Bar T-Shirt
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bar T-Shirt

Default Bar T-Shirt

Hey guys, I'm going to be riding my motorcycle from Oklahoma City to Omaha next month. While I'm there I would like to ride into Iowa and look around. I'm only going to be able to stay in Iowa for a couple hours at the most. Are there any bars (preferably motorcycle bars) in Iowa near Omaha that I can stop and get a shirt? I try to collect a shirt from as many states as I can. Any help would be appreciated!
    2005 VTX 1300S. 21" Memphis Shade (removed), Iso Grips, HK Slip-ons, Cobra Sissy Bar (removed), Cobra Freeway Bars (removed), Kuryakyn Highway Pegs (removed), 16" LA Chopper Bars, 3" Risers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

The closest thing for you would probably be the Quaker Steak & Lube in Council Bluffs, don't know if I would call that a motorcycle bar per say, but they have a bike night every Wednesday. Now if you are up for a scenic ride, about an hour, you could ride up through the Loess Hills to Soldier, Ia. to the Midway Tavern, Steve the owner, caters to the bike crowd, and when you walk into the Midway you know instantly that you are in a motorcycle bar. It's a great bar and very friendly people.

www.midwaytavernsoldier.com

I'm sure others will speak up as far as others out there, good luck and ride safe.
    04 1800N, Darkside... lots of extras.

Thank you Phantom 1! I appreciate the response. I looked it up on the map and have already made plans to go there now!
    2005 VTX 1300S. 21" Memphis Shade (removed), Iso Grips, HK Slip-ons, Cobra Sissy Bar (removed), Cobra Freeway Bars (removed), Kuryakyn Highway Pegs (removed), 16" LA Chopper Bars, 3" Risers.

Glad I could help. Post when you are going there, maybe could meet you there and have a beer.

Quaker Steak and Lube in Council Bluffs has very nice bike night t-shirts for sale. Much of the bar is motorcycle themed with bikes on display and hanging from the ceiling.

The rest is car themed.

There will be bikes there all riding season and maybe 1000 of 'em on Wednesday nights.

Is it a motorcycle bar?

uh...

I'd say yes.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...09.70366634237

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...26.70366634237
    Last edited by race66; 07-09-2011 at 08:02 PM.
    http://vnvmcia.com

"You are a fluke of the universe. You have no right to be here. And whether you can hear it or not, the universe is laughing behind your back." -- Deteriorata by Tony Hendra

Phantom 1. That sounds good. As of right now it looks like I will be there on Saturday, August 6th. I will only have a few hours to ride that day. I figure I can be at the bar from around 1:30 to 4:00? I will be there in Omaha for a graduation so I have to plan my riding around everyone else's plans. That's why I'm looking for a bar to go to!! My wifes cousin just got a bike not long ago so he may ride from Omaha to Soldier with me as well, not sure yet? If you don't have anything to do and would like to drink a beer, let me know!

Lancensu, sounds good, will plan on it.

They also have a cool little leather shop in Soldier right across the street from The Midway. Very cool atmosphere and good people. I ride down there all the time as old highway 141 is my favorite back road to anywhere. If I werent headed to Sturgis that weekend I would meet you all for a beer as well. Have a good trip.

2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Wish ya could Abbotdog, like to take a look at your bike, never saw it at Biker Nights. We were out riding alot that weekend, and back mainly at night but never saw it when walking around. We ride the Loess Hills alot and stop at Soldier quite a bit, usually on Sundays, might catch ya there sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbotdog View Post
    They also have a cool little leather shop in Soldier right across the street from The Midway. Very cool atmosphere and good people. I ride down there all the time as old highway 141 is my favorite back road to anywhere. If I werent headed to Sturgis that weekend I would meet you all for a beer as well. Have a good trip.
    Have fun in Sturgis! What kind of bags are those you have on your bike? I'm looking at getting some new ones sometime.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.