Honda VTX Forum banner

Should i worry about it or just let go?

1K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  poweroff 
#1 ·
ok so i'm riding today and i have odometer on trip meter a (so i know when to get gas) i had ridden 82 miles. i look down and its on the mileage indicator instead. when i change it back it had zeroed out the trip meter both a and b.

#6 ·
#7 ·
:agree::agree::agree:
I had the same thing happen with my Nomad. The battery was nearing its end and when I started the engine the voltage dropped so low that the odometer and clock memories were temporarily erased.

#8 ·
Even though the 13 is carbed, it still uses a "controller" (for operation). Anything electronic relies upon constant correct voltage supply. A known good battery/charging system is essential.

#10 ·
thanks for everyones advice. the battery is less than a year old and have kept it on a tender. i guess it could still be going. i am going to check and clean the battery cables and connections for sure. it might be a nonsignificant signal that something bigger is working. don't be stranded so i check it all out.

#13 ·
Under gas tank. Right near the two rubber supports for the tank. There are a group of ground wires on the coil bolt. Need to remove bolt clean paint and frame and reinstall. You can put grease over the wires or paint. Helps with corrosion.

#17 ·
Mine did it once right after I got it. I took apart the panel and cleaned the selector and reset switches. Both had a tiny bit of corrosion on them. No problems since.

#18 ·
Mine did it once right after I got it. I took apart the panel and cleaned the selector and reset switches. Both had a tiny bit of corrosion on them. No problems since.
have not done this or cleaned the switch, but did all the other suggestions today. cleaned battery connections, coil ground connections. checked the little green plugs. charged the battery. if it does it again i will try this. thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.