Are the MCV-100A & MCH-100A hondaline windshields the sa
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are the MCV-100A & MCH-100A hondaline windshields the sa

Default Are the MCV-100A & MCH-100A hondaline windshields the sa

Hi,

Is there anyone who can tell me that the RETRO 08R80-MCV-100A and 1800C 08R80-MCH-100A Hondaline windshields the same?

I have a secondhand Retro MCV on offer from the States, but I do not know that it will fit my 1800C European model or not.

It is very important, as Honda enforces massive price discrimination b/w the States and Europe. (e.g. base price my 1800C is $20.500 and a hondaline windshield is $1200) so it soes make sense to ship it from the states let alone it is second hand....

Awaiting for your kind answers...

Cheers,

Laszlo
    Cheers,

Laszlo
    2002 VTX 1800C

The windblow on a VTX clears bad thoughts of your mind that's why you don't have any...

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Can't answer your question about the parts number, but the price discrimination is probably based on European import tariffs, not Honda price gouging. I'm led to believe that because when I lived in Australia, the prices on motorbikes and accessories were very comparable to US prices (after conversion of course) and I would think that if the UK was being gouged by Honda that Australia would be too but Australia has a very small import tarriff on those goods.

JMHO
    RobDogg

"No Child Should Live In Fear"
    link--> B.A.C.A - Bikers Against Child Abuse

'03 1800C - Customized by me, for me, the way I want it.

Default windshield numbers.....08R80-MCH-800...in Europe

To make things more strange the European Honda websites state that Hondaline windshield's number is ..... 08R80-MCH-800, however the picture of the windshield is absolutely the same....

http://www.honda.at/mc/15095_9169_acs.p ... anguage=at

Different taxes can be the root cause of the problem, I can belive that...
    We have 10 custom tax and 25% VAT on things.......

Anyway , I wish I would live there.... Life would be so much easier....

Cheers,

Laszlo
    2002 VTX 1800C
    Cheers,

Laszlo
    2002 VTX 1800C

The windblow on a VTX clears bad thoughts of your mind that's why you don't have any...

10 taxes? !$@#$!#%#
    Brock aka j1mmyj4m
    Black '03 1800C w/ other stuff.
    Red/Silver/Black '01 GSXR 750 (Gone )

I have not seen the difference in person, but I had a similar question and a Honda Dealer told me the windshield itself was the same put the hardware was different. They wont' sell just the hardward either.

Brent
    02 1800c /PCIII / VH BigShots w/ BCT Monsters / Desmog / Bosch 4419's / Metz 200 / Cobra tach

Default How do you make payments?

Well it is still a good deal even if I have to make some custom mounting pieces to have a shield for 300 bucks instead of 1200....

Could anyone tell me, what is the accepted way of making payments to someone far away and you cannot meet in person......
    Cheers,

Laszlo
    2002 VTX 1800C

Lazlo, you might be able to use Paypal www.paypal.com or that might take too long to get established. You can also use Western Union to wire the money. I have received money for Ebay purchases that way and it's acceptable. Whoever sold you the windshield can also advise you of an acceptable form of payment.

'02 1800 VTX "C" Cobra Angled Slash Cuts, Cobra Driver Floor Boards, X-Hinge, LeatherLyke Bags, Big Boy Ultimates w/Backrests, Hyperchager , Auto Meter Tach, MCC Electronic Cruise Control

A word of caution however, if using Western Union. Western Union is a favorite way for scammers to get your money without actually sending you anything. W.U. offers very little in the way of consumer protection. If you use a credit card through Paypal, you will at least have the protection your credit card company offers. Of course, if you personally know the seller of the windshield, you shouldn't have a problem. Another suggestion.. perhaps a kind member of this board who lives in the same city as the windshield seller can verify that the guy and his windshield actually exist. Just a thought.
    ...AllanB
    "When you come to a fork in the road - Take It"

It is a good thought though...., but he is selling it in here in the 1800 Classifieds, so I would expect him to be real....

Do you think I should still be cautious?
    Cheers,

Laszlo
    2002 VTX 1800C

There is one on ebay now - ending today...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.