+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Car vs Moto

Default Car vs Moto

I love this stuff by both perspectives.

Duug

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

That was pretty cool. Biker has some skills!
    "Deus solum me iudicare potest"

Way back when we called it power sliding. Now it's called drifting.

The bike shows counter steering in action. Way cool vid.

My wife had a '93 RX-7 but it sure didn't have a Corvette engine. Still a pretty fast car though.
    '04 1300c, Memphis Shades windshield,
    HardChrome 3" ResTechs, Kury ISO grips, custom paint by BD. Spyker mod w/K&N, Darkside Hydro 205-70-15
    MSB #15

Great video.

Years ago in motor trend mag (before the drifting thing came on) there was an article car racing vs bike racing. They said your average street bike against your average high powered sports car, the bike would kill it, but a race car vs a race bike the race car would take it. The reason being there's not much difference in a street bike and race bike, but there's a enourmous difference between a race car and street legal car.

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=211&pictureid=950

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post

That one there is the chit. And is on a closed portion of highway just a little ways away from me.

I am not a pro about the physics of counter steering on 2 wheels but learned real quick about it on a snowmobile trip a few weeks ago. Man that was fun but i was sore for 3 days afterwords. Discovered some core muscles that hadnt been used for some time. It was a 4 hour guided trip, that was WOT for 80% of the trip. Unfortunately 30 minutes away from the end of it i didnt get off the sled enough to counter steer that i left the trail and ran a ski up a tree, went over the bars and impacted the tree with my right shoulder and got jacked around enough to watch my wife fly through the air. She made a perfect landing in the middle of the trail, nice and flat. She was to her feet just as i got to her. The guide took us through some open meadows that were single track with trees just inches off the track. Guess he was the doing the old get on and ride again mind trick, i still slowed down in spots. What a fun time though besides the incident.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.