Honda VTX Forum banner

Anybody else park like this?

2K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  Chase1300 
#1 ·
Pulled into work this morning and saw a BMW parked in a spot. I skipped the empty spot next to him so he'd have room to get out. Not sure why he'd choose to park like this...may be a bit tricky when someone parks right next to him. Anyone else park like this?
. Motor vehicle Vehicle Parking Transport Mode of transport

See less See more
#3 ·
I think its careless to park that far up in a space, no matter how you do it...I very seldom park in a space, but if I do I park just in so Im noticed by the drive bys...and hopefully no body whips in....good luck to him..

That's my approach too. I leave my rear fender back far enough so that it's roughly in line with the back bumper on other cars. No need for a motorist to think he has found a spot, and then find out it's actually taken.

#6 ·
That's my approach too. I leave my rear fender back far enough so that it's roughly in line with the back bumper on other cars. No need for a motorist to think he has found a spot, and then find out it's actually taken.
:agree:

That guy deserves to have someone park right in front of him in the open spot and someone in a smart car park in the top end of that spot!

;)

#7 ·
I can see an old grandma.. pull in and hit the bike.. putting it on its side....

or just a small car Sharing the space....

Bad IDEA... my opinion.

I park slightly angled and the end of my bike is even with the rear of the cars....

#8 ·
Maybe he was sharing the spot with another vehicle known to him? I wouldn't personally do that, but it's all his spot 'cause he got there first so I can't imagine being a dick and parking him in. If he'd pulled all the way with a Smart car, would anyone be suggesting they'd park their bike in behind him just 'cause they'd fit? :mrgreen:

#9 ·
Open to speculation

Why the rider parked the way he did is anybody's guess, but in the rider's defense they have right to the entire spot and don't have an obligation to share it with another biker. Granted, the way they parked is inviting a cager to assume all the open space they allowed is an 'invite' to park there (possible blocking them in).

I always park backed in to my spot and if the spot is narrow where cars opening doors may hit my bike if I'm not in the middle, I park in the middle of the spot. I back the bike all the way back in so opening doors are not an issue and also so vehicles backing out next to the bike or pulling in have less chance of 'clipping' my bike during the turn-in or out of the adjoining spots.

At my work parking lot bikes share spots and park so they are staggard with the first rider back further than the next rider.

#12 ·
I back in 90% of the time.

#13 ·
Only in my personal reserved space at my townhouse, then I park my car in the space also. Usually I just park normal though and put my car in a visitors space.

That at is what I was thinking. It looks sort of like a residential parking lot. I have friends that live in townhouses/appartments that park this way so that they can park the in the same spot. Especially when the get a spot close to the enterance. It pretty much gives you a gaur entered spot every time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.