Honda VTX Forum banner

Anybody riding Sunday 7-29 or is there a party ?

2K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Doc Rick 
#1 ·
Anybody riding Sunday 7-29 or is there a party ?

#2 ·
Jerry,
I know people have been asking about this weekend. I sent Mike a PM and asked him if things were still "go". Sunday has nothing scheduled for rides and Mike is heading out Sunday and Monday. The other date was Saturday the 28th with a ride to Nubble and possibly Mike's afterward. I'm waiting for him to get back to me on Saturday. His pool still has a liner leak. Also, it might be tight with a ride to Nubble and possibly lunch on the ride. As far as I know the ride is still "go", but I would imagine with everything Mike needs to get done for his weekend away, the pool party is probable a "no go". We had an alternate date of Saturday August 11th for a possible pool party but that is bust as well. I removed that date from the calendar. I left the July 28th date just in case, but like I said, it's probably not going to happen. I'll post here when I know for sure or Mike may post.

#3 ·
Weekend plans...

Coastal ride to ME, was supposed to be Sat., but it looks like that is a washout. I didn't see a rain date for the ride, is that up for discussion?
Also, Mike's pool party was on Sat... ???

#4 ·
Coastal ride to ME, was supposed to be Sat., but it looks like that is a washout. I didn't see a rain date for the ride, is that up for discussion?
Also, Mike's pool party was on Sat... ???
Why is the Nubble a washout Paul? Nobody's going? Pool party may be a washout. (more than likely)

#6 ·
Why is the Nubble a washout Paul? Nobody's going? Pool party may be a washout. (more than likely)
Sorry... didin't mean to be presumptive... but I was. :cry::rain1:

I forgot I'm the only one that doesn't like to ride in the rain. LOL!
Seriously though, the weather pattern changes from minute to minute, so Sat. could be a great day. I hope so.:thumbup:

They really only know for sure twenty-four hours out anyway.

Now this morning I might have missed something...
This all changed since I looked this morning. The weather guys down here (WHDH) were calling for heavy rain and thunderstorms through Saturday.
Sunday looks a lot better so far according to them, but not great. But that's MA.
Auto part

Click to enlarge.

Now if you watch WMUR (who usually does a better job with the NH weather), they are calling for possible showers on Sat. & Sun.
Not a washout by any means! Maybe the farther north you go the better the weather will be.
Auto part Automotive exterior

Click to enlarge.

The Weather Channel has York, ME with possible thunder showers on Sat. as of tonight.
These guys don't get it right a lot of the time. But, here's the York, ME weekend forecast so far.
Text Font

Click to enlarge.

Hope Friday has some good news from the weather gods and the ride is on. I'm in on Saturday.

#8 ·
I'm out, Just stabbed myself with an oil can between thumb and forefinger, stuck it about an inch in. :cus: I don't think I can squeeze the clutch all day. Must have hit some tendons or the bone...

#9 ·
I'm out, Just stabbed myself with an oil can between thumb and forefinger, stuck it about an inch in. :cus: I don't think I can squeeze the clutch all day. Must have hit some tendons or the bone...
Ouch! Hope that heals quick.:yikes:

#10 ·
Uh....

Geez Moo... Hope you get it checked out at the hospital, at least to get a tetanus shot. Feel better and take care of yourself.

#11 ·
? Ride on or off ?

OK people.....Mike's pool party is definitely cancelled. (for now maybe??) He has a lot going on so for now it's "no go".
As far as the Nubble ride, that should still be a "go" unless people prefer to do Sunday.
Day? Time? Place? Ride on...

#12 ·
Day? Time? Place? Ride on...
Doesn't look like there was much interest on this ride. As usual.....it's last minute. :dontknow:
Elvie has a bad cold and I think she wants me to have it too. I won't be going on either day.
We'll be staying home and pinching pennies. Although my claim has gone through, need the money to start rolling in.
Good news is I maxed out again with the claim for another 30 weeks. I would rather be working though.
If anyone is going....have a great day.

#13 ·
I'm opting out too...

Doesn't look like there was much interest on this ride.... If anyone is going....have a great day.
Well, unless the weather changes for the better and some more interest is shown... I'm going to bow out of this one too. :sad:

I'll probably stay local on Saturday and ride up to Newburyport for lunch at the Black Cow in between the raindrops.
If the weather cooperates I'll take a ride to the waterfront for the Concours d’Elegance in Beverly, MA, at Endicott College, on Sunday.
I think it's a rain or shine event showcasing classic cars, music, and entertainment.

Either day, I'll take the cage if the weather is bad.

Sorry to hear you and Elvie are catching colds... feel better you two.

#16 ·
Sorry to hear that. Sounds quite nasty.

I'd like to get out for a ride but I have to get a few things put together for a photo shoot with my web guy. He's taking pics of the targets to put on the web store.

#19 ·
Now thats gonna hurt

Now why would you do something like that for ? Oh yeah, it's that time of year again. Happy 4th year, now you can let Beth play nurse. :lol::lol::lol: Have fun, and play nice. TTYL.

Steve#3 8)

#21 ·
I bet you did...

I got out for a nice ride today.... :)
Hey Ken,
Where did ya go today? I got out and dodged a few rain drops around here, kind of chilly... Had to rely on the radio for company, but I was on the road.
How long a trip is it to your house from Andover, MA, now? If it's not too long I'll go for a ride with ya sometime. :roll: I wish!

We'll be down there one of these days, I've go t a Victory plan.

Regards,
Paul

#22 ·
Hey Ken,
Where did ya go today? I got out and dodged a few rain drops around here, kind of chilly... Had to rely on the radio for company, but I was on the road.
How long a trip is it to your house from Andover, MA, now? If it's not too long I'll go for a ride with ya sometime. :roll: I wish!

We'll be down there one of these days, I've go t a Victory plan.

Regards,
Paul

Paul

We travelled north of the new house on some pretty nice country roads. I must say the back road speed limits are a little higher down here. I think the average speed we travelled was faster then anything up north off of the highway. The guys down here seem to be good people and really smart. All 5 of us had silver bikes..:twisted: :twisted:

#23 ·
Paul

We travelled north of the new house on some pretty nice country roads. I must say the back road speed limits are a little higher down here. I think the average speed we travelled was faster then anything up north off of the highway. The guys down here seem to be good people and really smart. All 5 of us had silver bikes..:twisted: :twisted:
Sounds like you are settling in, are you in for next years ride to the sky?

#24 ·
Paul

Sounds like you've made some new friends to ride with already. I would imagine all those runs on the Kancamagus prepared you for riding those hills and curves.

Sounds like you are settling in, are you in for next years ride to the sky?
What I want to know Ken is... Are you ready for the invasion of Northern VTX'ers next year?

#25 ·
Paul

So down south, they like to say each other "hey watch me do this..." and then something bad happens. And low and behold, they said it and now own silver bikes.......so when do you start losing your teeth? :yikes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.