Don't be haten but...
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't be haten but...

Default Don't be haten but...

I just broke down and bought a Harley. I know I know. What can I say, the price was right and I like the ride. It is a 2001 Roadglide Screaming Eagle with lots of goodies. I will still keep one of my X's, but one must go. Just not sure which one, I may put them both up for sale and let the public decide for me. Depending which one leaves the heard, I may have some goodies to sell at a good price for you guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Nice looking bike

Looks good hope you enjoy it. I am not a Harley basher they are not for me at this point. Who knows? I will still ride with you.

2003R..................... Darkside Rebel and Proud of it. 100,000 Mile Club
    Home made doolies, Crash Bar, Light Bar, Harley Bags, Reckless Batwing,
    Kuryakyn Hypercharger, Highway Pegs, Corbin Tourer Seat, to name
    some of the many mods. Leo

Quote Originally Posted by motorcyclereb View Post
    Looks good hope you enjoy it. I am not a Harley basher they are not for me at this point. Who knows? I will still ride with you.
    Thanks Leo, I look forward to riding with you again. Maybe we can get together at this years MB rally.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post
    I just broke down and bought a Harley. I know I know. What can I say, the price was right and I like the ride. It is a 2001 Roadglide Screaming Eagle with lots of goodies. I will still keep one of my X's, but one must go. Just not sure which one, I may put them both up for sale and let the public decide for me. Depending which one leaves the heard, I may have some goodies to sell at a good price for you guys.
    Good looking bike, Ray! Keep me in mind if you start parting out the 1300.

Sharp lookin bike. I like the color.

Old Ride: 2006 VTX1300C
    Current Ride: 2011 Yamaha Stryker

New Motorcycle Brand

At a press conference late Monday, the CEO of Johnson Marine, makers of Johnson outboard marine engines and other recreational equipment, unveiled a new line of heavyweight cruiser style motorcycles designed to compete head to head with industry leader Harley-Davidson.
    Peter Long, Johnson brands marketing manager said, "We have studied the market and determined that Harley, while highly successful, has narrowly missed the mark when targeting motorcycle buyers". Long added, "We at Johnson are convinced that our product hits the target dead center and promises to draw sales away from Harley-Davidson in a way no other motorcycle has been able to accomplish".
    The new line of bikes, marketed under the name Big Johnson Motorcycles, will, according to Long, deliver what Harley has only promised. "Our research shows that this, a Big Johnson, is what Harley buyers are really after".
    At the unveiling of the new line Monday, several current Harley owners agreed. "When I bought my Harley, what I really needed was a Big Johnson," said one Harley owner." But I see now that riding a Harley is no replacement for having a Big Johnson."
    Manager Long also said that his company would follow the lead of Harley-Davidson and cash in on a huge market for non-motorcycle related products. "We realize that not every guy can have a Big Johnson," said Long, "But image is very important to people. If they don't have a Big Johnson, they at least want to project the image of having one."
    Asked if he anticipated Big Johnsons showing up in the hands of Harley owners, Long said it was unlikely. "I just don't see the need to have a Harley if you have a Big Johnson," he said. "And I can't imagine someone who spends all their resources to acquire a Harley having a Big Johnson. I think it boils down to this - You either have a Harley, or you have a Big Johnson, but you are not likely to have both." "Given the choice," said Long, "I think most guys will opt for the Big Johnson."
    Another force driving sales for the company will come from women. A survey of the wives and girlfriends of nearly 1,000 potential motorcycle buyers indicates less than 5% would approve of their partner spending $15,000 on a Harley Davidson. But, when asked if they would be willing to pay the same amount of money to get their partner a Big Johnson, nearly 4 out 5 thought that would be money well spent.
    One female present at the product unveiling was quoted as saying, "There is no way I will let Lonnie drop 15 grand on another one of those Harleys, but 15 grand to get him a Big Johnson? Well, that's something we could both enjoy, and it's something he really needs."
    Carla Roundheel, manager of the dealership network now being established, said her motto is simple. "I service what we sell." Big Johnson Motorcycles will be traded on the New York stock exchange under the abbreviation PNSNV. I'm Just Sayin....

