Route 135 South - Information?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Route 135 South - Information?

Default Route 135 South - Information?

One of my friend's brothers was killed in a motorcycle vs. car accident along 135 South this past weekend. I attended his wake yesterday.

Not many details other than the news article indicating that the motorcycle may have crossed the yellow line, the motorist was 74 years old, and it was a twisty 2 lane roadway which reported 5 other motorcycle accidents within the last 2 weeks.

I don't get into Indiana much, so I'm not familiar with the route. I'm just curious as to what you guys know about this route. 5 accidents in 2 weeks on a single route seems like a lot.

Ride safe guys.

Leeac

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

135 South is probably the twistiest road in Indiana, so because of that it has a higher than normal amount of motorcycle traffic. I typically visit the road three to five times a riding season because it is a good ride. Two of the biggest problems with the road are the number of driveways along the sides and the width of the road in various spots (narrow).

Lead, follow or get out of the way....

If you could tell us what county or give us intersection info we could probably give you more info...135 in, say, the Greenwood area is 4 lanes with a center turn lane and very congested with shopping center like traffic. In Brown County 135 is a moderately twisty rural... Let us know and I bet we can give you a more detailed answer.
    Sorry for your loss.

Article indicates 6134 State Road 135 South, and the newspaper was Brown County... Sounds like it was the rural area.

Thanks for the responses fellas, I appreciate it.

I'll go over there this weekend and check it out for you and report back.

Brown county covers a wide variaty of roads. They are very congested in spots with very curvy areas. South of Nashville IN they get more challenging with gravel in the apexes of the corners forcing you to take some turns wide to avoid the gravel.
    2007 VTX/R Bags,Sheild,Shark 250 radio,Night Owl lights and of course custom paint. Candy Blue over Candy Orange

I rode down there yesterday- it's like others here described it, pretty rural. 6134 is an address for a house on the west side of the road.
    It's located about a mile N of Story, In.
    Heading S there is a pretty close hillside/bank on the West of the road,then as you near the house it gets flat and wide on the West and the house lays in the curve of the road on maybe an acre.
    On the left or East side of the road it drops off pretty quickly and the farmers got a couple barn/sheds that are maybe 10 ft below the road grade- the east side of the road slopes down pretty quickly.
    I couldn't see any sign of an accident site.
    Aside from the farmers lane and the house's driveway I saw no other lanes/road intersections for maybe 300yd to the South and farther that that to the N...
    Maybe the Police just picked the closest address?
    S of 6134 there are some twisties, nothing too radical. There are some elevation changes in the road, I didn't notice anything too "off camber" and I didn't notice any gravel on the roadway...
    Maybe you could "google earth" it and get a better idea of what it's like.
    Sorry I can't help more... I didn't see anything that stood out.

Thanks for all the local info guys, and especially 34osc for taking the time to drive out there to check it out. It's good information to have, and I really do appreciate it.

Ride safe out there.

Leeac

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.