I hate to say it but!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I hate to say it but!

Default I hate to say it but!

I am tossing around the idea of selling my bike,because i have come to realize i can't enjoy it any more and am tired of looking at it sitting in the garage! So if any of you know anybody looking that is willing to make a serious offer send them my way! Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Nooo, say it ain't so! You will be kickin' yourself in the azz if you do.

06 Tangelo Pearl 1300C ( Fastest Color)/ 00 Vulcan Nomad 1500 in super slow Black
    http://www.bdscycles.com/

What?
    Expound.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Acer A500 that my wife is temporarily letting me have back.
    2005 VTX1300C Roadburner Double Eagles ,
    Batwing, BadX double decker 1800C seat and lots of chrome. Riding DS Yokohama Avid S 205/70-15 with Dynabeads......Smooth Ridin
    ' VTXOA Inmate#37626
    2012 Victory Vision- Fits the Wife's butt just right! Plus a few others. I need to clean out

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy-E View Post
    Nooo, say it ain't so! You will be kickin' yourself in the azz if you do.
    Your are most likley right!! But i am still having alot of neck and shoulder pain that the doctors say i will most likely have to live with!Ridding and muscle relaxers really don't mix very well,So i am giving it some thought but i am not willing to give it away!!

Quote Originally Posted by latj View Post
    Your are most likley right!! But i am still having alot of neck and shoulder pain that the doctors say i will most likely have to live with!Ridding and muscle relaxers really don't mix very well,So i am giving it some thought but i am not willing to give it away!!
    I can relate, I've been living in pain for so long I'm use to it. My four wheeler crash really tore me up.
    To be honest, I was thinking the same the other day. Mine has been sitting for awhile, due to health issues. Going to doc tomorrow, and hope there's a fix to how I've been feeling. Gonna hang on to them for a while and see what happens. Been so dizzy for 4 1/2 weeks now and every sound buzzes through my ears and makes me dizzy. No way I feel safe or comfortable riding like this.

06 Tangelo Pearl 1300C ( Fastest Color)/ 00 Vulcan Nomad 1500 in super slow Black
    http://www.bdscycles.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy-E View Post
    I can relate, I've been living in pain for so long I'm use to it. My four wheeler crash really tore me up.
    To be honest, I was thinking the same the other day. Mine has been sitting for awhile, due to health issues. Going to doc tomorrow, and hope there's a fix to how I've been feeling. Gonna hang on to them for a while and see what happens. Been so dizzy for 4 1/2 weeks now and every sound buzzes through my ears and makes me dizzy. No way I feel safe or comfortable riding like this.
    Hopefully some where in the future i will be able to ride and enjoy it!! Good luck with the doc tomorow, let us know the outcome!!

Larry:

I understand how you feel. You know that I have been feeling the same way
    and made a genuine effort to sell my bike last fall. I had some "bites" but I
    think I may have been priced a little high. I have not been on my bike since
    the holidays. I hate not riding but s&%t always comes up and I have so much
    to do on my property that the bike takes a "back seat" to everything else. I may
    drop the price on my bike and give it another shot at the end of March. When I
    semi-retire in three years, I may scoop up another bike just to play on. I will have
    more time to ride then. I think about Easy and how lucky he was to survive and
    I know that as I push 60 years old, it will take this old man a long time to heal if
    I have an accident. I love my bike and I love to ride. I probably should sell her,
    but I know I will miss riding when I no longer have a bike. Funny thing is, my wife
    constantly tells me to keep it and just ride when I can. I have a very special lady
    for a wife. She wants new floors. I may sell the bike, let her have new floors in the
    house and buy another bike later. Good luck on whatever you guys choose to do.

Joe
    Where is our fearless leader? ?

Joe my wife tells me the same thing,that i will be sorry after it's gone! But i would get over it!!

If I sell mine, it will not be my last bike, unless I decide that I wanna give it up
    and not ride anymore. She would not object to me buying another, when I had
    more opportunity to ride it.

Joe
    Where is our fearless leader? ?

FLOOD LANDS OF THE SOUTH New Orleans, Louisiana

Exclamation

Sorry to hear this Larry

BUT LET ME
    BE TO ONE TO SAY I REGRETTED SELLING MINE AND NOW HAD TO BUY AND BUILD ANOTER ONE.
    keep it!!!! At least it is there wen you want to ride if
    You feel Up to it.

Trust me I missed my old bike way too much.
    I made that mistake.
    Your bike is awesome and you have a lot of time into it.
    I wouldn't sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by TASSY5 View Post
    Sorry to hear this Larry

BUT LET ME
    BE TO ONE TO SAY I REGRETTED SELLING MINE AND NOW HAD TO BUY AND BUILD ANOTER ONE.
    You feel Up to it.

I made that mistake.
    I wouldn't sell it.
    I second that!!
    2002 1800Reliable BlackX
    2003 1800 spoked240 RACINX (Sold)
    2002 1800C silver/maroon flames (sold)
    RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

BUT LET ME
    You feel Up to it.

I made that mistake.
    I wouldn't sell it.

[QUOTE=VTXChad;3440390]I second that!!

I third that. We talked about selling Daryl's Bike a few times. Each time his eyes start giving him problems, but I just keep telling him he will know when he can't ride anymore and them the bikes will go and not until then.[/QUOT

Quote Originally Posted by latj View Post
    I am tossing around the idea of selling my bike,because i have come to realize i can't enjoy it any more and am tired of looking at it sitting in the garage! So if any of you know anybody looking that is willing to make a serious offer send them my way! Thanks!!
    Can't say we didn't talk about this happening.... Do what's best for you and her (just letting her sit there isn't good for either of you!) and if that means finding her a new daddy...well, it's tough. I know it was for me and to be honest, there are days when even riding the Wing for a few hours takes days to recover from. Hang in there bro...use the heating pad more, relaxers less...(I'm down to one or two a month - except during cold fronts!).

Good luck - and feel free to send me the specs and/or a flyer - have plenty of folks stopping in the store looking for good bikes all the time.

Jim

Just an angel with no halo and one Wing in the fire....
    (Yeah, couldn't keep the Wing Stock either!!)

X-less, My lil' Pepe has a new daddy now....

Default Don't Sell.

Between my issues, and Senior daughter, I've started to sell several times. Even had some one that I high-balled bite.

Hope you feel better.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

FLOOD LANDS OF THE SOUTH New Orleans, Louisiana

well larry,,,,,,,, what did you decide to do?????????????????

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.