SD Riders
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SD Riders

Default SD Riders

I would like to hear from any SD VTX riders. Are you out there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SD Striker View Post
    I would like to hear from any SD VTX riders. Are you out there?
    Im here but this SD board is pretty dead.
    2003 1800C with 1800 final! - 250/240 rear, Jug Huggers, painted engine/polished fins, big bars, tank raised, lotsa stuff SOLD Now 2013 Victory Cross Country in Suede Nuclear Sunset

Quote Originally Posted by sixwillwin View Post
    Im here but this SD board is pretty dead.
    I guess we need to try an wake up SD riders

Yeah, I'm here too, but you're right, the SD site is pretty dead. Maybe we can liven things up when spring comes around and put a couple of rides together.

Livin in and ridin in RC since last May... 2004 VTX1300S and a '93 GL1500A Goldwing. Be fun to have some ridin' buddies around here...
    If you can read this, Thank a teacher; since you're reading it in English; Thank a Veteran! All gave some; Some gave All...

Thumbs up

Sioux Falls, riding 07' VTX1800f

I didn't mention, I'm from Huron, I ride a 2002 1800 R-S. I try to get to the Black Hills a couple times a year on the bike, and sometimes I can work a trip for work. Will see what happens next season. I have some Wing riding, and Ultra Classic riding friends around Huron that I do day rides with sometimes.

Anyone been riding with this amazing Dec. weather?

My VTX is on the lift waiting for my shocks to get "modded" by PonyZ and sent back.... haven't had the Goldwing out... just been too busy with Christmas shopping, etc. Heres hopin' Jan is as decent as Dec has been!
    If you can read this, Thank a teacher; since you're reading it in English; Thank a Veteran! All gave some; Some gave All...

Thumbs up Riding in December?

Monday Dec, 26 2011 is supposed to be 48 degrees out anyone going riding?

I'm here too... sometimes. This board is slow enough i forget to check sometimes. That and I been off the OA for a while chasing ice fishing dreams......
    -Richard
    05 1800F/N - the goodies keep getting better...
    I walk on water

CLICK here for Darkside Forum
    DS -01/06/07

Default hey West river

You guys have some of the best riding on the planet... I lived in Sturgis and then bought a place in Newell S.D. but now reside in AZ... Could no longer take the harsh winters... would like to find a spot to rent for the summer 2012...West river of course... Love riding the Hills... anybody ever stop at the mercantile in Crow Butte? Or the Mercantile in Alladin Wy? Rode that route a bazillion times but always want just one more ride... How about Hoover S.D. or Buffalo S.D. or Reva S.D. or Belvidere S.D. Ah so many places so little time.... I surely am fortunate for having actually lived there... How about Mt Rushmore or Crazy Horse....
    Wall was always a blast, remeber settin down to a beverage and a free donut for being a veteran....
    But the coolest small town goes to Rochford S.D. followed closely by White lake S.D. but thats East River..
    Could go on for pages but most find it boring so goin for a ride supposed to be 65 degrees today and thats above zero.... The Native Americans believe the Black Hills are sacred and I tend to think that also...

it finally snowed in Vermillion
    snowyx.jpg
    1800c, custom paint, driving lights, clayton mod

Just did a nice little ride around sioux falls yesterday. Realy nice day out and fun to ride after a few months. This is the first time ive looked at the fourms im months.

Thumbs up

Yeah I was out in Sioux Falls yesterday as well. It was such a nice day could not wait to get out..

Just checked the board. First time post I believe. Love my X. Kind of a loner. Reside roughly half way between Sioux Falls and Vermillion. I'll try to be more attentive and make it to some rides. later...
    Experience......... what you have, right after the moment you needed it.

Smo~kum (verb): the rebellious act of embedding large particles of rubber into asphalt or concrete.

03' 1800 DbłęDrk

R.I.P. Zach

Thumbs up 4 states in 4 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by jd.smokum View Post
    Just checked the board. First time post I believe. Love my X. Kind of a loner. Reside roughly half way between Sioux Falls and Vermillion. I'll try to be more attentive and make it to some rides. later...

Yeah keep an eye out. I was talking to some guys at work about a ride I found online. It says that you can hit up to 4 states in 4-6 hrs. Sounds like a fun ride and from what I have heard it is a pretty ride. We have not picked a date, but I for sure will post on here If anyone would like to join.

http://www.openroadjourney.com/loadroute.asp?rid=4728

Start in Sioux Falls then head to Luverne, Minn. to make 4th State
    Life is like a knife, Dull every where except on the edge!!

I have been amazed at the number of VTXs I have seen this spring in the Sioux Falls area. God forbid they become as commonplace as the HD brand.....
    2003 1800C with 1800 final! - 250/240 rear, Jug Huggers, painted engine/polished fins, big bars, tank raised, lotsa stuff SOLD Now 2013 Victory Cross Country in Suede Nuclear Sunset

There's a ton of 'em runnin around Rapid City area too, but seems a lot don't frequent or know about the forum....
    -Richard
    I walk on water

DS -01/06/07

I'm here. I just moved up to Rapid in March.

1300R

Welcome to SD!
    -Richard
    I walk on water

DS -01/06/07

Default New VTX Rider

Just thought I would say hello. I am a brand new VTX owner. After owning and riding a much smaller other brand motorcycle, for the past 10 years, I made the leap and bought a 2006 VTX 1300 R. I am in Rapid City for the summers and spend my winters in Arizona, so I ride year round. I have to say I have only ridden a few miles on my new to me bike, but I already LOVE it. Hope to see ya on the road.

I had a similar experience coming from a smaller bike. I rode a 360 Yamaha, then didn't ride at all for 21 years, then bought my 1800 VTX R. It was quite a shock just to start riding, and to go up in weight quite a bit compared to my old bike. But I love it and never looked back. I'd love to try out a new BMW but for now the vtx seems to work out just fine for me.

No post lately anyone still out there its riding time woot woot
    Life is like a knife, Dull every where except on the edge!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.