Motorcycle Show in Charlotte Feb 24-26
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Motorcycle Show in Charlotte Feb 24-26

Default Motorcycle Show in Charlotte Feb 24-26

The motorcycle show in Charlotte this year is Feb 24-26 (Fri-Sun). I have been to a couple and they are a good place to see some of the new bikes and products that are out for the new year. I would like to try and make this one, if the weather is good it will make for a good ride. Anyone interested? And yes I already know LCR, it is too early to tell for you.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Cool

Yes, it is a little early, but I'd sure like to do it.

Weather permitting, I am heading up Saturday on the bike around 11AM. Anyone want to join me?
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

Would if I Could but I can't

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post
    Weather permitting, I am heading up Saturday on the bike around 11AM. Anyone want to join me?
    Baring anything really unusual, I'm in. Just checked the long-range weather; Saturday is supposed to be sunny, high of 65. Should be a great ride! If we take the Super Slab, ride time would be about 3 hours. That ought to put us into Charlotte around 1400, not counting fuel/food stops. Back roads would, of course, take longer. Do you think this would give us enough time to see everything we want to look at and still get home at a reasonable hour? I don't know how big this show is and how long it would take to see the whole floor. I'm wondering if it makes sense to leave earlier (maybe 0800), arrive there between 1100-1200, do the show and head home around 1600. If it's a really large show, maybe we ought to consider staying overnight. What does everyone think?

Sounds like a fun ride but I doubt if I will be able to make it. Take some pics. and have fun
    2006 VTX 1300C

Dont think I can make it this time, but have a safe ride
    2005 1300S, Memphis Shades Windshield, Cobra Highway Bar, Ultimate Big Boy Seat, Cobra Backrest, WM Driving Lights, Jafrum Leather Like Saddlebags, Pair Valve Mod.

Cool Charlotte show

The weather turned out not to be as good as forecast. The sun was out but the temperature plummeted southward and it got colder as we headed northward. There were supposed to be four bikes headed up yesterday, but I decided to drive rather than ride. RayRay was afraid that, at my advanced age, I'd probably fall asleep at the wheel, get lost or wet my Depends along the way. At any rate, he sacrificed a chance to ride in the cold for seven hours just to accompany me in the heated, suround-sounded, leather seated, luxury Lexus. Now, that's a true friend! The other two guys rode and managed just fine although one of them had his heated grips turned up to "Toast." They also left the show before I would have wanted to go so they could get home before dark. Wimps.
    All in all, I'm glad I went, but I really wasn't all that impressed. Harley and the Big Three Japanese bikes were there as were a lot of smaller vendors but I thought there was a lot missing too. I was especially interested in looking at a GPS for my bike and was surprised neither Garmin nor Tom Tom were there. Also, there wasn't a single exhaust vendor; no Vance & Hines, Bubs, Hotshot, no one. Additionally, I didn't see any of the custom headlight guys although there were several folks showing taillight and under-bike treatments. No Stiebel horn folks -- just a lot of companies missing that I thought would have been there. I wonder if Charlotte is just considered to be too small a show for these folks; maybe the NY, Chicago or LA shows would be larger. Also missing f/ past shows were the publications; no Cycle World, Rider, or Touring magazine. There were a couple of small, regional publications I'd never heard of but not much of the press was represented.
    So, I think I'll put the Charlotte show in the same category as Daytona's Bike Weeks; I'm glad I went but I'm not in any real hurry to go back.

Thanks for the write up Dave. I had gone to one of the shows in Cleveland a couple years ago and noticed some of the same things. They had a good turn out from the big vendors but the little guys who sell the specialty items were sparse. It seems if you're looking for the little things to fix up your ride you're going to have to scour the net.

You can get any old GPS to work on your bike. The forum has a lot of info on what other people are using and how its working out for them. When you find one, you have friends to help you get plugged in
    2006 VTX 1300C

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.