Sister Summer Solstice Run and campout
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sister Summer Solstice Run and campout

Default Sister Summer Solstice Run and campout

It is that time again and i have gotten to planning it a little later than the last few years.

The weekend coincides with a food, beer, and wine festival that is down the street from the campground. The dates are tentatively set for 6/15-6/17. That is Friday through Sunday. This really is a bring what you run and have fun type of deal. Last year it was $12 a sight with 2 tents per sight. So $12 for the weekend if you can stand your neighbor OTW its $24 for some piece/peace and quiet. The showers were free/are free. IF not there is a creek nearby for your pecker shrinking/nipple erecting pleasures while soaping up.
    The fire rings are large and the camp host has always been great about $5 bundles of wood.
    We have had some guessable weather in the past and will continue to due so. Prepare accordingly, and dont whine when it does happen.
    This ride and the event is for the riders and decided by the riders. Please make all suggestions and add to it.
    Friday is roll in and whomever gets there first if its not me settles the spots needed. Friday afternoon is time to stroll and get some Q at Slick's about mid town in Sisters. Saturday is ride day, then back to town mid afternoon to enjoy the festivities at the festival. Saturday night dinner has in the past been somewhere special. Gotta wait and see if that happens OTW the plan will be at Slick's for a Q feast.

If you have any ?'s, send me pm's. This weekend falls after the rodeo so plenty of rooms should be available for those inclined.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I plan on this again. If the cabin dinner doesnt happen I can always trailer up with the webber ect. Jim

I'm in again my friends! Looking forward to it. I assume Randy will be there as well. Cabin will be available for dinner, or if anyone needs a dry spot to sleep.
    Dave

2008 HD Street Glide
    "Who is more irrational? A man who believes in a God he doesn't see, or a man who's offended by a God he doesn't believe in?" Brad Stine

wayne

Dry spot to sleep? You planning on some bad weather?
    Nice to see you post again, been a while.

Default Count me in

It has been fun each of the last three years, so am planing to be there again, Sounds like Tony has other commitment for that week end so I will be looking to find others who may come down from up this way, I'll try to remember my ear plugs this year so it won't matter if my tent site is too close to Jason.

See you all there
    Dudley
    05 1300 R, Ultimate Low Rider, boatbuilder pipe mod, dynojet stage 1, K&N, speedohealer, Rider II GPS, Brakeaway cruise, Kuryakyn grips

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    It has been fun each of the last three years, so am planing to be there again, Sounds like Tony has other commitment for that week end so I will be looking to find others who may come down from up this way, I'll try to remember my ear plugs this year so it won't matter if my tent site is too close to Jason.

See you all there
    Dudley

Yes Tony will be elsewhere, and missed.

I will be running straight pipes usual...

Seems to be a possible smaller than usual turn out than years past. Which is fine. I dont think i will be able to get out of work before 2pm or so. For some reason the big bosses get upset when they hear me roll out any earlier even if i work late to make up for the early cut out.
    Randy and Dave, once again thanks for the use of the cabin on Saturday night for dinner.

Looks like Tony will be there after all. Looking forward to this as always. I was up there last sunday and it was 85 degrees. We can hope for similar weather.
    05 "C", titanium

wayne

I am going to do my da edest or best to make it.
    I just cant pass up any work after being off and paying out 17k in med. bills.

Tony and Carol will be there. I am riding with them. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for organizing this again, Jason! I'm hoping to make it, but my son graduates HS (fingers crossed!) on the 18th, so I might be out another year. But if I can make it, it will be rain or shine; no whine.

Quote Originally Posted by eXe View Post
    Thanks for organizing this again, Jason! I'm hoping to make it, but my son graduates HS (fingers crossed!) on the 18th, so I might be out another year. But if I can make it, it will be rain or shine; no whine.
    Cool. Congrats on the son graduating(i will cross my fingers for you also).

How you been?

Doing good, thanks...been off the board, but riding every day...rain or shine. Nice to have some dry weather! I'll take bugs over wind & rain

We're having the grad party that weekend, so looks like I'll remain 1 for 5 (it is 5, right?).

Enjoy!

Hey Jason,

I'm hoping to be there on Saturday. I have a ton going on that Friday and can't peel away from the family responsibilities. Hope to see you all around lunch time on Saturday.

