Starting the New Year Off Right
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting the New Year Off Right

Exclamation Starting the New Year Off Right

I'm stuck in the Florida Keys and will miss RayRay's oyster roast, but will get home (hopefully) in time for a toddy before midnight tomorrow. The weather for New Years Day looks to be fairly sunny w/ a high of 69 or so. Maybe a good way to begin 2012 is to go for a ride. I thought Beaufort, Bluffton or Hilton Head for lunch might work.
    Anybody interested?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LowCountryRider View Post
    I'm stuck in the Florida Keys and will miss RayRay's oyster roast, but will get home (hopefully) in time for a toddy before midnight tomorrow. The weather for New Years Day looks to be fairly sunny w/ a high of 69 or so. Maybe a good way to begin 2012 is to go for a ride. I thought Beaufort, Bluffton or Hilton Head for lunch might work.
    Anybody interested?
    Good idea, Dave, count me in.
    Good to see you're using your head for something other than a hat rack

We'll decide on a meeting place depending on who else wants ride.
    2006 VTX 1300C

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Speargun41 View Post
    Good idea, Dave, count me in.
    Good to see you're using your head for something other than a hat rack

We'll decide on a meeting place depending on who else wants ride.
    I'm not scheduled out of the Keys until between 4:00 and 5:00 tomorrow afternoon. I have to fly my pax to Charleston, refuel, deadhead to Savannah and drive back home. If everything works out the way its supposed to I'll look for your meeting place suggestion when I can get near a computer terminal. If I don't respond right away, leave me a voicemail at 843.822.7850. Looking forward to riding again; this business of working is starting to get in the way of my fun.

I would love to join you on this ride but already have plans for the day. I will be out in Holly Hill helping my youngest son sight in and fire his new riffle. Hope you guys have a good and safe ride.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post
    I would love to join you on this ride but already have plans for the day. I will be out in Holly Hill helping my youngest son sight in and fire his new riffle. Hope you guys have a good and safe ride.
    Sounds like Santa was good to the young lad. What brand/caliber is it? I know this is a motorcycle forum so will you get a scabbard for your bike?

Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post
    Just point it in the opposite direction of Holly hill , I will be working new years day.

Quote Originally Posted by noangel2112 View Post
    Just point it in the opposite direction of Holly hill , I will be working new years day.
    Look here po po, I don't need no trouble here.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.

Sounds like Santa was good to the young lad. What brand/caliber is it? I know this is a motorcycle forum so will you get a scabbard for your bike?
    30-06 Remington model 770. Should take down a deer and bad guys roaming around Holy Hill.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold

I'm not scheduled out of the Keys until between 4:00 and 5:00 tomorrow afternoon. I have to fly my pax to Charleston, refuel, deadhead to Savannah and drive back home. If everything works out the way its supposed to I'll look for your meeting place suggestion when I can get near a computer terminal. If I don't respond right away, leave me a voicemail at 843.822.7850. Looking forward to riding again; this business of working is starting to get in the way of my fun.
    I guess it's only us so we can meet at the Denny's by the airport around 11:15. We've met there a couple times before. I left you a voice mail in case you don't see this.
    2006 VTX 1300C

Quote Originally Posted by noangel2112 View Post

Just to be on the safe side, wear your vest and leave the reindeer hat at home on Sunday
    2006 VTX 1300C

Exclamation

I guess it's only us so we can meet at the Denny's by the airport around 11:15. We've met there a couple times before. I left you a voice mail in case you don't see this.
    Got your voicemail after we touched down. See you a little after 1100.

Fantastic weather to start out the 2012 riding season. LCR, Raymo, and myself had a good lunch in Hilton Head this afternoon.

Glad we didn't have to ride to Fla to eat. After several attempts we finely found an open establishment. Being that it was New Years day, there were quite a few people out and about and being one of the few places open, I'm sure Hudson's cleaned up on the business. It was a great day for a trek like this. A lot of fun

Happy New Year!
    2006 VTX 1300C

Exclamation

Fantastic weather to start out the 2012 riding season. LCR, Raymo, and myself had a good lunch in Hilton Head this afternoon.

Glad we didn't have to ride to Fla to eat. After several attempts we finely found an open establishment. Being that it was New Years day, there were quite a few people out and about and being one of the few places open, I'm sure Hudson's cleaned up on the business. It was a great day for a trek like this. A lot of fun

Happy New Year!
    Best ride of the year!!! We kept playing leap-frog so many times I lost count. Speargun41 would be riding point with me in the rocking chair and RayMo riding sweeper. Then, all of a sudden, everything would change. I never quite knew what was happening next, but had a great time. The weather was close to 70 degrees, the sun was bright and I couldn't ask for a better couple of guys to spend the afternoon on two wheels with. Happy New Year everybody!

Bummed I missed a ride with the Charleston gang, I was out on the bike in the late afternoon around Bluffton. Glad you guys had a good ride, I'll try to catch you next time.
    I better start checking the board more on weekends...

Jeff

If you worried about falling off the bike, youd never get on.
    Lance Armstrong

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.