Quote Originally Posted by Eburg View Post
    New Motorcycle Brand

At a press conference late Monday, the CEO of Johnson Marine, makers of Johnson outboard marine engines and other recreational equipment, unveiled a new line of heavyweight cruiser style motorcycles designed to compete head to head with industry leader Harley-Davidson.
    Peter Long, Johnson brands marketing manager said, "We have studied the market and determined that Harley, while highly successful, has narrowly missed the mark when targeting motorcycle buyers". Long added, "We at Johnson are convinced that our product hits the target dead center and promises to draw sales away from Harley-Davidson in a way no other motorcycle has been able to accomplish".
    The new line of bikes, marketed under the name Big Johnson Motorcycles, will, according to Long, deliver what Harley has only promised. "Our research shows that this, a Big Johnson, is what Harley buyers are really after".
    At the unveiling of the new line Monday, several current Harley owners agreed. "When I bought my Harley, what I really needed was a Big Johnson," said one Harley owner." But I see now that riding a Harley is no replacement for having a Big Johnson."
    Manager Long also said that his company would follow the lead of Harley-Davidson and cash in on a huge market for non-motorcycle related products. "We realize that not every guy can have a Big Johnson," said Long, "But image is very important to people. If they don't have a Big Johnson, they at least want to project the image of having one."
    Asked if he anticipated Big Johnsons showing up in the hands of Harley owners, Long said it was unlikely. "I just don't see the need to have a Harley if you have a Big Johnson," he said. "And I can't imagine someone who spends all their resources to acquire a Harley having a Big Johnson. I think it boils down to this - You either have a Harley, or you have a Big Johnson, but you are not likely to have both." "Given the choice," said Long, "I think most guys will opt for the Big Johnson."
    Another force driving sales for the company will come from women. A survey of the wives and girlfriends of nearly 1,000 potential motorcycle buyers indicates less than 5% would approve of their partner spending $15,000 on a Harley Davidson. But, when asked if they would be willing to pay the same amount of money to get their partner a Big Johnson, nearly 4 out 5 thought that would be money well spent.
    One female present at the product unveiling was quoted as saying, "There is no way I will let Lonnie drop 15 grand on another one of those Harleys, but 15 grand to get him a Big Johnson? Well, that's something we could both enjoy, and it's something he really needs."
    Carla Roundheel, manager of the dealership network now being established, said her motto is simple. "I service what we sell." Big Johnson Motorcycles will be traded on the New York stock exchange under the abbreviation PNSNV. I'm Just Sayin....
    When I ride all my bikes they have a BIG Johnson on them.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold

Nice bike, hope you enjoy it.

That's a sharp looking bike, Ray!

It's always exciting news when somebody gets a new bike. Looking forward to riding with you and it this year.
    2006 VTX 1300C

Eh, a bike is a bike. It's always nice to have more than one. Life is short - get what you want, anytime you can !

BTW - nice bike

Sweet ride Teach! I like the Road glides too and waiting for that deal too. Love that color!
    2003 VTX 1800R, 1999 Valkyrie Interstate, 1998 Valkyrie Standard

Thanks for all the compliments, I will most likely keep one of the X's for when the Harley goes down for maintenance (liquid cooled= less maintenace Vs. air cooled), and I enjoy the X's too much to let both go. But I will admit, that Roadglide rides smooth.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold

Nice looking bike, also looks like alot of chrome to keep polished.

Thanks for all the compliments, I will most likely keep one of the X's for when the Harley goes down for maintenance (liquid cooled= less maintenace Vs. air cooled), and I enjoy the X's too much to let both go. But I will admit, that Roadglide rides smooth.
    Hey Teach, Dunno about liquid vs air. I know what ur saying but just think- no coolant to check, radiator, thermostat, hose, water pump to go out..plus no valve adjustments! Gonna be a big loss off power, but if you keep ur 1800, you'll have the best of both worlds!

In the Heart Of Dixie in Montgomery, alabama, home of Hank williams and Nat King cole

Default Be a Brother and just give me the 18oo...I'm rideless these days and that would.....

put a smile on my face. also, don't apologize fore getting another stallion in your herd, even if it is a H.D...2 wheels still move the soul. congrats!!!
    Blurbn

Dixie Rose

Quote Originally Posted by B-ME View Post
    Nice looking bike, also looks like alot of chrome to keep polished.
    And that is why I have friends like you, . I still have your oyster knives.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorse110ci View Post
    Hey Teach, Dunno about liquid vs air. I know what ur saying but just think- no coolant to check, radiator, thermostat, hose, water pump to go out..plus no valve adjustments! Gonna be a big loss off power, but if you keep ur 1800, you'll have the best of both worlds!
    True about the added components but when it gets 100+ degrees out I am thinking those items may help when I am straddled over an engine. Not sure about valve adjustments, the owners manual shows valve check/adjustment as part of the maintenance but it also says it has hydraulic lifters.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by BLURBN27 View Post
    put a smile on my face. also, don't apologize fore getting another stallion in your herd, even if it is a H.D...2 wheels still move the soul. congrats!!!
    Blurbn
    Right now I am giving all I got and then some to my kids who seem to keep asking for more. The 1800 is the one that I am leaning towards keeping, I love the paint I have on it. And the power/speed she has is unreal. That is a sweet ride in your pic, what happened to her?
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold

True about the added components but when it gets 100+ degrees out I am thinking those items may help when I am straddled over an engine. Not sure about valve adjustments, the owners manual shows valve check/adjustment as part of the maintenance but it also says it has hydraulic lifters.
    Well you got a point about the heat, but it can't be that bad with a zillion harleys out there and the majority survive. My son bought a new Streetglide and said his rear cylinder will shut down if it gets too hot. I heard the twin cams have self adjusting valves & hydraulic lifters, could be the later models. Not to scare you, but a mechanic friend of mine said he has alot of work to do around bike week when the HD's engine fry...and he's an HD fanatic! Good luck and ride safe!!

Smile hello from hell

hahah and I remember went I got my Goldwing...... dont warry I still ride with you if I can find you
    have fun and remember is not the ride is the company that make u look good....

Quote Originally Posted by hrca0434sc View Post
    hahah and I remember went I got my Goldwing...... dont warry I still ride with you if I can find you
    have fun and remember is not the ride is the company that make u look good....
    Well no wonder why you always want me to ride with you, you want to look good.
    Welcome back Hector, we missed ya! Look forward to riding with ya again.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold

Did it come with a trailer>?

http://www.ilads.org/ http://www.lymedisease.org/home.html
    Power corrupts and ultimate power corrupts ultimately. Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 of the United States Constitution "The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.