Spike Needs Help
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spike Needs Help

Default Spike Needs Help

Spike needs Help

While I have been around a while I normally just read the post and watch the sometime’s witty banter. I have been around long enough to know Spike is an invaluable resource to anyone asking his help and he always responds.

So why when he needs our help with a donation the response is almost nonexistent? Its not like it’s for his personal gain, I am sure everybody has had either a family member or friend that had to deal with Cancer, and believe regardless of its outcome it’s always devastating.

So in that sprit of helping others, something that he has done since this board started now I believe it’s our turn to step up…..

I don't normally do this but my God Daughter is doing the "Relay For Life" with the American Cancer Society. Cancer took my dad, my dad's dad, my mom is a breast cancer survivor and that makes it personal. So if you have an extra $5 for her, I would appreciate it and so would McKayla!

Thanks in advance
    Larry [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_i mage001.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_i mage003.gif[/IMG] Originally Posted by McKayla
    Dear Family and Friends,Please join or donate to or relay for life team, either one will be a big help wich you can be a part of!
    We plan to stay overnight on March 31st at Newsome HS and have fun in the race for the cure while helping to make a difference! Either way, my team (and family) will be on the track for the 18 hour relay.
    Thank you!
    McKayla
    McKayla
    Click here to visit my PERSONAL page.
    If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
    http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px...s_tafId=838064
    Last edited by numberc44; 02-21-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Patriot Guard

1800 R VTX
    CB 750F1 Supersport
    XL 650
    Valk
    Mini-Trail 50cc

Wife's Bike
    Spyder Rts

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Pope "papa" of the VTXOA Chicago-Spike's Avatar

Thanks very much, I'm humbled and grateful for any and all that donate to my God Daughter's event.

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

Very good cause.
    Like many, cancer has affected some near and dear to me.

Wish McKayla well.
    Live love and ride...Life is too short!

Black 2007 1800C, (the fastest VTXs made) CP drag bars, XR Ultra Fairing, PC III, HK 2 into 1's, Kury Hypercharger, lights, Young Guns seat and chrome here and there.

Good cause. Like many others cancer has affected many people close to me.
    Happy to help.
    I know what I know - If you know what I mean.

Spike, I feel it . It took my wife 3 years ago. God bless all.

Thanks again for all the love and donations. I talked with Mckayla tonight and she sounded so happy that she got all these donations that she has no idea who the people are that donated for her. She was most proud that she had over $500 and her dad had just 1 donation, from his work, for only $200.

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

Just got this e-mail from her mother;

I have to say.... THANK YOU!!! McKayla has been getting donations from people we don't know, and one of them mentioned that you had forwarded her email. Yesterday she was 10th out of 472 participants for amount earned for ACS. WOW! You and your friends have been very generous!Liisa

Thanks guys and gals, Mckayla is loving this!!!

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
    Just got this e-mail from her mother;

I have to say.... THANK YOU!!! McKayla has been getting donations from people we don't know, and one of them mentioned that you had forwarded her email. Yesterday she was 10th out of 472 participants for amount earned for ACS. WOW! You and your friends have been very generous!Liisa

Thanks guys and gals, Mckayla is loving this!!!
    After looking at the tally board on the donation site, it looks like we're (as in all of us) in 5th place by less than $200.

C'mon ladies and jents, lets go for 1st.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2004 VTX 1300C V&H pipes, K&N filter, Cobra crash bars w/Kuryakyn pegs, Mustang seats, Saddlemans bags, hidden hitch, MS faring and a bunch of shiny stuff. Who you calling trailer trash??

I wake up to find you guys and girls here have pushed her over $750!!! I really am grateful for all your help for her and for cancer. I hate cancer, taken too many of my family away, far too young.

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

There ya go Spike, Hope it help her reach her goals for a very worth while cause!!
    Lost Soul ( Lee Jaderlund )

Proud Member of the Soggy Bottom Boyz Just hangin in the breeze

She's at $830 and 3rd place so far!!
    Less than $150 to be in first.
    Go MaKayla!
    Live love and ride...Life is too short!

Black 2007 1800C, (the fastest VTXs made) CP drag bars, XR Ultra Fairing, PC III, HK 2 into 1's, Kury Hypercharger, lights, Young Guns seat and chrome here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by medrep View Post
    She's at $830 and 3rd place so far!!
    Less than $150 to be in first.
    Go MaKayla!
    Aint gonna be no third place
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2004 VTX 1300C V&H pipes, K&N filter, Cobra crash bars w/Kuryakyn pegs, Mustang seats, Saddlemans bags, hidden hitch, MS faring and a bunch of shiny stuff. Who you calling trailer trash??

I just got a donation from a VTXOA member in WinterHaven and I got another donation from PayPal so I sent it to her in the name of "VTXOA Members"
    Thanks, I know it sounds redundant, but WOW, I'm tearing up here

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

Come on you guys. 3 of us from Washington have kicked in now. Let get er going!!

