Rogue River
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue River

Default Rogue River

I'm moving to Rogue River,Or next week an would like to know if there are any VTXor Valk riders in the area.I have a Valk standard

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

There is a few VTX riders in the state and maybe even a few down south. I will be in Grant's Pass next weekend on a family trip but can meet up with you for a meal/beer if you would like.

wayne

There is a couple of us in Roseburg

Quote Originally Posted by bbqguy View Post
    There is a few VTX riders in the state and maybe even a few down south. I will be in Grant's Pass next weekend on a family trip but can meet up with you for a meal/beer if you would like.
    I will be moving the weekend of the 14th an will be pretty busy,don't think that will work.Possible on sunday the 15th

Quote Originally Posted by guilfoil View Post
    I will be moving the weekend of the 14th an will be pretty busy,don't think that will work.Possible on sunday the 15th

Stay in touch.
    Take care of business and getting settled in. I will be down in March and we can meet up then.
    If you want a good meal from a mexican food truck head to Wolf Creek. They have a tuck that makes some pretty good papoosa's, not really mexican more Salvadorian food. Then take lower wolf creek rd to galice hwy. It will eventually dump out into GP. Have a full tank of gas, once further back in the woods it can get a little sketchy due to the locals, but it is a nice ride.

wayne

Alot of nice rides down that way
    We ride that way alot.
    Been to Wolf Creek rally a few times.

Some great riding down that way. A group of us ride down that way the 1st weekend in August every year and stay at a place called Sparkplugs. It is a motorcycle only campground, south of Grants Pass on Hwy 199. Also a group from the California X riders come up that way every year and stay at the same campground. This year we are going to ride over from the Gold Beach area along the Rogue, and Illinois River to Sparkplugs campground.

wayne

Rogue River to Shady Cove and about 3 miles east of Shady Cove you turn left and it goes up over the mountain to Tiller and Days creek and to Canyonville, Pavement all the way, very good ride, lots of twisties. We have gone from Roseburg to Shady Cove that way and eat at Mex. joint there and back, or, up over the Mountain to Crater Lake and down 138. My wifes favorite ride.

What goes on at SparkPlugs, stays at Spark plugs.

Yea last year when we went down to Sparkplugs we took a couple days and road down to Happy Camp and zig zag across the mountains on all them paved forest service roads. We ended up coming out on 199 down on the California side. We had an excellent ride, lots of beautiful area up that way. This year we are planning on trying to go down to Reno on some of the forest service roads.
    Wayne hope things are getting better for you, I am going to try and do that Crater Lake ride area one of these days. Thanks for the heads up.

wayne

I didnt make it to sparkplugs last year.
    Shoulder is getting better, but my back is bothering me,, My mom has been in the Hosp. since New Years day and I have been up there every day and came home so I could get some rest, been sitting around for two weeks its hard on the back for me, Im not use to just sitting around. I am going to go down to the shop in a bit and see how it feels to pull the clutch in. Did it the first part of the week , but it hurt like hell, and wasnt easy to do. Getting a little snow now, but the first warm day,Im out of here, going for a ride, Im do

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    I didnt make it to sparkplugs last year.
    Shoulder is getting better, but my back is bothering me,, My mom has been in the Hosp. since New Years day and I have been up there every day and came home so I could get some rest, been sitting around for two weeks its hard on the back for me, Im not use to just sitting around. I am going to go down to the shop in a bit and see how it feels to pull the clutch in. Did it the first part of the week , but it hurt like hell, and wasnt easy to do. Getting a little snow now, but the first warm day,Im out of here, going for a ride, Im do
    Wayne hope everything gets better with you. I know your pain on your back. Dont over do it. Hope your mom is doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqguy View Post
    Stay in touch.
    Take care of business and getting settled in. I will be down in March and we can meet up then.
    If you want a good meal from a mexican food truck head to Wolf Creek. They have a tuck that makes some pretty good papoosa's, not really mexican more Salvadorian food. Then take lower wolf creek rd to galice hwy. It will eventually dump out into GP. Have a full tank of gas, once further back in the woods it can get a little sketchy due to the locals, but it is a nice ride.
    I made it I'm in Rogue River looking foward to meeting in march.Art

wayne

The river a little high?

I am from Grants Pass, have family there. I ride there every year-Really Nice Riding! There are a lot of Wingers riding Trikes in the Rogue Valley. I have not seen that many VTX's at the rallies in the area. Goldwinger's are sure a friendly group. Can't say much for the Rallies but the Roads offer some of the best riding. My favorite Local is the back roads between Grants Pass and Jacksonville. The Ride to Crater lake is Great! FYI Avoid the 1%'rs-really is not that hard to do and try not to run over the GW Trikes, they are everywhere, not so easy to avoid.

Cheers,
    SS
    Alpha Howlers: "Will To Power" . . . I Will, I Do, I Can Do. . .Hence: I Can Do. . .So I Did Do!
    WAKE-UP GRACY IT'S TIME TO GO SPLASH THE REO GRANDE BACK TO MEXICO! PARTY TIME AT CABO SAN LUCAS!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Short Shifter View Post
    I am from Grants Pass, have family there. I ride there every year-Really Nice Riding! There are a lot of Wingers riding Trikes in the Rogue Valley. I have not seen that many VTX's at the rallies in the area. Goldwinger's are sure a friendly group. Can't say much for the Rallies but the Roads offer some of the best riding. My favorite Local is the back roads between Grants Pass and Jacksonville. The Ride to Crater lake is Great! FYI Avoid the 1%'rs-really is not that hard to do and try not to run over the GW Trikes, they are everywhere, not so easy to avoid.

Cheers,
    SS
    I agree the riding here is good.I lived here for a year in 09 an had to move back up north to Oakridge but I plan on staying this time.As far as the 1% go they can't keep up with me on my valk.I have met some GW riders from GP but didn't have a chance to ride with them.I was riding with a group from Medford caller the rogue river riders.Art

Senior Member redneck*bus*driver's Avatar

Soon as this weather gets better we gotta meet up for a beer I will keep in touch.
    When the Devil knocks at your door ask Jesus to answer it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redneck*bus*driver View Post
    Soon as this weather gets better we gotta meet up for a beer I will keep in touch.
    Sounds good to me.Funny I was thinking of you yesterday an how we need to get together.Art

Default ride

Keep in touch would like to ride down there when weather gets better. I live in lebanon so not to far for nice day ride. John

Quote Originally Posted by mustangsally View Post
    Keep in touch would like to ride down there when weather gets better. I live in lebanon so not to far for nice day ride. John
    Almost 400 miles round trip far enough.I just moved here from Oakridge on highway 58 s.east of Eugene.

wayne

Was wondering if you were interested in comeing up to Sisters?

Dont know if you have been following this tread.

Sister Summer Solstice Run and Campout.

Let us know if you are interested in rideing up.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.