Honda VTX Forum banner

Cobra Speedster Longs

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Chase1300 
#1 ·
On sale at DLP for $299.00 the cheapest i've ever seen them, I'm going to buy a set, anyone with these pipes know if the baffles are easily removed? I'm goin for kinda loud.

#2 ·
#6 ·
Yes, they're easily removed. And pretty loud without baffles.

#10 ·
VTX1800N

I use the quiet core baffles in my 1800. Sounds good and healthy, without angering neighbors. It's plenty loud when I open her up! It was obnoxious without the baffles. Easy to change with a 3 foot dowel I use, with a screw sticking out of one side end. (The baffles stick a little) Just unscrew the retainer screw, and stick the wooden dowel inside until you "hook" the far end of the baffle, and give it a little yank. They'll pop right out.

Attachments

#13 ·
Those are what I have on my bike. The original baffles slide right out. I'm running Big City Thunder Monster Baffles. They sound awesome. But I may be a little bias tho. Lol.
I know, we're killin' the OP, but are the Big City Thunder Monster Baffles fuller-sounding than no baffles? I've tried stock, quiet & no baffles. No baffles sound the best to me. However, they sound a little 'clappy' to me. Just wonderin' if I can get a fuller, loud, sound from a specific baffle like yours. In the DFW area, LOUD is good! Bad drivers are only out-numbered by deaf, dumb & stupid ones. Kevin

#14 ·
I know, we're killin' the OP, but are the Big City Thunder Monster Baffles fuller-sounding than no baffles? I've tried stock, quiet & no baffles. No baffles sound the best to me. However, they sound a little 'clappy' to me. Just wonderin' if I can get a fuller, loud, sound from a specific baffle like yours. In the DFW area, LOUD is good! Bad drivers are only out-numbered by deaf, dumb & stupid ones. Kevin

To be honest I don't really remember what it sounded like with no baffles. But I don't think I liked it too much, since I put the baffles back in. I do like it a lot better than the original baffles tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.