Whose out there ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whose out there ?

Default Whose out there ?

Lets get all the Iowa Vtx Riders to post here and see how many we have. I really would like to get a back patch going and start doing some annual meets and rides. Lets get organized and ride...

2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Talking 10-4

You're NW, I'm SE, so who is in-between?

Still here. I like the idea of some meets and greets and rides. We talked about it last January or so, but it never seemed to work out. I hope we have better luck this next summer.
    04 1800N, Darkside... lots of extras.

just south of Ames, North of Des Moines
    -Caboose

07 1300C; Swingwing pegs; BUB Jug Huggers; raptor bar;iron cross brake light

Eph 4:1

North central Ia. Algona

There is 4 riders here in the Quad Cities that get together every now and then to mess with the bikes. Three of us live in Davenport and the other guy lives across the Mississippi in Illinois.

Maybe we could do a 4 wheel meet & greet over the storage months and then get something planned for the spring?

2008 Pearl Yellow VTX-1300C with a touch of GREEN!!!!!!
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Well, Looks like there are a few of us. Hopefully we can figure something out this summer.

Just as a reminder to all. Every year in June they do a rally here in Sioux City called Awesome Biker Nights. It all kicks off Thursday night and goes through Saturday. Parade, Poker run, Bike show, 3 different stages with bands, Tons of vendors, food, and beer. You can google it and check out some stuff from years past. Its a really good time and I would recommend checking it out if you never have.

Default Here

DaveX and I are here in Altoona (just east of Des Moines), we know of a couple others in the Des Moines and Altoona area as well! We would love to get together with other riders in Iowa.

I'm in Des Moines. Got a couple of X's. Ride a lot around IA. Would be good to get together with some other riders. Probably need to keep a little conversation going through the Winter to see if we can maintain any interest.

2005 1300R, 2007 1800T2
    Viet Nam Veteran (Medical Corps and Engineering Corps)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger66 View Post
    Probably need to keep a little conversation going through the Winter to see if we can maintain any interest.

Hey Abbotdog, got that Neo put away for the winter yet?!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_1 View Post
    Hey Abbotdog, got that Neo put away for the winter yet?!
    Yes, I just dropped it off last week. Getting my pipes put on, my seat installed, and floorboards for the wife. I hated to store it so early but we have a 1 stall garage and the wife was thinking it was time for her vehicle to use the garage. ( her vehicle gets the garage in the winter, My bike gets it in the summer)

I am also thinking about putting that Cobra Powerpro on. Still on the fence about it though. Need some more information.

Hey, have you done the ground fix or the Desmog on your bike?

I haven't put mine away yet, dragging my feet this year... my brother bought the 1800C I had and he put his away about a month ago, and last I saw, Thanksgiving day is suppose to be sunny and 53, so I am going to ride it over just to rub it in! After that, I will probably get it put away. Your wife will appreciate the floorboards, I know my wife said it made a big difference for her. As far as the desmog and the ground fix, to be honest I have not done it, nor have I looked to see if previous ower did it. I will have to look, but, for the way it sounds, I am thinking that the desmog was done, it has a nice low rumble to it, and that is usually one of the benefits to the desmog. Did the ground fix on the C I had. Also, had a thought about the Iowa riders getting together, and mind you, just a thought. I know it may be a slim chance that this would work, but it would be so cool, if we could meet up this summer and ride out together to the Colorado ride, the Coloradical. Be a great ride together to an awesome event, and to show up as a group.

Oelwein here. Northeast Iowa
    2007 1800T Cobra slip ons, PC III

Des Moines rider here. I am thrilled that I was able to get over 100 miles in over the past 2 days. Would love to get with other riders this next year!

2007 VTX 1800T, Darkside, Mustang Seat, Woody's Fairing, Tsukayu Jumbo Strong Bags and Touring Trunk

Just South East of Sioux City. Wife and I ride as much as we can. Walkers in Salix on Thursday nights is a great place in the Spring and Summer for Meet and Greets!!! See ya in the Wind.......
    03 VTX 1300 S Traded...
    2013 F6B Deluxe Red/Black

Hey all, I'm located in Ely Is about 5 miles from Cedar Rapids. I'm new to the cruisers got a 1300R I bought in September. Love riding when ever possible put 25 miles on in January with my job that's pretty fair. Love riding with the wife or daughter. Looking forward to Maby getting together with other X owners.

I'm in Marion, so pretty much Cedar Rapids.

