Jesse James Blacksmith - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesse James Blacksmith

Quote Originally Posted by blackflamevtx View Post
    Yeah and i bet he racks up the miles on his hardtail. Yeah the Angels love 30" wheels.
    Steve in Ct
    I would have to guess over 5k this year. His wife and him rode to Sturgis and back (her 1st time on her own bike) and all over the place.... they ride.
    I put 37,000 on my X when I had it, and it went most of those with very stiff, lowered shocks (almost like a hardtail.) out back and dragbars. I still walk upright with no problem and never needed a chiropractor.
    I love all bikes! Wait... let me clarify that.... I love all bikes that you can RIDE! Be it Cruisers, Sport bikes, Motocross, Touring, Rat, Bobbed, Chopped, Race, Antique, Jap, Euro, Metric and even the good ol American bikes..... I will never understand the allure of a trailer queen. Either building or admiring while discussing the latest trends in fashion over an overpriced cup of latté. Not my thing. Ride it! Ride the sh*t out of it!
    Best ride this year for me was going to the NMM in Ohio. Rode there in the pouring rain and had a blast of a weekend! That was heaven for me.... Motorcycles, and I'd bet that 99% are rideable there! Not at all the type for the armchair American Chopper aficionados. It was an adventure!
    That's my take on it... You can have yours.
    ~Tim
    ~GONE!~

118 cubic inch, bottle fed, tire smoke'n X. Faster than a speeding ticket!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I'm with you
    Steve in Ct
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mojoguy View Post
    I have no problem with whom he nails and when. I doubt anyone here is a Saint...

He comes across with a condescending arrogant attitude towards other ideas that differ from his. Not a quality I envy...My impression of him has nothing to do with his talents as a bike builder. An a$$hole is an a$$hole no matter what their occupation is.

Wait, isn't that the standard on THIS board.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...the sinners are much more fun" -Billy Joel
    Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...... and most fools do.- Ben Franklin
    2005 C - Nova Blue Metallic - "the coolest color"

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMaxMoe View Post
    Wait, isn't that the standard on THIS board.

You know, now that I read what I posted, that is a perfect discription of me...

1981 CR80R Elsinore
    1994 CR250R
    2007 VTX1800F1

LOL

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...the sinners are much more fun" -Billy Joel
    Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain...... and most fools do.- Ben Franklin
    2005 C - Nova Blue Metallic - "the coolest color"

I like this frame
    http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=211&pictureid=950

Quote Originally Posted by carolinavtx View Post
    I have read all of the other JJ bashing threads...... I find it funny how Sooo many people here are in love with someone like Jr T who in his entire career has 99% of the time built bikes that are not made to be rode and are only show pieces. Then you dump all over someone like JJ who has always been a hard core biker.....builds bikes that appeal to hard core bikers, just kinda funny how anyone who seems to be hardcore is dumped on here.... I guess there are a lot of upper crust suites and ties here on this forum.

Oh, and not that it matters but non of use have any idea what kind of person Sandra Bulluck really is....... we only know here Hollywood persona

JJ has always been the bad boy type...... and I guess that rubs all the suites here the wrong way.........

Now tighten up those ties, and let the flaming begin!!!!!!!!
    Bullspit!!! You cant say that just about everything JJ does is only a minor variation on the last 19 bikes he made. He has no imagination, because he has his pre-concieved notion of what a bike is and thats pretty much where it ends. Yes he can build a tank, and it looks almost the same as the last tank and the tank before that one. There's no hard core biker envy here, just plain facts. Jessie James is a one horse show.

What part of "shall not be infringed" dont you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Bullspit!!! You cant say that just about everything JJ does is only a minor variation on the last 19 bikes he made. He has no imagination, because he has his pre-concieved notion of what a bike is and thats pretty much where it ends. Yes he can build a tank, and it looks almost the same as the last tank and the tank before that one. There's no hard core biker envy here, just plain facts. Jessie James is a one horse show.

