Honda VTX Forum banner

Road trip next yr.

939 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Roll On Throttle 
#1 ·
Gf and I are in the process of our next long trip/vacation for next yr (July/August) in that time frame. If anyone would like to come along or maybe meet up would be great. Here are the2 routes we are thinking of taking as of now. But you know bikers change their minds( and we are allowed to). Text Map Line Font Screenshot
Text Map Line Font Ecoregion

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking at your first map. Between your points D and E, you will be coming thru south Pa. What is the Rte.? 30? The first weekend of Aug., a dozen or so of the OA and Café members, get together in Huntingdon, Pa., (Rte. 22). At what point does your rte. thru Pa. turn southwest or south? Maybe we can help with points of interest, lodging, highway selection(construction, detours, etc.), or ??

#3 ·
Looking at your first map. Between your points D and E, you will be coming thru south Pa. What is the Rte.? 30? The first weekend of Aug., a dozen or so of the OA and Café members, get together in Huntingdon, Pa., (Rte. 22). At what point does your rte. thru Pa. turn southwest or south? Maybe we can help with points of interest, lodging, highway selection(construction, detours, etc.), or ??
Not sure on route as of yet we are still in the construction stage and planning. When we get everything finalized will post. Are if nothing else I will PM you with contact info.

#4 ·
If this site goes belly-up, I'm on the VTX Café as PaXman11.

#5 ·
If you do the 2nd route, is there a special reason to ride the interstate to Fargo, ND and back? Like to visit family or friends? Otherwise I'd skip that leg.
IN Iowa a better route would be along the Mississippi. I'd go 61 to Dubuque, cross into WI and follow WI 35 up to Prescott then take WI 10 to Steven's Point.
Just my $.02 as I'd rather see the countryside than interstate traffic.
Also if you come this way and need anything while in this area just holler. :thumbup:

#6 ·
If you do the 2nd route, is there a special reason to ride the interstate to Fargo, ND and back? Like to visit family or friends? Otherwise I'd skip that leg.
IN Iowa a better route would be along the Mississippi. I'd go 61 to Dubuque, cross into WI and follow WI 35 up to Prescott then take WI 10 to Steven's Point.
Just my $.02 as I'd rather see the countryside than interstate traffic.
Also if you come this way and need anything while in this area just holler. :thumbup:
Was looking at ways to hit ND I've been to every state on the west except for ND so that is why I was going to go there. Can't have a state not colored in on my map. Just all depends on the route we take going up first. Here is a picture of what I've rode so far and you will see why I need to hit ND.

Attachments

#7 ·
I would go the first route. Having just been through PA I would highly recommend it, great roads and really nice people. Plus it looks like you might be on the Blue Ridge which is always a plus, I would try to route through Virginia on the way back and hit the Back of the Dragon. Good luck with your choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.