Fisher House Ride in Beaufort on 31 Mar
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Fisher House Ride in Beaufort on 31 Mar

  1. #1
    Senior Member SCteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,811

    Default Fisher House Ride in Beaufort on 31 Mar

    This is a great cause and I plan on riding this one. The Fisher House is like a Ronald McDonald House for military. I even used it one time in Ohio at Wright Patterson AFB when the AF gave me my new pair of eyes. See the attached link for more info and let me know who will join me.

    http://www.cyclefish.com/event/15708/
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

  2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member noangel2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south Carolina, Holly Hill
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post
    This is a great cause and I plan on riding this one. The Fisher House is like a Ronald McDonald House for military. I even used it one time in Ohio at Wright Patterson AFB when the AF gave me my new pair of eyes. See the attached link for more info and let me know who will join me.

    http://www.cyclefish.com/event/15708/

    That's a definite maybe for me

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    877

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by noangel2112 View Post
    That's a definite maybe for me
    Ditto for me!

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    877

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post
    This is a great cause and I plan on riding this one. The Fisher House is like a Ronald McDonald House for military. I even used it one time in Ohio at Wright Patterson AFB when the AF gave me my new pair of eyes. See the attached link for more info and let me know who will join me.

    http://www.cyclefish.com/event/15708/
    I now find out I'm going to be in Vermont that weekend. Have a great ride! I think it's a really good cause.

  6. #5
    Senior Member noangel2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south Carolina, Holly Hill
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post
    This is a great cause and I plan on riding this one. The Fisher House is like a Ronald McDonald House for military. I even used it one time in Ohio at Wright Patterson AFB when the AF gave me my new pair of eyes. See the attached link for more info and let me know who will join me.

    http://www.cyclefish.com/event/15708/

    Unless something comes up in the meantime, I will be going on this ride. My friend Greg will be riding too.We can make plans when the Date gets closer.

  7. #6
    Member etherbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I might be able to make this one!
    2004 1800C


  8. #7
    Senior Member noangel2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south Carolina, Holly Hill
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etherbunny View Post
    I might be able to make this one!
    Sounds good , who else is going to Beaufort ?

  9. #8
    Senior Member Speargun41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noangel2112 View Post
    Sounds good , who else is going to Beaufort ?

    I'm planning on it. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

    When we get a final tally of who's all going maybe we can meet up beforehand and all ride down together.
    2006 VTX 1300C

  10. #9
    Senior Member noangel2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south Carolina, Holly Hill
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speargun41 View Post
    I'm planning on it. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

    When we get a final tally of who's all going maybe we can meet up beforehand and all ride down together.
    We need to make plans like where to meet and what time etc

  11. #10
    Senior Member SCteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    What does everyone say we meet on Dorchester Rd near Oakbrook where the rd turns from 4 lanes to 2 lanes. There is a Money Man pawn shop there in a plaza and it has a large parking lot for us to meet. From there we can take the back roads to Beaufort. Should take around 2hrs, so lets say we meet at 0745 with KSU at 0800. Some of the Green Knights, me included, will be riding down as well.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

  12. #11
    Senior Member noangel2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south Carolina, Holly Hill
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post
    What does everyone say we meet on Dorchester Rd near Oakbrook where the rd turns from 4 lanes to 2 lanes. There is a Money Man pawn shop there in a plaza and it has a large parking lot for us to meet. From there we can take the back roads to Beaufort. Should take around 2hrs, so lets say we meet at 0745 with KSU at 0800. Some of the Green Knights, me included, will be riding down as well.
    What route will you be taking to Beaufort ? I might meet up with you guys along the way .

  13. #12
    Senior Member SCteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noangel2112 View Post
    What route will you be taking to Beaufort ? I might meet up with you guys along the way .
    I was thinking 17A. Could you meet us where 61 and 17A connect at 0815?
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

  14. #13
    Senior Member noangel2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south Carolina, Holly Hill
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post
    I was thinking 17A. Could you meet us where 61 and 17A connect at 0815?

    It would be better for me to meet you in Walterboro at The BP station on the corner where we have split up before .I could be there at about 8:45 or so. It is less than an hour to Beaufort from there.

  15. #14
    Senior Member SCteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noangel2112 View Post
    It would be better for me to meet you in Walterboro at The BP station on the corner where we have split up before .I could be there at about 8:45 or so. It is less than an hour to Beaufort from there.
    Sounds good, see you there.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

  16. #15
    Senior Member noangel2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south Carolina, Holly Hill
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post
    Sounds good, see you there.
    I will call you before Saturday

  17. #16
    Senior Member noangel2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south Carolina, Holly Hill
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Saturday is calling for 50% chance of rain

    Lets hope that changes before then

  18. #17
    Senior Member noangel2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south Carolina, Holly Hill
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noangel2112 View Post
    Lets hope that changes before then




    No change still looks like rain. This may be a wash out.

  19. #18
    Senior Member SCteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noangel2112 View Post
    No change still looks like rain. This may be a wash out.