Dave~
    Proud C.R.A.P. Member #29 - 2004 1300c Black, BuBs

"An excellent man, like precious metal, is in every way invariable; A villain, like the beams of a balance, is always varying, upwards and downwards." - John Locke

Quote Originally Posted by bigd_74 View Post
    Hey Jason,

I'm hoping to be there on Saturday. I have a ton going on that Friday and can't peel away from the family responsibilities. Hope to see you all around lunch time on Saturday.

Dave~
    I cant make any promise's that we will be there but just ask the camp host where we are at. We will be back soon enough to make the walk over to the little festival and start Saturday off right after riding.

Default cab

Jason I have the cabies card if you don,t. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by pigbristles View Post
    Jason I have the cabies card if you don,t. Jim

Perfect. We will use it again this year.

wayne

Quote Originally Posted by pigbristles View Post
    I plan on this again. If the cabin dinner doesnt happen I can always trailer up with the webber ect. Jim

If you ride up, maybe I will go over the hill and meet up with you and ride up with ya.

I may not be attending at all this year.
    My employer decided to cut me loose with absolutely no explanation as to why last Wednesday.
    I am trying to hustle and get a job quickly. So if anyone knows of anything to make some cash between here and then let me know.

wayne

It looks to me by the posts, its going to be 11 to 12 riders there.

Anyone else got a head count?

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    If you ride up, maybe I will go over the hill and meet up with you and ride up with ya.
    Sounds good. I will go up Friday mid morning. You know the hwy 58 tunnels are being repaired and closed at times. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by bbqguy View Post
    My employer decided to cut me loose with absolutely no explanation as to why last Wednesday.
    I am trying to hustle and get a job quickly. So if anyone knows of anything to make some cash between here and then let me know.
    That sucks. I hope it all works out for you.

wayne

You gotta go.
    I will toss in your camp fees if that will help. If something happens that I cannot go, I will send you a check. Or help out where I can.
    Just gas and food is all you need.

As of now, the date looks good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    You gotta go.
    I will toss in your camp fees if that will help. If something happens that I cannot go, I will send you a check. Or help out where I can.
    Just gas and food is all you need.

As of now, the date looks good for me.

That is a nice offer but i need to see what happens the next few weeks.
    Hopefully they realized that whatever i did was not worth losing me in the first place.

Well I hope things work out ok for you bbqguy. I know I have always wanyed to do this run, but that weekend is always a busy one for me. I hope all you guys/gals have a great time.

WTH!! Jason...I'm reading this thread for the first time & considerng trying to show up and I see THIS!!!...rrrrrrrrr...MY GOD!, I don't know the details but if they can't see the good in your heart than our date at the green dragon is OFF!... Let me know what you need to make this trip and I'll make it happen... Thanks for being there for us...HB/gEEz
    Bruce... Msgt U.S.A.F. (Ret 2003)
    971-267-7364
    Let's Ride!

wayne

Yep, we will make it happen.

Chit guys.
    I appreciate the out pouring of generosity but i cant rely on others to make a w/end trip financially feasible.

Hobbs, we can meet somewhere else for a beer. If you can make it out i have 2 beer tickets that need to be used there by today. I will be there sometime after 6pm so swing by if you can.

Now if you know where a guy find a job, that is all i need, really.

I'd have been there today Jason but I'm still working nights Sat thru Wed.

BTW: I had an awesome ride to Sisters last Thursday
    I defiantly recommend the Three Creeks PUB just outside of town; had the Italian Grinder sandwich mmmm.
    Sisters mtn bike.jpg
    Here's a pic just for the hell of it...
    Me & gEEz at the coast 2010
    Me & gEEz coast.jpg
    Ohh, and here's a cool bike pic with my low profile CT on the back before I got the Corbin bags...then I'll quit highjacking ya'lls thread...honest
    CT detour.JPG
    Last edited by Hobbs; 06-05-2012 at 02:50 AM.
    Bruce... Msgt U.S.A.F. (Ret 2003)
    971-267-7364
    Let's Ride!

Alright J. Here's the deal. Since this has been your run from the beginning and it sounds like there are people who are willing to pitch in and make this run possible for you I don't see how you can not show. Besides, what the hell else are you going to do if you don't have a job. Scrape up enough for fuel to get there and I know the rest of us can get you fed and home. And who else is going to cook on Sat night? Sucks that Rogue human resources seems to be a bit bi-polar when it comes to personnel retention. I know you'll come through this, and in the mean time let you "X" brothers extend a hand. Thats what family is for. On another note, looks like there will be at least 5 coming over in my group, maybe 6. Now, if we can just get some weather......
    05 "C", titanium

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.