2011 Indiana VTX Riders Gathering
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2011 Indiana VTX Riders Gathering

Default 2011 Indiana VTX Riders Gathering

Termite and I are planning an Indiana VTX Riders gathering. Date will Sat., June 18th, 2011. Initial plans are that all will meet at the Ropkey Armor Museum (www.ropkeyarmormuseum.com) in Crawfordsville, IN for a tour through the museum, then on to the HWY 341 Cafe in Wallace, IN for eats and then a ride through Parke County. Watch here for more details such as times, etc. Hope you all can make it !!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Count me in.

This is a great museum and a great area to ride in.
    "Oh, bother", said Pooh as the tripwire clicked...

Sunset Red '12 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Stage 1 Bassani Mufflers

Re-Homed With hunter2379
    : Black '03 VTX 1800 Retro Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags Tsukayu Fairing Old Inc Classic Tour Pack Roadhouse Classics 2-1 Show Chrome guards Rivco Risers Rivco Passenger boards Darkside Yokohama AVID ENVigor 205/60R16 1300 final JTD Lowers Cobra Lightbar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointman762 View Post
    Count me in.

This is a great museum and a great area to ride in.
    Great --- we got 3 so far !!!!

Pencil me in guys... don't know what the "work" schedule will be like, but I'm lookin' forward to makin' another VTX "gathering"!

I'm itchin to get the wrist twistin'!!

I'm looking forward to it!!

ALVTX...you might want to post this notice on the Illinois-Southern board too. They're a good bunch of guys and we've met together a couple of times too.

OK all you people who always said you wanted a meet and greet or a tech session...now's your chance to show that you'll support the effort.

Termite
    Big Red ('08 GoldWing)
    Silver Bullet ('12 NC700X)

Sounds like a good day for all. Count me in.....Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dscott101 View Post
    Sounds like a good day for all. Count me in.....Dan
    Welcome aboard Dan!

Stage 1 Bassani Mufflers

Re-Homed With hunter2379
    : Black '03 VTX 1800 Retro Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags Tsukayu Fairing Old Inc Classic Tour Pack Roadhouse Classics 2-1 Show Chrome guards Rivco Risers Rivco Passenger boards Darkside Yokohama AVID ENVigor 205/60R16 1300 final JTD Lowers Cobra Lightbar

The wife is wanting to decorate the rear seat, so we're in.

dang will be in california that week
    [SIGPIC]

I'll try to make it for the ride. Hopefully, I can talk a couple friends with VTX's to join in also!

Apple pie and Chevrolet!!
    This is my 1st pride.
    The other white meat!!

Penciled in the date for us. Can my wife bring her Shadow? Let's hope for no rain and reasonable weather.

Quote Originally Posted by MyVTX1800 View Post
    ...... Can my wife bring her Shadow?...

Of course!! We welcome all riders ...not brands of bikes.

Termite
    Big Red ('08 GoldWing)

I will reserve the date. Will have my better half with on her 650 custom though.

Shoot I might just crash the party with my new scoot.

Or if the X hasn't sold , who knows.

Have to keep a check on this ride.
    New ride: 2011 Victory Cross Country

'02 Retro .. a badass hard bagger - gone '91 900RR - gone '91 1100 Shadow- gone '81 GS550L - gone '69 Sears 109 - gone '64 Tote-Goat - first ride

[QUOTE=ALVTX;3136934]...Indiana VTX Riders gathering. Date will Sat., June 18th, 2011. ...meet at the Ropkey Armor Museum (www.ropkeyarmormuseum.com) in Crawfordsville, IN for a tour through the museum, then on to the HWY 341 Cafe in Wallace, IN for eats and then a ride through Parke County....QUOTE]

Janet and I did the route on Saturday...this will be a great ride. Best of all...There is a big ride-fly in at the museum that day. There'll be lots of planes and vintage cars showing up for food, fun, and music. Some of you may not want to leave for the Parke county part of the gathering!

I'm going to keep the ride to about 100 miles...don't want any butts to catch fire. It'll also let you head on home at a reasonable time if you're travelling some distance to get there.

The Museum event starts at around 8am (go to the website and look at the June 18 link to the flyer). We'll officially start our gathering at 10am and will plan to raise our kickstands at 11:30. Ride will end about 4pm so you can head home at your leisure.

Put this on your "must do" list!! This will be a fun ride.

Termite
    Big Red ('08 GoldWing)

Planning on being there. It will be a good time. I am trying to get a few of my friends to come but it is a busy time of the year and not sure it will fit into the schedules. So count Paula and I on being there unless something unforeseen happens.

Ill try to make it up for this! I visited the museum with the group after one of the tech days in it is incredible!
    http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic26852_1.gif

Unfortunately Paula laid her bike down in some dirt on the side of the road near Nashville. She is ok but bike is a little worse for the wear. (She rode it home.) Going to need a few parts before it can be ridden again. So it just might be me. Looking forward to it though but it will be sad not having my riding buddy with me.

