Honda VTX Forum banner

Canada Card...

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mrlhood 
#1 ·
Got my Canada passport card this week. Anyone up for a ride this summer

I'm thinking Quebec, but Nova Scotia is not out of sight either.

Any suggestions or interest

Hey Doc, you've been up that way frequently... any ideas?

See less See more
#3 ·
Yuppers...

Paul PEI is a very nice place to go.
Thanks bud!

I've seen some vids and articles and along with Quebec City, the Gaspee Peninsula, and Nova Scotia's Cabot Trail... those are my choices for touring on a longer trip.

However, I think for starters I might just try a shorter journey to Old Quebec City.

Not sure about roads or destinations yet, but still open for advice or anyone who would like to ride along.

#5 ·
Passport Card or Book

ADDED: I should get a passport just in case I need one, to my to-do list.
Just an FYI for anyone interested:

Card is good for land travel and to US Virgin Islands
Book is good for all international travel.
Processing time can be as little as less than 3 weeks for the card.
Cost and processing time depend on a few variables.

Department of State Web Page

#6 ·
Paul, you inspired me.
Applied for both last week. Not the wait...
<insert jeopardy theme music here>

#7 ·
Eastern Maine

Hey, Paul. I wonder whether you'd be interested in a ride all the way out to Lubec, Maine - the easternmost city in the contiguous United States? Canyon and I have discussed it briefly. Day 1 - we slab it up through Bangor, swing down to Ellsworth and sleep over there; day two is a ride out to Lubec along the coast (Rt 1 and 182). Very scenic. Over to the Quaddy Head Lighthouse, lunch, back to Ellsworth for the evening. Day three we are up early, head down to Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park. Brunch is at Finback Ale House, which is owned by my co-worker's brother. Perimeter Road (Rts 3/198/102 is reputed to be an incredible ride!
Any interest?

Billy

#8 ·
Old Quebec City is well worth the time, very cool area.

New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, PEI, great seafood and some of the friendliest people in the world. Less expensive than ME plus the favorable exchange rate right now ($1 US = +/- $1.10 CDN) but the Bangor area is really nice too.

You can't lose imo

#10 ·
Me too...

I went to the passport website to do the app online. I may have an issue because they want a ton of info on the ex wife. Like I kept any of that. ...........and the past continues to haunt me. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
All I remembered was her maiden name and approximate age. It still was approved. Shouldn't be a problemo, Daddy-O!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.