Honda VTX Forum banner

Larger mirrors?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  cavie 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced stock mirrors with larger ones? They don't show much.

#3 ·
I have the Kuryakyn magnum plus mirrors on mine. They are slightly better than stock for the view behind me. I would imagine that for reaward visibility there is something better available.

#6 ·
I swapped mine with the ones on my Suzuki Volusia. longer stems that reached out. Tear drop mirrors. Didn't like the square Hondas.

#8 ·
I'm using Emgo "big one" mirrors
noticeably larger than stock and stick out a little farther too

they do vibrate a bit more than stock, and the pics don't show it but they do have a model# stamped in the plastic mirror housing(not real noticeable from a distance but it would bug some people)
and they look like dumbo ears when you first put them on, lol, 'till you get used to them

All in all, I'm really happy with them and like 'em way more than the stock mirrors

http://www.amazon.com/Emgo-Universa...408145103&sr=1-3&keywords=emgo+big+one+mirror

#10 ·
OK, I dug out my stock mirror and the Emgo mirrors actually sit at the same place as far as width as stock R mirrors but higher, so if you're having trouble seeing around your shoulders already then they won't be much help

Also the stems have started to rust, i guess you get what you pay for ;)

#12 ·
FWIW and I'd imagine their the same thread mount size... but my 1800 rectangle mirrors are much larger than the 1300 small oval mirrors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.