in performance. I would never by another 1300 even for the wife. LOL

1800 or 1300

I'd say look a little more, you'll find the one you want; with all the accessories.

The 1300 is a girls bike.
    2013 Victory Cross Country Tour

Ok, heres the deal. I'm sure there is a forum on this site about this somewhere but I'm sure I will get feedback early and often on this topic. I was looking at a vtx 1800 with everything I wanted on it, hard bags, fairing with radio, and exhaust. It sold before I could get there. I am now looking at a vtx 1300 with low miles and cheap enough I could get the accessories I want within the same price. I currently own an 1800 and LOVE IT. How much, if any, of a change will I see? Power? Handleing? Gas milage? Thanks in advance.
    It's about the same as havin penis reduction surgery!

99 XLH883
    2012 FLHR Road King
    Sgt USMC 67-71 PGR

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandRocks View Post
    03 VTX 1800S Illusion Blue Ultimate X Big Boy GYTT 205/65-15 Darkside and Loving it!

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Spamaster View Post
    If thats the case I must be one ugly a.. girl. I love mine.
    2004 1300s GOD GAVE US THE RIGHT TO RIDE THE HIGHWAYS AND BARE ARMS.

The 1300 is a great bike and its a lot of fun but I went with the 1800. I just knew that if I got a 1300 I would always be thinking "I wish this was an 1800" but I think an 1300 would be a cool 2nd bike. I would put bags and a windshield on the 1300 and strip down the 1800 for more of a fun bike.

03 1800R - Hypercharger, HK Big Straights, Fi2000, 1300 Final Drive, Goodyear Tripeltred

Default a girls bike?

I have ridden both 1300c and 1800c the 1800 does have alot more straight line power but it handles like a pig compared to the 1300. You should ride both because everyone has their own preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamaster View Post
    Yeah. Might just as well go ahead and get a Boss Hoss and then you will not be left wondering if you got too small of a bike.

Dan

I've never ridden an 1800, but I'm completely satisfied with my 1300. It's my first road bike, and it's quite comfortable on short hops, or long hauls, whether your 1 or 2 up. I had a chance when purchasing to buy an 1800 instead, and given the chance again, given my experience now, I'd consider it. As stated, the 1800 has more straightline power, but I kill myself on a 1300 just as easy as I can on an 1800.
    2004 1300C, Spyker Mod, FP Stage 3 Kit, Resmogged with Bubs and a bunch of bling.

Default lol

Don't take my last comment the wrong way 1800 guys. I love all vtx's

I love my "girl" bike BTW, I have a low 11 sec sportbike to prove my manhood.

Default let's get ready rumbllllllllle

Quote Originally Posted by dumbcomputers View Post
    I love my "girl" bike BTW, I have a low 11 sec sportbike to prove my manhood.

Lol did this thread just become a pe#i$ swinging contest.

Default 1300 v. 1800

Dad has a 2005 1800 F
    Mom has a 2006 1300 C
    After a year and a half (or more) of switching back and forth and not being able to make up my mind, I got a 2007 1800 C and it was the right decision for me.

everything good everyone has said about these two fine motorcycles is absolutely right. So long as you're on a VTX, you've made a great choice.

Dumbcomputers: Did you just define your manhood by how quick you are?!

2007 Franken C/F , Power Commander, V&H Big Shots with quiet baffles ...in both of the fastest colors.

I like the 1300 because I have a small penis, I'm ugly, I have low testosterone, I can't BBQ worth a crap, I'm weak and scrawny, I listen to Air Supply, my mother used to beat me, I suck at billiards and darts, and I don't have any body hair. It takes me forever to get anywhere I want to go. 1300s are for lesser men. 1100s are for girls. 750s are for small children.
    Back on the road. 2003 lightly moddified 118ci C model.

[QUOTE=cybrhick;3086176]I like the 1300 because I have a small penis, I'm ugly, I have low testosterone, I can't BBQ worth a crap, I'm weak and scrawny, I listen to Air Supply, my mother used to beat me, I suck at billiards and darts, and I don't have any body hair. It takes me forever to get anywhere I want to go. 1300s are for lesser men. 1100s are for girls. 750s are for small children.[/QUOTE
    Omg I can't quit laughing! Well said sir lol

Quote Originally Posted by shawn suttle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cybrhick View Post
    I like the 1300 because I have a small penis, I'm ugly, I have low testosterone, I can't BBQ worth a crap, I'm weak and scrawny, I listen to Air Supply, my mother used to beat me, I suck at billiards and darts, and I don't have any body hair. It takes me forever to get anywhere I want to go. 1300s are for lesser men. 1100s are for girls. 750s are for small children.
    Omg I can't quit laughing! Well said sir lol
    Fixed it for ya.
    Dan

1800 is for those who have something to prove to the world. . after all, bigger means better.

1300 is for those that just want to cruise. . It doesn't have the power the 1800 has, but they'll always be a bigger bike, no sense trying to keep up.

and

Bub Club member #361

I've been on this board for over 6 years and this question has been asked about a million times. As far as I can tell there are three possible anwsers:

1) VTX1800 is far better than the VTX1300

2) There is little difference between the VTX1300 and VTX1800 and what little difference there is doesn't really matter in every day driving

3) Both bikes have pros and cons and excel under different circumstances. Buy one of each and use as appropriate.

There is no way that any of these anwsers will really be helpful. The only way is for you to go test drive a VTX1300 and decide for yourself.

In the end its personal preference and comfort which only you can decided for yourself. But I don't think you can go wrong with either.

For me I made a hybrid-VTX, I put a 1300FD on my VTX1800. Now I have the best of both worlds.

But to ask the obvious question: If you have an 1800 why not simply customize it the way you want?
    Last edited by VTXCRZR; 01-20-2011 at 06:57 PM.

2003 VTX 1800 C, Rinehart Exhaust, Hypercharger, PCIII, Custom map for each cylinder, 1300 FD, Spec 3 F-wheels, 200x50x18 Metzler

Quote Originally Posted by cybrhick View Post

I've owned 2 different 1800's, and bought a 1300 last spring. I enjoy riding the 1300 so much more, better handling, lighter, better mpg....

06-1300C,Mustang seat/ Vance and Hines pipes, hondaline backrest/saddleman bags/ memphis shades 21" shield, socket risers, Kury grips/footpegs/deep dish bezels w/red rear lenses/Run-Turn-Brake Controller/Metzler 880's-w/dynabeads. Stebel Horn/K&N air filter/Rotella T6/Paladin highway bars.12 KLR650

Let's ask tranz. He always has a keen perspective on this aged debate.
    2007 1300R Mid-South X-Riders #11

More correctly, 1800's are for those who've been told they need a p*nis enlargement surgery

VTX 1800R Custom, QQ drop bags/fender, HD Street Glide fairing, 8 speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, Kenwood deck, 4 pc Ultimate seats, so much chrome it hurts....

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandRocks View Post
    Or maybe 1800s are trying to make up for the lack there of.
    2004 1300s GOD GAVE US THE RIGHT TO RIDE THE HIGHWAYS AND BARE ARMS.

I knew it

Quote Originally Posted by edgee View Post
    I knew it

I just shed a tear. It's beautiful.
    Back on the road. 2003 lightly moddified 118ci C model.

That's why I ride an 1800. It's my penis extension.
    The New Bike.THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.