Midnight Ride 2011
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Midnight Ride 2011

Default Midnight Ride 2011 (8/19-8/20/11)

Did anybody else do this ride? It was a great event, and I sure hope they reconsider their decision to make this the final year (25th anniversary) for the ride. If anyone's interested, I wrote a blog post about the event.

RIDE BLOG: 2011 Midnight Ride Weekend
    Last edited by FeTT-X; 08-26-2011 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Updated title

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Was this an IBA ride? You state they are not doing this again?

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. - P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by jghost369 View Post
    Was this an IBA ride? You state they are not doing this again?
    We had heard beforehand that this was likely to be the final year for the ride, due to declining participation and the amount of work involved in orchestrating this large event. The Goldwing group that has always put it on, we had heard, was hoping another group would take over the event. At this time, we have no confirmation either way, to know if the ride will happen again, but nothing was said at the ride itself, about its being the last one... So I hope it will not be!

No, this was not an Iron Butt ride... The official site for the ride itself is here.

Cool Midnight Ride 2012

Thanks for A GREAT story! I would be hopeful for the 2012 ride and want to join for sure. I will be looking for your post when you hear if it going to happen. Thanks again for the article...

Quote Originally Posted by KRock View Post
    Thanks for A GREAT story! I would be hopeful for the 2012 ride and want to join for sure. I will be looking for your post when you hear if it going to happen. Thanks again for the article...
    Looks like it will be happening again this year... And I plan to participate again! I will try to post here, once we have the official information from the source.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.