Poker Run 29 Jan
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poker Run 29 Jan

Default Poker Run 29 Jan

Anyone planning on riding the poker run on the 29th?

"Registration to start at 11am! Come out and show support for Zach! All funds raised to help support his medical expense. Zach is without medical insurance. As you know Zach has been under medical eye since he was bitten twice by a rattle snake. Help us provide relief to Zach and his family so they can focus more on getting Zach well without the stress of medical bills.
    More details to come! Pencil us in for Jan. 29 2012 and begin forwarding to your friends so we can rally for brave Zach!! This ride will be for bikers and cars!

Unfortunately, Zach’s family does not have insurance due to his parents’ occupation as subcontractors. The lack of insurance has put a financial hardship on the family as they have had to pay entirely out of pocket. Anti-venom averages about $10K per vial and Zach has accrued about half a million dollars worth of medical expenses to save his young life. The expenses are continuing to build; Zach has paralysis of his neck and face which has caused respiratory issues limiting his ability to breathe on his own, this may or may not be permanent. If permanent, Zach will never be able to breathe or speak on his own, his vision may also be affected due to lack of ability to control muscle movement. Mentally, Zach has not been affected, he understands what is going on and has been communication using his thumbs/hand motions.

This family desperately needs your support! If you are interested in making a donation to help Zach with the growing medical expenses here is how. You can make donations through First Federal Bank on behalf of Zach Szala. Ask the donation to be deposited directly into his parents (Anthony Szala is the father’s name and Elizabeth Szala is the mother) account for his medical expense. Last but not least, you can make a donation for Zach by sending any amount you wish to Shelby Davis 410 Clarine Dr Goosse Creek SC 29445 and I will collect the proceeds for Zach Szala and add them to the Poker Run Relief Fund. This will all be given to the Szala Family the day of the Poker Run! It is up to you. If you can not make the Poker Run and still would like to help you can do so either way given.

As a mother, I can only imagine having to go through such an ordeal which is why I feel so strongly for supporting this cause!

Please help to spread the word, every little bit helps!

Thanks on behalf of The Szala Family and myself!" - Quoted from the sponsoring FaceBook page!
    Last edited by etherbunny; 01-20-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    2004 1800C

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Cool

I'm not going to be able to do this one.

Quote Originally Posted by LowCountryRider View Post
    I'm not going to be able to do this one.
    Unfortunately, we all know that we can't always make them all... Hopefully another time though!
    2004 1800C

Are you talking about the one to benefit MUSC being held at Lowcountry HD? I was wanting to do this one. Great cause and not a bad cost. Will you be there?
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post
    Are you talking about the one to benefit MUSC being held at Lowcountry HD? I was wanting to do this one. Great cause and not a bad cost. Will you be there?
    You are CORRECT! Me and the wife will be going and I will have a neighbor as a passenger!

You going to make it?
    2004 1800C

Warren, I do not think we are talking about the same ride. I just checked the dates and the one I was thinking of is tomorrow at HD. I posted the link below if interested. The 29th I will be working and will not be able to make the ride you are talking about. I looked on a couple of my ride sites and could not find the one you are talking about. If you or anyone else wants to do the ride tomorrow, or just go for a ride let me know. The temps are suppose to be good and it looks like the rain will hold out.

http://www.q1045.com/event_portal/vi...vent_id=187873
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.