A few of the bikes Jesse has built

Last edited by Knight; 12-15-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Take anyone of the over that "Mustang" Airplane bike that Paul Jr. built on that built off show , everytime I see that bike I think of the song YMCA .

MS Batwing with Long Rider Shield , Slotted Flat Trim and Tri-Pouch ,V&H Big Shots,Mustang Seat,Ellpse Mirrors, Arlen Ness Billet Grips ,Cobra Drive Shaft Cover ,Kuryakyn Triple Whammy NC Highway Bars with Chilhowee Chaps,Glens A/F, NC QuckSet3 with Back Rest & Luggage Rack ,Kuryakyn Chrome Master Cyl Cover , Swing Arm Cover ,MS Big Shot ,All Ball Neck Bearings Progressive 11-1126 Fork Sprngs GPS ,444-4229C Shocks ,Glen Clutch Pull Relief,Saddleline Bags,Rivco Risers,K&N Filter

Jesse built this for his ex-wife....

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I like this frame

The bike or the rider? The bike frame does look a lot like several of his previous bikes. Jessie's bikes used to be cool, I liked the show he used to have with custom builds and riding them to the show. That was when it was great. Now he doesnt impress me, I could care less about what he does or who he does, I dont like his bikes. As far as JR's bikes, no they're not something I would put in my garage even if I had the money. But JR's imagination shows in his builds, and I think a lot of that is because he isnt a "hard core" biker. SR has lost his marbles so theres no discusion here. A real test would be to have a build off where these bikes were built to ride, and make them ride em like the old show was.
    Last edited by bigdaddy1; 12-15-2011 at 07:23 PM.

What part of "shall not be infringed" dont you understand?

The bike or the rider? The bike frame does look a lot like several of his previous bikes. Jessie's bikes used to be cool, I liked the show he used to have with custom builds and riding them to the show. That was when it was great. Now he doesnt impress me, I could care less about what he does or who he does, I dont like his bikes. As far as JR's bikes, no they're not something I would put in my garage even if I had the money. But JR's imagination shows in his builds, and I think a lot of that is because he isnt a "hard core" biker. SR has lost his marbles so theres no discusion here. A real test would be to have a build off where these bikes were built to ride, and make them ride em like the old show was.
    You dont need a show and TV stars to have a bike build off where it is a requirement that you have to ride the bike to the event........just a lot of beer

Check out these rules
    http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...&llr=ctzk9dfab

Some photos I took that weekend

Here is my take on it:

When American Chopper first aired. I loved to watch it. I tuned in to see the fabrication and customization that was being done. I could care less about the fighting and arguing, etc. As time wore on, the average american tuning in, wanted to see more of the fighting and the soap opera end of it. They were billed as bike builders and that is how they started out. The imagination of Paul Jr. brought the theme bike to the forefront. There may be two or three bikes that they ever built that I would actually want to own/ride but none of the others. Although the bikes are technically bikes, they are really rolling works of art that are supposed to be a representation of what the client wants. When I watch the show, I see lots of other bikes in the background in various stages of builds and I often wonder what those bikes are like. What has kept the show alive is the controversy and fighting and drama. Not really the builds. Clients now seek to have a bike built by OCC or PJD for the notoriety associated with it. They trailer them to events as a promotional thing. None of those bikes are ever intended to be riders, long distance or bar hopper. Now occasionaly you would see a bike being built for someone like a celebrity or a sports star. I think the amount of knowledge, skill and workmanship/craftsmanship is top notch at OCC, PJD and Jesse. Jesse seems more of a hands on oldschool type of builder. He works the metal and uses old machines and his hands and comes up with some very nice stuff. I think if the rules were specific, all three guys could have come up with bikes that were riders.

