Looking for some Help
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for some Help

Default Looking for some Help

Hey Guys,

My name in Daniel, I'm a VTX owner and a Camera Assistant for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Tomorrow morning, Oct 2nd, we are surprising a north eastern Iowa family with a new home. Since we have not done this yet, I can not disclose the location or specific details. The family has two sons that want to build and Bikes, currently they have:

1981 650 Kaw
    1982 Verago 920
    1980 KZ750

None are running, I'll try to have more info on the conditions tomorrow. From the info that has been passed to me, the KV750 only needs a tune and clean up from sitting.

What we are looking for is:
    - To get at least one of the bikes going and cleaned up
    - Parts for decoration
    - and Sat. the 8th we are have a Run for family (details to follow)

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, I'll have more details tomorrow.
    'Plug it in and let's see what happens'
    -------------------------------------------------------
    2002 VTX1800R - Kuryakyn Pro Hyper Charger, Bub Chambermaids Staggered, PC III, Darkside

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

So, we are in West Union Building a Home for the Gibbs Family. Their Dad passed about 10yrs ago of cancer and the Mom is Legally blind.

http://thegazette.com/2011/10/02/wes...home-makeover/

The Ideal situation would be for the Verago, a complete bike, to be running. Also if you have any parts that are decorative worthy we will be interest in those as well.

If you are interested in help out, or have info that will help me out in my search please let me know.
    2002 VTX1800R - Kuryakyn Pro Hyper Charger, Bub Chambermaids Staggered, PC III, Darkside

I live on the west side of Iowa in Sioux city. Sorry I dont have anything that can help you out but I would like to say: I like what you guys are doing. I am a fan of the show and think its great that we have people out there that will go to such lengths to bring a smile to a family in need.

Keep up the good work.

2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Default home makeover

great job u have !!!!!!

i don't have anythin that can help, hopefully more read & comes up with help

woulnd't it be cool if u can get fixed, & we can develop a ride of bikes to come in on cue , with ty riding in the bikes, we have many brothers & sisters that would love to come , just a thought ! i for one would donate , ride & help, raise money , & reward is those kids , eyes , tears, & showing how we ia come come together for our own.there are still people that care ,united we stand!!

just a thought , i'm all in for anything i can do , just us a holler away

thanks mark
    2006 1300 S , GRIPS, SISSYBAR, MATAZU TRUNK, BIG BOY SEAT SET, TANK BIB, COBRA PIPES, RS PAINTED BAGS,PASS FLOORBOARDS, PAL HIGHWAY BARS, PEGS,...... wally lights, shark system, too much ......

Default good show

From south east iowa, sorry I don't have anything to help with. Have you contacted J&P Cycle in Anamosa. They are a great company, may be able to help out.

Thanks for the reply's, Stay tuned, there is more stuff coming up. Thanks for the tip monsterops, i"ll give them a call.

J&P Cycles has agreed to take the bikes and restore them for the family, thanks for the help guys.

There is a ride coming up to benefit the family, Tracy i going along, and it ends at the build site, we will be filming the ride. I'll get the details posted tonight.
    Last edited by samsn4; 10-07-2011 at 10:01 AM.

awesome, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD CALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP US POSTED FOR RIDE , SOME US FURTHER THAN OTHERS !!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS j & P FOR ALL U DO!!!
    2006 1300 S , GRIPS, SISSYBAR, MATAZU TRUNK, BIG BOY SEAT SET, TANK BIB, COBRA PIPES, RS PAINTED BAGS,PASS FLOORBOARDS, PAL HIGHWAY BARS, PEGS,...... wally lights, shark system, too much ......

I am so proud! Did this connection with J&P start here on the VTXOA site?

http://links.email.jpcycles.com/serv...c4S0&mt=1&rt=0
    2002 VTX1800C Illusion Blue, Memphis Shades Windscreen and lowers, Honda Line Backrest/rack, Progressive fork springs, K&N Air/Oil filters, Mobil 4T racing oil, Aeromach risers, Kuryakyn grips, highway pegs, swingarm pivot covers, license plate/turn signal assembly, and rear brake chrome kit, desmog, ground wire fix, fuel pickup mod, custom muffler mod like vtxexhaust.com, BadX seat mod, Darkside Michelin Hydroedge 205/65R16

WOW..you meet the nicest people on a Honda..Great thing you guys are doing and good advice from this board, am glad it is turning out so well. J&P should get som good publicity from this endeavor (not meant as a slam, they deserve it).
    2011 HD RGU (Sweeeeet), Rineharts (true dual), Screaming Eagle Race Tuner, Stage 1 intake
    2005 VTX 1300C (Gone May 2010)
    2003 VTX 1800C, Kuryakyn H-Charger, PCIII, V&H Bigshots (where'd the baffles go), backrest, and Arlen Ness Mirrors. (Gone Mar 2012)
    Various years, makes, and colors of 50-850cc bikes since 1967
    BLACK - The FASTER color.
    PGR Member

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.