Well, we are almost into February boys... any more ideas? Last year I thought the Ledges down by Ames would have been a good place to meet, grill and get a chance to talk etc., then go ride. The other thing I thought of too, do we want to make this a 1 day event or 2?

Default NW Iowa

Hey, guys. I'm in LeMars, IA - just North of Sioux City. I'm new to the VTXOA. Bought my VTX last summer. Glad to see some others from Iowa on here!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2002 VTX1800 Retro

I think it would be very cool to get together and meet with some other X owners. Depending on when it is. I would atleast like one day. Do a weekend gtg.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_1 View Post
    Well, we are almost into February boys... any more ideas? Last year I thought the Ledges down by Ames would have been a good place to meet, grill and get a chance to talk etc., then go ride. The other thing I thought of too, do we want to make this a 1 day event or 2?
    Ledges is a good place if Spring/Summer flooding is not an issue. Past 2 Summers have not been good there. Not sure if the State has it cleaned up and road completely opened. Since I live in Des Moines, sometimes I do what I call the Reservoirs Ride. I do Saylorville & Big Creek then head south to Red Rock and back to DSM. There is a nice picnic and park area at Red Rock just below the spillway. Pella is a nice stop when at Red Rock. Also lots of picnic areas at Big Creek and Saylorville.

2005 1300R, 2007 1800T2
    Viet Nam Veteran (Medical Corps and Engineering Corps)

Looks like we are gathering momentum.

For myself, It would work any weekend (1 day or 2) I could travel on Friday and head back home on Sunday. Or Travel Saturday morning and come home on Sunday. Would like to figure something out. Should be a lot of fun. Im into riding and eating food, then parking the bike in the evening and having some beers. Decide on a time and place and let me know. I am in...

Ill try my best to make a gtg sometime, in summer its spraying season and im usually out spraying crops 6 days a week from dusk till dawn ill kep an eye on here.

Hello,

During the summer I am able to meet and ride most days. Weekends might be difficult as my daughter plays
    softball and soccer. I am located in Waukee, just west of Des Moines.
    Look forward to meeting other VTX riders and seeing their mods. I own a stock '02 1800S.

Im new to Urbandale, Iowa. Moved here last August when I got out of the Army. I have an 08 1800N with a few mods. Im up for riding alot.
    08" 1800 Neo. Woody's fairing with custom pin stripes, Kenwood Marine grade stereo and speakers, kuryakyn grips and ergo highway bar, Mutazu Hardbags w LED turn signals, V&H Bigshots, Mustang seat, drop in fork lowering kit. Next I'm looking to switch final drive w/ 1300.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Lock View Post
    Im new to Urbandale, Iowa. Moved here last August when I got out of the Army. I have an 08 1800N with a few mods. Im up for riding alot.
    Welcome to Iowa. Nice bike, I too have an 08 neo in fast black.

What kind of fairing do you have on yours? I am just about to order a Woody...

Welcome to the Iowa board. I get up there off and inn through out the year. But its always in the semi. Nice looking bike.

Default Welcome

Welcome Johnny_Lock! We live in Altoona (about 10 miles east of you). We have a 1300R and a Aero. We'll have to get together, we ride evenings and weekends.
    there is a swap meet at the fair grounds this weekend, last year we picked up a great set of luggage and some other items there, worth a stop to see what they have. Check out the MMR12 (Midwest Motorcycle Rally) in LaCrosse WI July 19 - 22nd 2012. This is their 5th year, and it proves to be a great time, lots of other VTX's, great planned rides and great people. We leave early Thursday am and meet riders from IL in Anamosa and ride up as a group you are more than welcome to join us on the trip up.

Davex and Iowa Rider.

Default Hello all!!

This is Ron in Cedar Rapids. I might be down for that MMR ride this year. The WIVO's are trying to rope me into a Dells ride too.

If none of you have heard of it...the ultimate VTX group even is the Coloradical over July 4th every year. Check it out here: http://www.coloradovtxrangeriders.com/

When you get to that page, look at Ride In July...
    2002 VTX1800C Illusion Blue, Memphis Shades Windscreen and lowers, Honda Line Backrest/rack, Progressive fork springs, K&N Air/Oil filters, Mobil 4T racing oil, Aeromach risers, Kuryakyn grips, highway pegs, swingarm pivot covers, license plate/turn signal assembly, and rear brake chrome kit, desmog, ground wire fix, fuel pickup mod, custom muffler mod like vtxexhaust.com, BadX seat mod, Darkside Michelin Hydroedge 205/65R16

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.