You have to remember that this is TV and the networks call the shots on a lot of what happens. The three builders want the air time and the money so they did what they did. If they all three showed up and shook hands and just built the machines throughout the shows without all the BS and drama, it would have been boring to the average viewer. They would rather see the fighting, arguing and the BS. I myself preferred the old build offs where guys built bikes and rode them to bike events where they were judged by riders of motorcycles. Guys like Billy Lane and Indian Larry. Build-offs where friendships, comradery and maybe a little friendly competition happened. I don't think anybody on this board has really spent time with any of the three in their lives and really knows them. We see and judge what happens on TV and in the media. In reality they may all three be idiots or jerks, or very nice down to earth people. Only the people very close to them in their daily lives really know. No matter what any of us thinks of any of them, they are all making money and laughing all the way to the bank.

I bet if Paul Sr. would have went to Rick and said "I want you to come up with a bike for the build off. You design it and call all the shots" it would have been a really cool bike that WAS a rider. Instead they built what they built (whatever the hell it was)...

I prefer many many bikes I have seen put together by everyday people on this board and others, over the hyped up stuff on TV. If the truth were known, there are probably a few father/son teams that build custom bikes and make some beautiful machines, they just are not on tv....

News flash....... Some of us actually like the style bikes JJ builds...... And he is right long after the fade of 30" ghetto wheels is gone, pure old school style choppers will still be cool to many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by PABL98 View Post
    Did anyone see the Show on the Discovery channel , J.J. Blacksmith , I think if you a fan or not of J.J after watching the show some of you may view him a little different , yes his mouth at times does turn some people off , but he is a hands on type guy , willing to aquire new skills . Check it out , I don't see it list on the cable guide , but I'm sure it will be on again , it I see it I will post the time .
    Anyone that miss this show and would like to see it .
    April 10th. 2 - 4 pm on Comcast History Channel

MS Batwing with Long Rider Shield , Slotted Flat Trim and Tri-Pouch ,V&H Big Shots,Mustang Seat,Ellpse Mirrors, Arlen Ness Billet Grips ,Cobra Drive Shaft Cover ,Kuryakyn Triple Whammy NC Highway Bars with Chilhowee Chaps,Glens A/F, NC QuckSet3 with Back Rest & Luggage Rack ,Kuryakyn Chrome Master Cyl Cover , Swing Arm Cover ,MS Big Shot ,All Ball Neck Bearings Progressive 11-1126 Fork Sprngs GPS ,444-4229C Shocks ,Glen Clutch Pull Relief,Saddleline Bags,Rivco Risers,K&N Filter

In the Heart Of Dixie in Montgomery, alabama, home of Hank williams and Nat King cole

Default Spot on Aardy....BULLSEYE!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    just goes to show you dont need character and morals to be a fine craftsman....
    Couldn't have said it better if i tried..JJ's all about JJ.I always thought that if somebodys secure in their own skin and know what they possess, they don't have to try so hard at trying to convince others what a bad boy they are. JJ is a Hollywood poser who'd get his ass handed to him if push came to shove Just a marketing 'brand' in my opinion!!!
    blurbn

Dixie Rose

Pittsburgh, Pa. U.S. Navy Retired (22yos), 99 Valkyrie I/S (02 VTX1800 - Sold 2011) )

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolf View Post
    I'd seen Jess James on that show where you but storage units. He must be desperate for cash.
    He was on Sons Of Guns as well.... but I wasn't impressed with him on that either. I believe I saw previews for a new show he is doing, in Texas (since he sold his West Coast Choppers and everything to get out of California and away from Hollywood... supposedly). I think his show is about him and a crew making custom hot rods. I don't think I'll be watching it.
    John

I just saw him on Sons of Guns and he said he sold everything in California, quit building bikes, and now builds cars in Austin Texas.
    2003 VTX 1800 C, 2008 HD Ultra Classic, S&W, Remmington, Ruger.
    John

Isnt it funny that JR customized a car 2 weeks before JJ's custom car show is to debut. This is all soap opera drama for motorcycle enthusiasts. Guilty pleasure if you will. Something to watch until the next season of SOA!
    2006 vtx1300r

Im here to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum........ and Im all out of bubble gum.

