What seat do ytou have? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What seat do ytou have?

I had a local upholsterer upgrade my stock seat and my behind loves it. At 100 miles on the stock seat I hurt. No if, ands or buts about it, I hurt. 2007 VTX 1300C
    2007 VTX 1300C Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Ultimate low rider on the Neo & sold the Mustang on the Retro for another low rider.

Chrome Cowgirl- Real & Steel
    1800N Carlini Apes DS & 1800R Carlini Apes- the back-up
    ~Geyatahi Soquili~
    Rebecca WildHorse
    SIS National Director/CEO
    www.SistersInSpirit.org

Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!

Thumbs up Big THUMBS UP for Mean City Seats!

Quote Originally Posted by dan3 View Post
    Call Allen at MCC. You and him can decide what's best. He is one of the good guys who you can trust.

Here is the link:

I have the pleasure of riding on my Mean City seat every day and it brought a great big smile to my face when I first sat down 'into' it, and a big grin ever after knowing I didn't pay a fortune.

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Corbin Dual Tour with a backrest. A bit pricey but definitely an all day saddle.
    Plus you can ride into their factory and have one custom made to fit your butt while you wait. (in your choice of materials stitching, color etc.) for no extra charge. An experience i would definitely recommend.

Mustang driver and passenger with driver back rest. A tremendous improvement over stock.
    More comfort means more painless miles.
    In the next year or so I plan on sending mine to Mean City for further improvements.. I just have a few more mods that superceed the seat for now.
    To you guys and gals running the stocker, big ups to ya. I remember my boney butt screaming for mercy after 80 miles.

REAPS
    1800r, Double Darkside, 1300Final,

4-piece Ultimate Big Boy. Love it.

Time to start filling in more states!
    2008 Iowa, Missouri and Kansas. 2009 Minnesota and Wisconsin. 2010 Colorado
    2011 Texas, Oklahoma...so far

Quote Originally Posted by kshbennet View Post
    4-piece Ultimate Big Boy. Love it.
    Same here. Had it for 7 years now. Still as comfy as ever. The backrest makes all the difference on long rides.

2010 Four Corners Motorcycle Tour Finisher
    --- 2004 VTX 1800 Retro --- 1999 Magna 750 Deluxe ---

ButtyBuddy for the Girlfriend. She loves it as you can see.

Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!

Question Shame on Honda?

Mathwiz:
    Every time one of these seat threads pop up I get just a little miffed at Honda.
    MCC rocks, and Honda should be ashamed of their selves.
    I agree its too bad the VTX has a reputation of bad stock seats.

I had read this before I bought my bike but having owned 8 bikes previous and never having a truly uncomfortable seat, I thought the complaints might be exaggerations. Nope! I experienced my 1st major butt burn on my first 3 hr. ride and was miffed I had to spend $$ on a replacement seat instead of chrome.

GTvtx:
    I think Japanese butts are different from ours
    LMFAO! Yeah, I'm sure that's it. No, I owned a couple Gold Wings and the stock seats were very nice, so I'm not letting Honda off that easy. . .

I can forgive Honda though because they made such an awesome bike with the VTX!
    "A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Ultimate Big Boy....Luv it

"Two-thirds of all quotes found on the internet are, more or less, complete bullsh*t". - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by striker782 View Post
    Ultimate Big Boy with backrests!
    +1

Best money I ever spent on the VTX.
    If you take trips of any length, I highly recommend it. I tried several seats by asking fellow VTX'ers when I saw them at a gas station or bike night or whatever.
    You might try that.
    For me, nothing else was even close to the Ultimate Big Boy.
    It's been several years and I still feel that way.

Default Stock Seat

I still have my stock seat on my 1300VTXR. I rode it to Sturgis a couple of years ago and I did just fine. But now that I've had back surgery I am looking into replacing the seat with a Ultimate Big Boy. . . .if the wife will let me spend the money!

Ride Safe
    Mario

Ultimate lowrider with backrests. Best money I ever spent!

2006 VTX 1300R the Ultimate X
    Florida Gators 2006 National Champions!!!

Default Bike seats

Mean City CyclesBest friend you butt could have.

I know I'm going to take heat for this, but I went the olde fashioned route and threw a sheepskin on my stock saddle and did 16 hours without a hitch.

Frankly, it's stop gap measure while I decide what saddle to replace the stock with, but it sure does work.

2008 VTX1800N Spec 3 - "Freya"
    “The notion that faith in Christ is to be rewarded by an eternity of bliss, while a dependence upon reason, observation, and experience merits everlasting pain, is too absurd for refutation, and can be believed only by that unhappy mixture of insanity and ignorance, called faith.” ― Robert G. Ingersoll

Quote Originally Posted by ARTjr67 View Post
    Mean City CyclesBest friend you butt could have.
    MCC to be installed as soon as the snow melts. Their service is the best, second to nobody!

Thumbs up Ultimate X seats.

I put a sheepskin on my stock seat after the first year.
    That was good for about a year.
    I then bought a 4 Pc Ultimate X Big Boy and really loved it.
    I replaced the BB with the Ultimate X Lowrider 4 pc.
    There is a big differance between the two and you can see a review I did on them here.
    http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285322
    What ever seat you buy make sure you get a backrest.
    Your body will thank you.
    ps. I still use the sheepskin on long cold rides. It really helps keep my butt warm.

Default Arizona mc seat

I was sent this picture today. I don't know who makes the seat but it's pretty cool. I wouldn't want the attention it would bring, but VA is an open carry state.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 VTX-1800N3 Metalic Magenta
    GYTT 205/60/16
    Why don't you ever see the headline
    'Psychic Wins Lottery'?

Quote Originally Posted by VTXCRZR View Post
    I get a kick everytime I see this question. I've been using my stock seat since I bought the bike new in 2004, that's 60 thousand plus miles and a couple of iron butts and a gang of 300 to 400 mile days tooling around the Hill Country of Texas. We all imagine ourselves as rough and tough motorcycle guys as we ride up and down our perfectly smooth streets on our highly tuned and sophisticated suspensions and our comfy cushy custom seats only in perfect weather.

If you want to see tough take a look at the Avis and Effie Hotchkiss's story. On May 15, 1915 the mother and daughter team (thats righ Avis and her little girl Effie) of set off on a cross country tour from Brooklyn, NY to San Francisco, CA. Most of the roads were unpaved, they endured heat, cold, rain and snow during the trip. Oh yea, they did it all on 1915 suspension and seat technology. So the next 60 degree day that you are fretting as to whether or not to ride because its cloudy or worried that your little bottom might hurt, think about Avis and Effie, Dot Robinson, Bessie Stringfield and Vivan Bales.

Also once Avis and Effie got to San Francisco the only way to get their bike back home was to ride it. No shipping or trailering for these gals. So actually they did Brooklyn to San Francisco to Brooklyn between May 1915 and October 1915 on a stock 1915 HD seat. Thats no memory foam, no gel pads, no padding all. Just a hard pan seat on two little springs.

Even some of the women on this board are pretty tough (http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296170)

We big tough men should be embarrassed.
    Yes we all have become candy asses, some more than others. Those ladies were tougher than me, so was my mother and grandmother. I did not have that much of a problem with my X's stock seat. Did an SS1000 and a 5600 mile trip. I had the money so I thought I'd up grade. A few years ago I would not have wasted the $ as I did not have any. I guess it is sorta like AC in a car. I used to not want to spend the money in the 70's but now I don't want to be without it.

just recently bought the memory foam/gel cushion and will probably use it this weekend on a poker run, i will let u know.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.