Glad she's OK. Now she belongs to the other half of biker's.

"Those Who Have"

'02 Retro .. a badass hard bagger - gone '91 900RR - gone '91 1100 Shadow- gone '81 GS550L - gone '69 Sears 109 - gone '64 Tote-Goat - first ride

After I saw that she was ok, that same thought went through my mind. I am so glad she is ok. Bike repairs are going to be minimal.

I am an officer of a riding club in Fort Wayne. We have a few VTX riders in our group including myself. I am interested in this group and would like more info if its availible. If anyone is interested in us, you can find us at the following site or on facebook. copperheadsrc.org I may be able to get a small group together for this event. Is there a time or any other details you can share? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dls524 View Post
    ... Is there a time or any other details you can share? Thanks
    You'd all be welcome. This is not limited to VTX riders!! All bikes are welcome. I ride a Goldwing now but still have VTX blood in my veins.

Look up about 7 replies in this thread and you'll see the time and location details.

Termite
    Last edited by Termite; 06-11-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: mispelled VTX
    Big Red ('08 GoldWing)

OK...so who knows what the weather will be like but if the forecast only calls for a low chance of scattered showers this ride will be ON. I'll keep an eye on it and post at the last minute if we need to cancel. If you don't see a post cancelling...we're riding!!

I ran the route again today (it was really nice out ) and here's some details:
    • Meet at Ropkeys Armor Museum around 10am. You can arrive earlier if you like. There should be plenty happening.
    • Kickstands up at 10:30. Arrive with enough gas for 100 miles! There aren't many fueling opportunities on the route...and it really throws the schedule off if we have to stop for 1 or 2 bikes to gas up.
    • We'll have lunch at the 341 Cafe in Wallace IN.
    • The ride total will be about 100 miles and will take 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
    • We'll end up in Greencastle and everyone can scatter as appropriate from there. We'll be on US 231 so should give you an easy route back home.
    • Ride safe and have fun
    FYI...there is a Pilot truck stop at I-74/State Rd 32 (exit 39). You can fuel up there and its only 2-3 miles from Ropkey's.

Termite
    Big Red ('08 GoldWing)

Still in, weather permitting. Looking forward to it!

Stage 1 Bassani Mufflers

Re-Homed With hunter2379

Default Well D@$% -It

Looks like we are going to have to sit this one out. We have a wedding to attend and after doing a map quest we would have to turn around almost as soon as we got there. It says almost 4hrs one way, normally that wouldn't be a problem but it just cuts it to close.

I almost had KC covinced not to go earlier in the week but then I what happened.

Anyway looks like I'll be sitting in a suit jacket at a wedding instead of riding the bike .

Oh well might get out Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedXer View Post
    ...I almost had KC covinced not to go earlier in the week but then I what happened...
    I know...apparently "Do whatever the &#@# you want" doesn't mean what I thought it meant either

We'll miss you guys but will see you on a ride this summer.

Termite
    Big Red ('08 GoldWing)

Quote Originally Posted by Termite View Post
    I know...apparently "Do whatever the &#@# you want" doesn't mean what I thought it meant either

We'll miss you guys but will see you on a ride this summer.

Termite
    Since my better half's handle bars are still bent she was not riding anyway so planned on going to a late invitation to a wedding in Bloomington. When I mentioned I was going on the ride I got "well, the family at the wedding will REALLY miss you." Sort of the same as above. Going to miss the ride. I really enjoy the museum too. Maybe we'll get together later and ride. I like the routes Termite plans. Enjoy the day.

I thought about jumping in, but its Fathers Day weekend.

Have too much running to do that weekend.

ride safe, and post pics. Sounds like a good ride.
    A good scare is worth more to a man than good advice. - Ed Howe

Default AAARRRGGHH...This ride is OFF

Rain chance at 60% Sounds like some of the storms could be severe

I give up...this has been a goofy year to plan a ride around the weather.

The ride is officially OFF...but...

I'll still head over to the Ropkey Armor Museum for their drive/fly-in. If any of you are so inclined I'd suggest that you hop in your cage and come over anyway. It's a great place and I guarantee you'll be impressed and glad you made the trip.

We'll try again!!

Termite

Termite, thanks for trying. The weather just does not want to cooperate at all these days. Plus everything else seems to get in the way. I wish that there was more time to do the things that I wanted to do and also more time to do the things that I had to do. Guess it is all about priorities and what is important to each of us at the moment that it needs to be done. Maybe we could do an impromptu ride over the route you were going to use and anyone that can make it could go. At any rate thanks for the planning that went into todays ride. Hope you enjoyed the museum visit.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.