Highway bars.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Highway bars.

Default Highway bars.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Which highway bars for the X 1300C? Curious to hear what you folks like and don't like. Thanks in advance!!

2006 VTX 1300C Bub Jug Huggers, Mustang seat, MS Batwing, Tsukayu hard bags, and more to follow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I like the Cobra products for the price and the looks ... of course I say this and dont actually have any because I don't have the funds right now!

Yep......funds are gonna be an issue, but I do like the look of the Cobra Fatty bars.

2006 VTX 1300C Bub Jug Huggers, Mustang seat, MS Batwing, Tsukayu hard bags, and more to follow.

National Cycle paladin bars. They look a little more streamlined, and I can attest to their ability to protect the bike and you in a crash.

When I wrecked and needed new highway bars, I bought the same exact thing.

Good luck.

Bub Club member #361

I have the MC Enterprises and they have been good for me. They are a little lower priced than some of the others.

'04 1300 C, Michelin HE 205/70/15

I have the national cycle paladin bars, i preferred those because they're not the traditional oval shape when you look at the front of your bike, they have a nice taper to them.
    Last edited by saliva2002; 05-04-2011 at 08:57 AM.

You can't take it with you...

I've got the Cobra Fatty's and like them a lot. I've seen a lot of posts here about the Fatty's scraping the ground but i've never had that issue in over 13K miles. I've taken some of my turns pretty aggressively but my pegs always touch the ground first, which is when i let up on the throttle. I like the Cobra Fatty's mainly because in my opinion the size matches the look of the VTX.
    07 VTX1300C, Hondaline Sissybar & Rack, Saddlebags, Kuryakyn Acc. Switch Assm, Kuryakyn GranTour Travel Bag, National Cycle Switchblade-Chopped, Stebel Horn, Cobra Fatty Bars, Kuryakyn Aux Lights, Mustang Seat, Cobra Slash Cuts, Kewl Risers, SpeedDRD corrected Speedo at -06.8

Thanks for the responses folks. Now I need to make a decision.

I have the Cobra Fatty's!

I sure do love me some Fatty's!

'05 1300C Convertible *Miss July, 2011* - http://www.cafepress.com/hdklr.492632995

Linbar Highway Bar for Honda VXT1300R/C 2002-2010

http://www.heritagecycleworks.com/Pr...87&SubMenu=588

2008 VTX-1300C with Lindby Linbar, Saddlemen Gel Seat, Memphis Shades Batwing, Cobra sissy bar & luggage rack, chrome "X" behind the sissy bar, chrome rad cover, National Cycle Cruiseliner Saddlebags Smoothback, Scootworks SWR-9 Riser Kit, Kuryakyn 7906 Floor Boards, Vista throttle lock, Metzler 888 rear and 880 front.

Another vote for MC Enterprises bars. Here is a pic of them on my bike which is a 'S', but the 'C' bars are the same part#. When I wrecked they were scratched but held up well strengthwise. They did not bend and in fact all the force transferred to the center mount at the horn which even snapped the horn mount off the frame. They almost totaled the whole bike just because of that. And with that lower bend you have plenty of room if you have a larger boot size. I wear a 13 boot.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by HereticWild View Post
    Linbar Highway Bar for Honda VXT1300R/C 2002-2010

http://www.heritagecycleworks.com/Pr...87&SubMenu=588
    I like the look of the Linbar and the integrated highway foot rest is a plus. I'm considering these for my S.

2005 VTX 1800 S Retro Spec3 - DARKSIDE MHE 195/65/R15
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Cobra Fattys. 2007 VTX 1300C
    2007 VTX 1300C Black

Quote Originally Posted by texastevel View Post
    I like the look of the Linbar and the integrated highway foot rest is a plus. I'm considering these for my S.
    Same - my wife has one similar on her Shadow.
    I ordered it yesterday - when they arrive I will post up a pic.

2008 VTX-1300C with Lindby Linbar, Saddlemen Gel Seat, Memphis Shades Batwing, Cobra sissy bar & luggage rack, chrome "X" behind the sissy bar, chrome rad cover, National Cycle Cruiseliner Saddlebags Smoothback, Scootworks SWR-9 Riser Kit, Kuryakyn 7906 Floor Boards, Vista throttle lock, Metzler 888 rear and 880 front.

Quote Originally Posted by VTX1300cnME View Post
    National Cycle paladin bars. They look a little more streamlined, and I can attest to their ability to protect the bike and you in a crash.

When I wrecked and needed new highway bars, I bought the same exact thing.

Good luck.
    with the NC Paladin. I had MC Enterprise highway footrest before my accident. The footrest bar snapped in two.
    Bow ties, 1300C, Glen's clutch relief, Bare's RTS tail mod, 12oclock Labs SpeedoDRD, Alaska Leather Butt pad, de-emblemed with black-on-black flames, Kury bullets on front fender, Paladin bars with Kury Duallys, All-Balls steering bearings, Progressive front springs

Sail, ski, or ride ... I need the wind.

I went with the Cobra Fatties as well.....
    Semper Fi 1968-1972

2009 1300C with stuff added

Kuryakyn Ergo's with the fold-out foot pegs. They look super sharp and you don't see too many of them, so you won't look like everyone else...on second thought, DON'T get them - I like being unique!
    2007 VTX1800C: Vance & Hines Big Shots, Baron Air Kit, PCIII, Kuryakyn ISO grips, Cobra floorboards, Progressive 412 shocks and fork springs, Kuryakyn Ergo Highway Bars, Mean City Cycles seat, HID headlight, 1300FD, Avon Cobra tires and custom "Truefire" paint by BD's Cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by texastevel View Post
    Those Linbars....yeah they look good but:

1) I have heard from others here that they will fold like a bad poker hand in a drop.

2) Putting your feet up on them is like stirrups on a gyno table because they are so high up.

Just what I have heard. Please do correct me if that feedback was other than what you know to be true.
    Dan

One more vote for Cobra Fatties.

-Mike-
    2003 VTX 1300S
    Memphis Fats Windshield, Saddleman Bags
    Cobra:Tachometer, Sissy Bar, Luggage Rack, Back Rest, Freeway Bars; Lotsa Chrome

Default Highway bars or crash/engine guard?

As for highway bar, I got what's pictured on my photo.

I don't like the way engine guard/crash bards make the bikes look so, I'm against it.

Besides, it's O.K for lay-downs and tip overs but, anything over few MPH, they're useless on protecting anything in my opinion. It does look pretty and shiny, that's about it.

Just my .02
    Attached Images Attached Images

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
    Abe Lincoln

All input is very much appreciated!! I'm still thinkin'.......

Default NC Paladins

I chose the NC Paladins for my F3.
    Personally, I think some of the large, one-piece bar sets look terrific on retro style bikes. Those big crashbars look really fine on a machine that has a windscreen, bags, floorboards, and other stuff.

For other bikes like the 1300C or 1800F, the Paladins are preferable, because they are somewhat smaller and lighter. NC Paladins are a two-piece set, a separate bar for each side.
    Easy to install.

.......Just my opinion.

Check out the .jpg of my F3 with Paladins.

Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I also have the Kuryakyn ergo guards.

Les, VTX 1300C

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.