Rear tire
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rear tire

Default Rear tire

Since I only get around 6k out of each rear tire, I was told by a passing VTX owner there was a car tire that fit, was less expensive, and lasted longer...anyone know this size?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Interesting... I got 12K out of my first rear tire and 10K out of the second.

Look here for all of your dark side info: http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/
    “Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”

― John Wayne

I'm getting 15-17k out of my bike tires, Avon or Metzler either one.

That said, I'm running a Yokohama Envigor CT on my 1800R.... I don't get much more out of the Yokohama mileage wise (20-22k) than I did with the Avon or Metzler but at $130 installed I don't really care.

If you're close enough to Fishers you could swing by my office sometime when I'm riding (most of the time) and take mine for a spin and see how it feels? Just put on fresh front and back last week, 3rd car tire and over 40k on them now and still loving it!
    "Oh, bother", said Pooh as the tripwire clicked...

Sunset Red '12 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Stage 1 Bassani Mufflers

Re-Homed With hunter2379
    : Black '03 VTX 1800 Retro Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags Tsukayu Fairing Old Inc Classic Tour Pack Roadhouse Classics 2-1 Show Chrome guards Rivco Risers Rivco Passenger boards Darkside Yokohama AVID ENVigor 205/60R16 1300 final JTD Lowers Cobra Lightbar

Default Dark Side works for me!

I put a Bridgestone 195 X 60 X 16 on, I had NO clearance problems and she rides good. There is a thread out there on my experience, a lot of guys "beat me up" a bit because I didn't go with the 205, I'm not sorry at all, like I said NO CLEARANCE issues!

For $135 it worked out great. It does ride a bit different but you get used ot it in the first hundred miles or so.... Check out the pics with my thread or on my profile....

knees in the Breeze.........Blink

plus youtube car tire on motorcycle and see how much rubber is on the road when turning.. might change your mind
    '05 1300 C. BUBS, NC 2up Switchblade windshield, US Saddlebags

"What we do in Life, Echos in eternity" -Gladiator-

I tried it and my wife caught too much trash from her dad, a long time Harley Rider. So some how the tire got removed from my 03 Retro 1800. It is amazing what a man will do for some piece and quit. It is a Michilin Hydroedge. It did ride different but no more than getting to know a different bike. I still have it if you are interested.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.