The Shed
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Shed

Default The Shed

I heard and verified on The Shed's Facebook page
    that the Shed burned to the ground last Sunday.

Plans are to re-build as soon as possible.

I always bring bad news. Sorry bout dat.

I was not impressed with the "other" Shed
    located in Gulfport.

Joe
    Where is our fearless leader? ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Ahh dude that sucks. I used to live in Biloxi 2002-2004 and that is when I fell in love with the shed. So much so that when I was in Camp Shelby up around Hattiesburg getting trained up for Afghanistan in 2009, I made sure to take my wife to the Shed on our 4 day pass when she came to visit me from Georgia. Bummer.
    Now Then

I can't see them taking too long to open back up, after all, it was built with recycled wood and tin, it had character. I will be curious in how it will be built this time around.
    I didn't find Gulfport to be bad, really couldn't tell the difference in the food, the feel of the building was a lot different though. I didn't like the one in Scott the first time I went there, they over did it with BBQ Sauce. The second time around I told them to hold the sauce and it was great. I am from the school where good BBQ doesn't need sauce to taste good.

comment: I would be willing to bet, their business will double when it re-opens. Same thing happened here in Westwego to Mo's Pizza, it burned down and business has been through the roof since reopening.
    Last edited by Mulla; 02-14-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Mo's comment
    Mulla
    2007 1300R Cabaret Red Metallic (SOLD, It ain't der no mo')
    2003 GL1800 Durango Red
    http://tech.bareasschoppers.com/

That sucks to hear. They really had a unique place and atmosphere there. I'm interested to see what route they go to rebuild. It seems it would be hard to recapture that crazy decor if they rebuild in a hurry. My wife loves to eat at the Shed in Scott, but I hardly ever go, something they use makes my stomach cut flips. Sucks, cuz I like the food for the most part.
    '03 1800R MotorTrike/'09 HD Street Glide

I agree Gerard, it will be hard for them to capture the atmosphere they had going on there. It was built with years of dumpster picking. Wow, just realized this, all those dollar bills stapled to the ceiling went up also.

Like I said earlier, the first time at Scott, they flooded the meat with sauce, had my stomach turning also.
    Mulla
    2003 GL1800 Durango Red

Busy weekend for fires around here and couple of local classics gone for now. Rocky & Carlos burned down Sunday too. Can you imagine the wall of roaches and rats running out of there.
    '04 1300S or at least used to be.

The Shed is coming back with the help of the Shed Heads!

http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf.../the_shed.html
    Mulla
    2003 GL1800 Durango Red

Default The Shed coming to Baton Rouge this year!

I mentioned this today and no one else had heard about it, The Shed will be opening a another location in Baton Rouge sometime later this year.

The following was taken from this article on Nola last week.

The Shed grew into a 25,000-square-foot regional landmark decorated with enough found objects to stock a flea market, including a marquee from Trent Lott Middle School. When the Ocean Springs Shed celebrated its tenth anniversary last summer with performances by Percy Sledge and Bobby Bland, it was a 1000 person capacity flagship of a five location chain, with a sixth venue due to open in Baton Rouge this year.

Mulla
    2003 GL1800 Durango Red

Y'all will be happy to know The Shed OS has reopened already - serving out of trailers and outdoor seating only, but, they're baccckkkk!

Just an angel with no halo and one Wing in the fire....
    (Yeah, couldn't keep the Wing Stock either!!)

X-less, My lil' Pepe has a new daddy now....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.