Vance and Hines Bigshots
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vance and Hines Bigshots

Default Vance and Hines Bigshots

I just bought some used V&H Bigshots that were on a 2006 S Retro, I own a 2006 C. My question is do I need to remove the heat shields and install per instructions or should I leave them bolted together like he took them off and expect them to bolt up correctly on my bike? I also understand that this model pipe came with the quiet baffles, is that correct? Thanks for the help, Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Tim, you should be able to just leave them as they are and mount them. I got some Bigshots that were used and mounted them up without taking off the heatshields.

Should be able to leave heat shields on.

Don't know if the ones for the 1300R will fit over to the 1300C, I think the bracket are different but I might be wrong.

As far as baffles is concerned:

Quiet Baffles have a one closed end and about 12" long

Regular Baffles are open on both sides, straight through and also about 12" long

Take a flashlight and look down your pipes and if you see straight through, you got the regular ones.

Look at this thread as well

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301332

I have the quiet baffles and like the sound unfortunately since I went down in March, my bottom shield got road rash so I am looking into buying just the shield or buying a whole different exhaust.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

I left my heat shields on as well.

Make sure you have all the parts.. I was missing the mounting bracket.. $42 from V&H.

they are a tricky pair of sons-a to get lined up, but well worth it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.