Honda VTX Forum banner

Mardon Check in and ride questions

3K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  bigd_74 
#1 ·
Are you going to Mardon?

When are you leaving and which way are you riding over?

#28 ·
Some of us would be upset if you didn't stop in to say hey :thumbup: How's the Harley treating you ???
The Ultra has been a great bike, it's even better now since I installed a 6 speed in it about 1-1/2 years ago. Also added a few more things to make it mine ifin you know what I mean. Coming over is not a for sure thing as we speak, getting ready for a big vacation soon in Cabo and have some things to finish up before we leave. But if I can get away for a day of riding I'll be over...

Later Jeff

#29 ·
Old friend, it would be great to see you, even for a short time.
Do you remember, or did you ever even know, you were the first WA VTXer I met?
Colleen and I pulled in to Mardon, unloaded our stuff, and then I walked thru the campsite introducing myself. You were the first one I spoke to.
(Jason [bbqguy] was the first VTXer I met, but he and I were under the OR flag back then.)
Jim

Yes Jim I remember, I also remember when we talked you asked me what type of exhaust I had on my 1300. Then the next time we seen each other, Colleen had the same one on her 1300. The Very first time I was in Mardon, Tim aka ( 6footmoose ) had put that ride together, that was back in 2004. There was about 7 of us the first year, that was the first time I also met Lee and Vicki. Vicki had just got her motorcycle license. Times sure have changed since then old friend...

Later Jeff

#30 ·
I hope you can get away for a day ride.

The Ultra has been a great bike, it's even better now since I installed a 6 speed in it about 1-1/2 years ago. Also added a few more things to make it mine ifin you know what I mean. Coming over is not a for sure thing as we speak, getting ready for a big vacation soon in Cabo and have some things to finish up before we leave. But if I can get away for a day of riding I'll be over...

Later Jeff

#31 ·
Nice to hear that the ride and event is coming together for yu'll... I will miss Mardon again this year. But I will see a good friend this weekend. Leslie and I are heading to Portland with my son and G-daughter to a regional fast pitch tourney for their 12U girls team. Son coaches and we go to all the games. We have talked to Bob and Sevie (Izzy) and we are spending the night tonight with them.... We don't play till Friday about 1pm... Jon,sam gary,dave,jim, collen, and all please ride safe and have a good time.... maybe next year? Ed&Leslie

#33 ·
this really sucks, but we cant make it to Mardon, We committed to a family function, that we thought was the weekend after. turns out it is the same. this will be the first we have missed, we were looking forward to seeing the crew old and new.
Hopefully the old rally will still be around next year.
Lee and Vicky

#34 ·
this really sucks, but we cant make it to Mardon, We committed to a family function, that we thought was the weekend after. turns out it is the same. this will be the first we have missed, we were looking forward to seeing the crew old and new.
Lee and Vicky

Sorry to hear that you two won't be able to join us this year. Hopefully next year will be a great turn out!

Hope to see you two sooner than later.
Gary

#35 ·
alright i talked my wife into letting me go This Saturday for a day. I Really wanna go there to check it out, and meet you guys for the 1st time :lol:.
So when I get to the resort, where do I find you guys, since I don't know anyone there lol
I'm gonna come there around 10 maybe 11am on sat. and leave the same day in the evening.

#36 ·
alright i talked my wife into letting me go This Saturday for a day. I Really wanna go there to check it out, and meet you guys for the 1st time :lol:.
So when I get to the resort, where do I find you guys, since I don't know anyone there lol
I'm gonna come there around 10 maybe 11am on sat. and leave the same day in the evening.
Look for the VTXs!!
I think we're riding somewhere on saturday..

#37 ·

Glad you can make it.

Click on the following link to the other posting, the entrance is at the top left of the pic:

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?320310-Official-WAVTX-Mardon-2012-Rally-Post&p=3550541&viewfull=1#post3550541

Keep in mind that we now only have tent sites 8, 9 and 20 and not all that are marked on the pic. I am staying in the Duck Shack which is right next to the tent sites. It's a double mobile home they rent out. There should be a bunch of bike around that area. Usually on Saturday we try and get a ride in to somewhere but Ive not heard of any ideas for this year as there aren't too many people attending and some that are are leaving for home on Saturday too. When you come in the entrance just ride straight down the hill towards the main office, and once past the buildings we should be in the grassy area, just before the main office.

Here is my cell ph if you need to get in touch with us.. 206. eight nine zero. 88 three one.

See ya there,
Gary aka CRUZR

#38 ·
Lee and Vicky
Lee and Vicki, it's actually impossible to find words to express our disappointment
J & C

#39 ·
We are the eastern WA folks. Closer to you that most others.
After Friday night, the morning starts late... But if you're confused/lost on arrival, call us at 541-786-5840, or knock on the door of motel room A, the closest one to the campsite, if nothing else works. see you Saturday!
Jim & Colleen

#40 ·
After Friday night, the morning starts late... But if you're confused/lost on arrival, call us at 541-786-5840, or knock on the door of motel room A, the closest one to the campsite, if nothing else works. see you Saturday!
Jim & Colleen
If I get lonely can I knock on the door too? :evil: :yikes:

See ya'll real soon!

#41 ·
Jim & Colleen
Thanks, I'll be knocking...lol

#42 ·
Jim & Colleen
Where in WA are you from?

#44 ·
Jim and Colleen live in LaGrande OR:thumbup:
They are from the other Washington! You will enjoy meeting and visiting with them. The same applies to all that are going. One of the cool things with going to Mardon is you get a chance to sit down and talk, laugh and get to know people you only see on the board with posts. It's a lot of fun and I look forward hearing some of the stories.
Scott

#45 ·
Gotta break in the weather - outta here in 30 minutes or so. :mrgreen:

Dave~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.