Moving from my 2004 VTX1300C to a 2006 VTX1800C
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moving from my 2004 VTX1300C to a 2006 VTX1800C

Default Moving from my 2004 VTX1300C to a 2006 VTX1800C

For a while I have been contemplating on upsizing from my 1300c to an 1800c but money has always been an issue, since my 1300 is still running like a new bike… and I just love her, from style to riding drivability. I’m 6.3ft with 215lbs. Well… that just happened! I’m always looking on adds to see if I can spot a good deal. October last year (2011) I snatch a 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 with 1700 miles for $2,200 cash… because it was liking oil all over the place, as soon as you turn the bike on. It so happens that the owner had in the garage for a few years and he filled the engine oil to the top. Result…. oil coming out off the air system and flying everywhere. Well, after dumping all the engine oil, cleaning the entire air system, replacing air filter, new oil filter and adding oil to specs, I sold the bike within 30 days for $4,500…. Not too shabby!!! Now I just found a 2006 VTX1800C with 7940 miles on it. Black w/ Flames – all stock – from a divorcee, … sitting in the garage for a couple of years (belonged to the ex). Front tires not only “bald” but with big cracks and totally dry… the rear tire not as “bald” but just as dry, battery gone, a little oxidation by the tank’s mouth, and plain dirty, but no rust. IN BAD NEED OF SOME TLC!!! Snatch it for $3,500… I’m happy!!! Bike is at my local Honda Shop right now… going for its 8k service, new brake pads, new tires (200 in rear), new V&H big shots, and new Kuryakyn Transformer Grips, Zombie Levers and Controls, Scythe Mirrors, Zombie Break and Foot Pegs. I can’t wait to get my hands (or my behind) on this bike. I really would like to add the 6 or 8 degrees triple trees with 3” extension on the forks but read that the bike’s drivability goes south, big time! It looks great though! But also read it’s not only those two pieces; one must change the front wheel, break lines, cables, front head light, etc. True? Any inputs on it? BTW, the 1300c is up for sale... make an offer! .
    Last edited by W.Divemaster; 01-20-2012 at 02:16 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Yu definitelly is a lucky guy !
    2005 Black 1300 ( used to be a Silver R model )

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.