My neighborhood is turning ghetto
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My neighborhood is turning ghetto

Default My neighborhood is turning ghetto

I know this stuff happens all over, but it's seems to be getting closer and closer.

The house in the footage is a house the wife and I pass by just about everyday walking the dogs. I'm pretty sure its renters as it looks like crap. I was awakened by Lifeflight that night as it sounded like it was gonna land on the house. About the time I was getting up to investigate it flew off so I thought nothing more until this story came out. Of course the wife wanted to walk again about 9pm last night(little cooler than 6pm)She insisted on me packing

There is way more to this story...The house apparently is a party house according to the neighbors.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/28533160/detail.html
    Last edited by mojoguy; 07-14-2011 at 09:49 AM.

1981 CR80R Elsinore
    1994 CR250R
    2007 VTX1800F1

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Default My neighborhood is turning ghetto

I feel the same way about my city....the country is next....watch your "6"....good luck
    Phil "I should be ridin " Ford
    06 CBC 1300R Darkside Foots......

Biggest problem I have is with the last sentence of the report, "He is expected to survive."

2003 HD Road King (for sale one of these days)
    2007 VTX 1300 R
    2006 VTX 1800 R Trike

Default Yes Sir

At this point its unclear whos going to face charges? WTF????? Oh my God we cant punish the guilty so lets go after the guy with the job and is innocent... Ya thats the ticket.... One day the people will revolt (I hope)

That news anchor lady sure is a hottie.
    2013 Victory Cross Country Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Spamaster View Post
    That news anchor lady sure is a hottie.
    She's been an anchor here for years and my wifes hates her because she doesn't seem to age at all. Told her thats what face lifts and botox does.

1981 CR80R Elsinore
    1994 CR250R
    2007 VTX1800F1

Quote Originally Posted by mojoguy View Post
    She's been an anchor here for years and my wifes hates her because she doesn't seem to age at all. Told her thats what face lifts and botox does.
    I don't care if she's 90. I'll take one for the team and dive on that friend grenade.
    My parents said....
    I could be anything I wanted, so I became an a$$hole.

Quote Originally Posted by mojoguy View Post
    I know this stuff happens all over, but it's seems to be getting closer and closer.

The house in the footage is a house the wife and I pass by just about everyday walking the dogs. I'm pretty sure its renters as it looks like crap. I was awakened by Lifeflight that night as it sounded like it was gonna land on the house. About the time I was getting up to investigate it flew off so I thought nothing more until this story came out. Of course the wife wanted to walk again about 9pm last night(little cooler than 6pm)She insisted on me packing

There is way more to this story...The house apparently is a party house according to the neighbors.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/28533160/detail.html

The title of the article is: "HCSO: Homeowner Shoots Cellphone Thief"

The subtitle of the article is: "Investigators: Man Asks Homeowner For Help, Steals Cellphone"

The frist sentence of the article is: "HOUSTON -- A man was shot after he robbed a southwest Houston Homeowner, investigators said."

Including the title and subtitle the article contained 181 words. The word Homeowner was used 8 times. 5 out of 7 paragraphs contain the word Homeowner.

The reason I counted was because I was appalled by lack of creative writting used in this article. Couldn't the author think of another word to use to refer to the Homeown. Like maybe his name, the robbery victim,....etc.

If somebody was shot in my neighborhood over a cell phone I would be gone within 6 months.

If somebody stole my cell phone I would simply call the cell phone company and turn it off. Then go get a new one the next morning. I definately would not go grab a gun and wrestle the guy down in the street. My life is worth way more than a cell phone.

Another simple rule of life is don't let strangers who knock on your door at 12:30 am into your house.
    Last edited by VTXCRZR; 07-14-2011 at 05:08 PM.

2003 VTX 1800 C, Rinehart Exhaust, Hypercharger, PCIII, Custom map for each cylinder, 1300 FD, Spec 3 F-wheels, 200x50x18 Metzler

Quote Originally Posted by VTXCRZR View Post

The subtitle of the article is: "Investigators: Man Asks Homeowner For Help, Steals Cellphone"

The frist sentence of the article is: "HOUSTON -- A man was shot after he robbed a southwest Houston Homeowner, investigators said."

Including the title and subtitle the article contained 181 words. The word Homeowner was used 8 times. 5 out of 7 paragraphs contain the word Homeowner.

The reason I counted was because I was appalled by lack of creative writting used in this article. Couldn't the author think of another word to use to refer to the Homeown. Like maybe his name, the robbery victim,....etc.

If somebody was shot in my neighborhood over a cell phone I would be gone within 6 months.

If somebody stole my cell phone I would simply call the cell phone company and turn it off. Then go get a new one the next morning. I definately would not go grab a gun and wrestle the guy down in the street. My life is worth way more than a cell phone.
    That's why I edited my post indicating there is more to this than what the report has. Nothing adds up...Talking with neighbors, word is that there has been a couple of issues around there days prior to this. Something spilled over, thats why I think no charges have been filed yet.

1981 CR80R Elsinore
    1994 CR250R
    2007 VTX1800F1

Quote Originally Posted by jbeambabie View Post
    I don't care if she's 90. I'll take one for the team and dive on that friend grenade.
    yup.
    http://vnvmcia.com

"You are a fluke of the universe. You have no right to be here. And whether you can hear it or not, the universe is laughing behind your back." -- Deteriorata by Tony Hendra

Quote Originally Posted by VTXCRZR View Post

Another simple rule of life is don't let strangers who knock on your door at 12:30 am into your house.
    It's a pretty nice neighborhood. Now had this been in a more unsavory part of Houston with a different demo-graphical make up, chances are that the perps picture would be plastered all over the news. This is a common practice in journalism.
    A country born out of revolution can only mature through revolution.

06' 1300
    Candy Orange, Sumo X 240, Desmog, Mr. Freze mod, JDub extentions, Clayton mod...still underconstruction.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.