    Yeah, not looking good. If it is raining then no need to get wet. Maybe Sunday we can make a ride happen.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

  20. #19
    Senior Member Speargun41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post
    Yeah, not looking good. If it is raining then no need to get wet. Maybe Sunday we can make a ride happen.

    I've been watching the weather all week on this one and it still doesn't look good. If it doesn't work, Sunday looks to be pretty dry. Plus, I'll be able to get some sleep the night before.
    2006 VTX 1300C

  21. #20
    Senior Member noangel2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south Carolina, Holly Hill
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speargun41 View Post
    I've been watching the weather all week on this one and it still doesn't look good. If it doesn't work, Sunday looks to be pretty dry. Plus, I'll be able to get some sleep the night before.

    I am probably going to a family reunion on Sunday, maybe next Sunday I could ride with you guys. I just checked the weather again , I think we may as well call this one off , unless there is a Drastic change before tomorrow morning.

  22. #21
    Senior Member SCteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noangel2112 View Post
    I am probably going to a family reunion on Sunday, maybe next Sunday I could ride with you guys. I just checked the weather again , I think we may as well call this one off , unless there is a Drastic change before tomorrow morning.
    Carl, when are you going to stop putting family before bikes? Hope to ride with you again soon.

    Jim- Let's hook up for a Sunday ride and hope some others on here will join in. Dave "LCR" is out of town so I know he will not make it.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

  23. #22
    Senior Member Speargun41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post
    Carl, when are you going to stop putting family before bikes? Hope to ride with you again soon.

    Jim- Let's hook up for a Sunday ride and hope some others on here will join in. Dave "LCR" is out of town so I know he will not make it.
    Right now it looks like an 80% chance of rain.

    Next week Carl will probably be on an Easter Egg hunt but we'll all get out together soon .

    I'll give you a ring later on Ray, about a Sunday ride.
    2006 VTX 1300C

  24. #23
    Senior Member noangel2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south Carolina, Holly Hill
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speargun41 View Post
    Right now it looks like an 80% chance of rain.

    Next week Carl will probably be on an Easter Egg hunt but we'll all get out together soon .

    I'll give you a ring later on Ray, about a Sunday ride.
    I might ride with you boys tomorrow instead of going to the reunion, any ideas on a ride? I was thinking Beaufort..I will call both of you tonight.

  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    877

    Cool

    [QUOTE=noangel2112;3478963]I might ride with you boys tomorrow instead of going to the reunion, any ideas on a ride? I was thinking Beaufort..I will call both of you tonight.[/Qe colder and damper

    Hope you guys got to ride this weekend. It's cold and damp here in northern Vermont. Leaving tomorrow for Montreal where it's supposed to be colder and damper. What's wrong w/ this picture? I'd forgotten how bad the weather can be here -- really makes me appreciate South Carolina and the fact that we can ride pretty much all year long. I'll be home in ten days or so; really looking forward to riding w/ everyone again.

  26. #25
    Senior Member SCteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    [QUOTE=LowCountryRider;3479899]
    Quote Originally Posted by noangel2112 View Post
    I might ride with you boys tomorrow instead of going to the reunion, any ideas on a ride? I was thinking Beaufort..I will call both of you tonight.[/Qe colder and damper

    Hope you guys got to ride this weekend. It's cold and damp here in northern Vermont. Leaving tomorrow for Montreal where it's supposed to be colder and damper. What's wrong w/ this picture? I'd forgotten how bad the weather can be here -- really makes me appreciate South Carolina and the fact that we can ride pretty much all year long. I'll be home in ten days or so; really looking forward to riding w/ everyone again.
    Enjoy your time up there Dave. We (Carl, Jim, & I) rode to Beufort today. Gorgeous day and perfect ride! Rode the 1300 and blew the dust off her. I will miss her if & when she sells, just a perfect all around bike!
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

  27. #26
    Senior Member Speargun41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    357

    Default

    [QUOTE=LowCountryRider;3479899]
    Quote Originally Posted by noangel2112 View Post
    I might ride with you boys tomorrow instead of going to the reunion, any ideas on a ride? I was thinking Beaufort..I will call both of you tonight.[/Qe colder and damper

    Hope you guys got to ride this weekend. It's cold and damp here in northern Vermont. Leaving tomorrow for Montreal where it's supposed to be colder and damper. What's wrong w/ this picture? I'd forgotten how bad the weather can be here -- really makes me appreciate South Carolina and the fact that we can ride pretty much all year long. I'll be home in ten days or so; really looking forward to riding w/ everyone again.
    It's been kind of wet around here on the weekends but today we were "fooled" with a warm sunny day. It was good to shake the dust off. After a buffet at the OK Corral we stopped by the waterfront and spotted this whale while we were down by the water. Pretty cool huh?

    100_2925.jpg
    2006 VTX 1300C

  28. #27
    Senior Member noangel2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south Carolina, Holly Hill
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Today I contacted the federal dept. of energy and offered an alternative to our dependence on fossil fuel: Ray's Azz. Talk about natural gas, geez


    Last edited by noangel2112; 04-02-2012 at 12:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •