Ride today
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Ride today

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Trussville Alabama
    Posts
    678

    Default Ride today

    What a great ride today with a bunch of friends that haven't ridden together in a while! We had 3 VTX1800 orange retros, 2 black Valkyries, and 2 beautiful Pearl White Goldwings. Gerbings heated gear sure makes cold days much easier to deal with. Wish I had pictures, but left the camera home, sorry.

    Later
    Ben

  2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    On The Road
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    Just got home myself, Yall don't know good it made me feel to see and ride with the old bunch again.
    speaking of old, tea and diet coke at the mexican place

    I guess Hank was right.
    Don
    On the road again
    VTXOADS/VRCCDS#0034

  4. #3
    Senior Member hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    169

    Default Who''s Hank? Great ride Lets do it again soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by D-Mac View Post
    Just got home myself, Yall don't know good it made me feel to see and ride with the old bunch again.
    speaking of old, tea and diet coke at the mexican place

    I guess Hank was right.
    Runnin On The Darkside!

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Burlington ON Canada
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Great bike lineup!
    Just for discussion, how do you think the Valks compare to the VTX 1800's???


    VTX 1800R Custom, QQ drop bags/fender, HD Street Glide fairing, 8 speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, Kenwood deck, 4 pc Ultimate seats, so much chrome it hurts....


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Valley Head Alabama
    Posts
    208

    Default Sweet tea!

    I can not believe the old crew was together on bikes and only drank sweet tea! I had a blast thanks to who ever got that ride together. I needed that!

    Take care

    Keith

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    On The Road
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hare View Post
    you know hank

    the one with the pig in the ground and the beer on ice........

    that Hank.
    Don
    On the road again
    VTXOADS/VRCCDS#0034

  8. #7
    Senior Member hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    169

    Default Oh, that Hank.

    Quote Originally Posted by D-Mac View Post
    you know hank

    the one with the pig in the ground and the beer on ice........

    that Hank.
    Runnin On The Darkside!

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ft. Payne
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Hey Hare, Its Hank Williams Jr. And I too had a blast, it was greatto see the old bunch back together again. What a great line up of bikes and tallants. Will try to have a ride next month

  10. #9
    Senior Member hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    169

    Default Oh, thought it mite be Hank Aaron

    Quote Originally Posted by 1st Born View Post
    Hey Hare, Its Hank Williams Jr. And I too had a blast, it was greatto see the old bunch back together again. What a great line up of bikes and tallants. Will try to have a ride next month
    Runnin On The Darkside!

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Weaver, AL
    Posts
    679

    Default

    I was thinking about taking that white Goldwing up to the North Ga mountains this weekend (until I looked at the weather forecast). If the forecast improves, I'm headed out early. As always you are welcome to join me.

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    On The Road
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    I was thinking about taking that white Goldwing up to the North Ga mountains this weekend (until I looked at the weather forecast). If the forecast improves, I'm headed out early. As always you are welcome to join me.
    details details

    we need to make some plans for st.paddys day. I think har knows of a irish pub up around franklin???? maybe rent a cabin on the river near by. bring the women

    yall drink, i'll drive.

    Wild Bill was asking about you today Dave.
    Don
    On the road again
    VTXOADS/VRCCDS#0034

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Weaver, AL
    Posts
    679

    Default

    I'm not going to bother with details until closer to the weekend when I can see how the weather goes.

    Check your PM.

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Weaver, AL
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Tell Bill I said Hello. Bring the women to a cabin for the weekend??

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    On The Road
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    I'm not going to bother with details until closer to the weekend when I can see how the weather goes.

    Check your PM.
    didn't get a PM???????
    Don
    On the road again
    VTXOADS/VRCCDS#0034

  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Weaver, AL
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Forgot the hyphen, check it again. Some other Dmac may show up as well.

  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    On The Road
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    Forgot the hyphen, check it again. Some other Dmac may show up as well.
    HA HA thats funny right thar.

    Got the PM sounds good.
    Don
    On the road again
    VTXOADS/VRCCDS#0034

  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ft. Payne
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Hmm? A St. Paddy's ride, jst might have to break te green tennies out

  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ft. Payne
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wngd View Post
    Great bike lineup!
    Just for discussion, how do you think the Valks compare to the VTX 1800's???
    Depends on what your trying to compare.

  20. #19
    Senior Member hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D-Mac View Post
    details details

    we need to make some plans for st.paddys day. I think har knows of a irish pub up around franklin???? maybe rent a cabin on the river near by. bring the women

    yall drink, i'll drive.

    Wild Bill was asking about you today Dave.
    I like it! A Leprechaun ride!
    Runnin On The Darkside!

  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Glad yall had a great ride if you ever down past montgomery send us an message or email..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •