Looking for some ride information.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for some ride information.

Question Looking for some ride information.

I'm planning to visit the Sumter area during laborday weekend. My brother is going to be down from Pa. and we want to get together for a ride with a friend from Aiken. We plan to meet in Columbia. Can anyone give me some ideas on some good roads to ride around there? I would think that we will ride a couple hundred miles together before I have to get back over to Sumter. I would like to keep it central between Sumter and Aiken so we all can get back home at a safe hour.

Thank you all in advance.
    2007 Honda VTX 1300R. 2600 Miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by trucker24 View Post
    I'm planning to visit the Sumter area during laborday weekend. My brother is going to be down from Pa. and we want to get together for a ride with a friend from Aiken. We plan to meet in Columbia. Can anyone give me some ideas on some good roads to ride around there? I would think that we will ride a couple hundred miles together before I have to get back over to Sumter. I would like to keep it central between Sumter and Aiken so we all can get back home at a safe hour.

Thank you all in advance.
    I might think about US 321 south out of Columbia. At Denmark, turn right on US 78 to Blackville. Stop for lunch at Miller's Bread Basket; you won't be disappointed. South out of Blackville on Rt 3 will dump you onto Rt 64. Go left for a mile or so and you hit US 321 again. Turn right and take it 5 miles to where it joins US 301. Head south until 321 breaks away to the left and go to Estill. In Estill, pick up Rt 3 north but don't pick up any hitchhikers (there's a federal prison there). Rt 3 will cross Rt 125 in about 30 miles. Turn left at that point and ride through the US Govt's Savannah River Site. Not too far after leaving the Site, take Rt 302 into Aiken. Your buddy f/ there will know more about the place than I do. It's a horsey little town w/ a lot of good restaurants and bars. I don't know if you're returning to Columbia or Sumter f/ there, but either is easy to get to. Just pick up a South Carolina map. And if you decide to tour Charleston in the Low Country, there are plenty of us who'd be happy to show you around. Have a great ride!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.