Jesse James new show "Outlaw Garage" debuts tonight at 10 on Discovery

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/jess...aw-garage.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Jesse James new show "Outlaw Garage" debuts tonight at 10 on Discovery

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/jess...aw-garage.html

Thanks.
    USN 1996-2000 STS3/SS

When he is going to appear on "Cheaters"..?

2002 1800 RETRO SPOKE ILLUSION BLUE, SOLD May 2014
    Bought 2011 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic June 2014

When he is going to appear on "Cheaters"..?
    I'm sure it will be listed in one of your favorite gossip tabloids if he does

Just watched the show.. I liked it.. Very cool build and allot of stuff done by hand..

I Am A Down and Out "CHROM WHORE"
    Keep it Up Strait

It's almost humorous how fast Long Beach Calif fell out of love with Jesse after he and his ( "Mighty Whitey LLC" ) abandoned them to move to Texas.

http://www.presstelegram.com/ci_19843562
    Last edited by Stanky Dawg; 04-11-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    "03" 1800 T
    I'm riding to the farthest side of yonder.

Call him what you want. But I can tell you this, If the crap hits the fan he is one of the people you would want in your circle of friends. How many members here have ever tried to get a dent out of a piece of metal and succeeded? Personally I don't think anyone who is in the camera's eye all the time could be a nice person. I would be in handcuffs for shooting the paparazzi. J.J. is one of the few people in a newer generation that understands what it means to take nothing and make it into something. Not to mention 80% of the time people wanting to know how to do something and wanting him to give them knowledge that took years to obtain. I would like to party with him. Also for his bikes not being riden I call foul J.J. and Kid Rock toured all over Mexico on 2 el diablo's and I am pretty sure their highways aren't as nice as ours to ride on. So Think of how many people it takes to pi$$ us off then think of how many people he encounters in a day. Main problem I see with him is He says outloud what most mumble under their breath.

Quote Originally Posted by wp120470 View Post
    Call him what you want. But I can tell you this, If the crap hits the fan he is one of the people you would want in your circle of friends. .

yes,very dependable...just ask Sandra Bullock.....

2002 1800 RETRO SPOKE ILLUSION BLUE, SOLD May 2014
    Bought 2011 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic June 2014

I'm not bad mouthing him.
    I actually got to hang out with him for a couple of hours at a benefit car and motorcycle show that he was at for the Riverside Calif juvenile detention center about a month before that he and Sandra split up and he is not like he is on T.V.
    There was no trash talk and he acted like a humble person. He talked to us like we had known him for years. I came away with very high respect for him.
    Of course, a lot of it got lost when I found out what he did to Sandy.

.Jesse James.jpg
    "03" 1800 T
    I'm riding to the farthest side of yonder.

yes,very dependable...just ask Sandra Bullock.....
    Well as for dependable I don't think J.J. is worried about what Sandra Bullock has to say. It was a Hollywood marriage. Most never last, it's just the way it is. I wouldn't stoop to a lesser persons level by prying into the mans private life. I have always admired his craftmanship. To be able to create things out of raw steel is amazing. I weld and do some fabricating and his talent will never be matched by the two cookie cutter twins from Montgomery.
    I watch their show but I wish they would drop the drama. I would rather hang out with Jesse than Paul Jr. or Senior anytime. At least you could expect to have a good time and not get a tour of a retail store. So we all list many things about someone who's life is in a spotlight but let he without sin cast the first stone.

Jesse James is Jesse James, nothing will change that.

As far as I am concerned, as evidenced by his appearance on several unrelated shows he's starving for attention and money. ( but then again so are some of those whose show he has appeared on )

Has he infected the " Food Channel " yet?

I'm sure that Charles Manson has some talent and at one time did some good in his life but he is still Charles Manson and will be know for what he is known for.

Jesse James will be known for what he is known for .... being a jerk!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.