winter project
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: winter project

Default winter project

Added a HD tour pak with speakers and HD hard bags. I had a set of tsukayu patrol bags on it, but the lids didn't open the right way to work with the tour pak. I tried raising the pak up to allow the lids to open, but it didn't look right. So I got a set of HD bags off of ebay and used the tsukayu mounting brackets, and now it's all good.

I'll be selling the patrol bags at some point, after I repaint one of the lids due to a big scratch. They are HOK black with 'real fire' flames on the backs (see pic below). Thought I'd put it out there for now, if someone is interested, but doesn't need them 'right now'

Loopy

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpgpatrol bags.jpg
    2011 HD street glide 103ci

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

how did you mount the tour pack ? nice ride

jduck / bama smuggler
    iron butt assco member sine 2011
    06 vtx 1300R

Quote Originally Posted by JDUCK View Post
    how did you mount the tour pack ? nice ride

I used a scootwerks mount. Sits on there real nice and is fairly beefy. Pricey though, but it should last.

Thanks!

Pope "papa" of the VTXOA Chicago-Spike's Avatar

Excellent!!!!

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

Looks real good, can't beat the Scootwerks rack for strength.

Loopy, looks great! I'm also in Aurora, and hoping eventually to get a tour pack. Right now I've got some primered jumbo strong bags waiting to be mounted, that should happen within a couple of weeks, then just need to get 'em painted. I'm saving up for a Woody's fairing.

Let me know if you want to ride sometime. Today would have been a good day to ride, if it wasn't for the wind

-Randy

04 1300S Bad-X extreme seat mod, HK3's w/ Michael's resonators, Memphis Shades Hellcat, Kury deep bezels, 1800C risers, SicTexVtx diamond plate floorboard covers, westonsigns.com flames, diy clutch tension reducer, diy laydown plate, skull air intake, skull choke, quick install passenger seat, Pony shock mod, Tsukayu Jumbo Strongs

that's friggin awesome
    Mike

Default Nice looking

Bike and bags look good.
    How much for the bags that you are selling?
    Thanks...........................J

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. - P.J. O'Rourke

Hmmm, how much are them Tsaku 'patrol' bags that you have? ...inquiry minds wanna know. I had my eyes on them patrol hard bags awhile back.

you'll either have to make your own brackets or get new ones from tsukayu, because I used them on my new bags. I haven't reassembled them either, since they were re-cleared. To be honest the 'factory' hinges were kinda cheesy, so you'll have to decide if you want to use them or replace them.

They were on the bike for a only a few months. They won't work with the tourpak

I can let them go for 400.00. (have quite a bit invested in paint on them, and they're 550.00 primered new)

jghost will have first dibs since he asked first and I pm'd him about them.

Default Bags

Thanks, I'll pass. I figured out a different route.

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. - P.J. O'Rourke

Default new tour pack badge

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.