Come on you guys. 3 of us from Washington have kicked in now. Let get er going!! If we can manage 3 people per state just think how much we can raise for Makayla!!!

She's stuck at $1k

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

It's not much but I hope I have helped in some small way.

UNITED WE STAND
    PATRIOT GUARD RIDER New '06...here we go again!!!! Pair Valve Mod, Scar Mod ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
    She's stuck at $1k
    Not really stuck... just taking a breather and getting ready for the next round.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just talked with Mckayla's mom and she is very happy that the VTXOA members have made her daughter the top donation getter so far. There is a prize, however small, for the top donation getter and the team she is on is trying to get her in the newspaper on her sudden surge of donations from all over the country.

Here is an e-mail from my best friend from high school, and Mckayla's dad;

Larry and Marianne,

Thank you so much for all of your help in supporting McKayla’s fundraising campaign. At the beginning of this email strand, is an email from Tara Gravino (our “Snap Fitness” team captain) where she calls out McKayla as not only our team leader in fundraising (now over $1,000), but as the leader in the entire FishHawk event (500+ participants).

Then in the email directly below, McKayla gets a note directly from the American Cancer Society. Liisa and Mitchell are also contributing in other non-financial ways. See red highlights below.

I just wanted you to know the incredible impact you are having in this event. We will be honoring Larry’s father at the Luminaria Ceremony to connect you in another way.

Jeff
    Team SNAP Fitness,

You are doing an AMAZING job!! Thank you for all your hard work and support of The American Cancer Society!

P.S. Great job McKayla...so impressive!!!

Best Regards,

Cathy Vallianatos
    Community Representative
    The American Cancer Society

Hello Snap Fitness Relay Team Members and Supporters!

Relay is just over one month away and we are kicking our efforts into high gear! I am forwarding you the e-mail below from our Online Fundraising Chairperson. I thought some of you might be interested in participating in this contest. It's amazing how family, friends and people you don't even know will support the American Cancer Society.

One of our own team members, McKayla McMahon has taken the lead as the top individual fundraiser for the entire FishHawk Relay for Life! She sent out one e-mail to her e-mail list. The content included exactly three sentences letting people know that she joined a Relay For Life Team, why she thinks Relay is important and what her goals are. One of the people on her list forwarded McKayla's e-mail to his e-mail list and within just a few days she has received $980. McKayla and her family have been flabbergasted by the overwhelmingly generous response! So many people have been touched by cancer and are so happy that we are raising money for more research and support for victims and their families.

I know this approach is not for everyone, and I have the utmost respect for that. I felt is was important to keep you informed about all the options. If you feel that this method would work for you, now is a good time since the winner earns extra "spirit" points for Snap , a nice Relay "swag bag", and special recognition at the monthly team meeting on the 6th.

Blessings,

Tara Gravino
    Team Captain
    Relay for Life of FishHawk 2012
    I love my God Daughter

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

bump
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bump for the cause

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

Quote Originally Posted by numberc44 View Post
    So why when he needs our help with a donation the response is almost nonexistent? Its not like it’s for his personal gain, I am sure everybody has had either a family member or friend that had to deal with Cancer, and believe regardless of its outcome it’s always devastating.

Some like to donate and not tell everyone.
    2013 Victory Cross Country Tour

The bump worked! I'm in. Go get 'em McKayla! Cancer, no matter what form, is a monster that needs to be tamed. It affects us all, either directly or indirectly. It doesn't matter if you're rich, poor, black, white, young or old, it affects every one of us. People like McKayla make the research possible that will someday put an end to it.

Edit/Add - I posted the link on my Facebook page too
    Last edited by trucktrain; 03-01-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    05,1800R1,Basically stock w/a little Xtra stuff
    NOT MUCH YOU CAN DO WITH 2 PIECES OF WOOD AND SOME NAILS...
    BUT ALMOST 2000 YEARS AGO THEY HELD UP THE WORLD!

bump

bump again

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

hello just donated for relay for life . Spike you are always there for edvice and helpfull info . hopefully McKayla will make her goal . god bless
    02 1800R mustang saddle , thunder charged, power commander, custom paint QQ bags , reckless faring

Default Final Stretch

Thought it might not hurt to call in reinforcments for the final stretch. Myself and everone on my e-mail list has lost a family member or close friend to cancer, so I've sent out a short e-mail for the cause.
    Feel free to copy and send!

Hey, there's a friend on the motorcycle web site ,VTXOA, that has his God Daughter running in the 2012 Relay For Life of FishHawk, FL. This is to help raise money for the American Cancer Society. Anything you can add to the pot will help.

To donate on-line use this:
    http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px...s_tafId=838064
    For a printable mail-in form use this:
    http://main.acsevents.org/site/TRGif...68&px=25960612

Thanks
    Last edited by geezerglide1; 03-07-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, $1,465 and climbing! You guys and gals are truly wonderful

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

Default Looking Good

out of 580 participants!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.