Honda VTX Forum banner

Jack Daniels Tour ride

7K views 60 replies 7 participants last post by  hawkvtx 
#1 ·
While visiting some great people today we talked about maybe a little ride maybe from Ft payne, Scottsboro area up to Lynchburg, Tn and a little tour. Didnt know if we could get anyone else interested.

#3 ·
I might make that ride tomorrow. I'm probably gonna hit HSV to pick up this young girl that is just getting into riding (she's got a Suzuki 250) and I'm going to take her riding to get some miles under her belt. She is one of the baristas at my SBUX and I'm protective of the girls like their dad. We're all FB and real life friends.

#8 ·
Well we could ride the 16th, 23rd, or 30th of August. Not sure what weekend is Labor Day. Best for folks to post up best day and go from there IMHO.

#10 ·
First one up Hawk for the 23rd, Saturday. Good for me.....Hawk do you work every other weekend... Chime in for the 23rd.

#14 ·
From All points south, Guntersville would be a good spot.
Then the next spot would be in Huntsville, somewhere on 431/231N on the N side of Governors (431 from G'ville)
Then it is a nice little ride up to Fayetteville, turn right on 50/64 and go 13 or 14miles a there it is.

Otherwise it would be going up to TN at Chattanooga and taking 24 to Hwy64 west and then turning rt on 50.

#15 ·
I was thinking somewhere around Scottsboro, Ft. Payne. Maybe a few points depending on what people need. The intersection in Rainsville at the gas station. Maybe a meet point in Guntersville if needed then moto up to Scottsboro. I was thinking the Skyline drive to Winchester then 50 to Lynchburg was a nice ride. I guess we set a meet point, or points and then establish times after we decide that.........I can hit just about any meet place so no matter to me...:doorag:

Still need to see if the 23rd works for everyone...hans, jduck, garret, radar ........

So multiple meet places or single meet places.........

#17 ·
#18 ·
Just a thought. If we're gonna start in Scottsboro then anyone that wants to meet me for breakfast at the Western Sizzler on HWY 72 let me know. They have a breakfast buffet that's pretty darn good and under $10. We also might wanna consider riding up 117 at Stevenson to Cowan then across to Winchester then 50 to Lynchburg and then come back down 79 through Skyline. The last couple of times I've been up there that's the way we went and it's a very nice ride.

Again just a thought. This is Heffly's rodeo so I'll leave it up to him.

#19 ·
Well the day looks good. August 23rd. I am showing from Rainsville to Lynchburg and back via Hawks suggested routes as 183 miles. I like the idea of two different roads to optimize the countryside viewing. Looks like we got someone knows the roads.:mrgreen:

I will be leaving the house about 5 am so I will be at the Western Sizzlin at HWY 72 and Liberty Lane, just south of Veterans Hwy 35. Scottsboro, Al. I am hoping to be there by 8 am. Say KSU from there at 9-930. All in favor say aye......aye, aye, aye, aye, aye.... the ayes have it, all nays post up what needs you have. Where is that Jduck at.....

#20 ·
We can walk our road together, If our goals are all the same. We can run alone and free, If we pursue a different aim.
Let the truth of love be lighted. Let the love of truth shine clear. Sensibility, Armed with sense and liberty. With the heart and mind united in a single. Perfect. Sphere. Neal Peart

We go dancing , nightly, in the attic while the moon is rising in the sky
If I'm too rough tell me, I'm so scared your little head will come off
in my hands.
- Alice Cooper

I'm in

#23 ·
So your in right, been awhile. No bama MGs this year.......Good idea for the Tn post. I am on it like..........:yikes:

#24 ·
So your in right, been awhile. No bama MGs this year.......Good idea for the Tn post. I am on it like..........:yikes:
i'm in as long as my work dont get in the way . as for the BAMA M&G oct 04 2014 mt cheaha state park 12:00 noon for lunch . SO LET'S HAVE YOUR IN PUT ON DATE .TIME AND PLACE ..........THANKS JDUCK

#25 ·
I'll meet you guys at JD.
I'm coming from the Gadsden area up to Huntsville to meetup with a young 'un on her little Suzuki 250.
I've got to get my X battery charged and carb and outside cleaned and polished up. I'm hoping the wife will ride the X that far since we got the Vision the X stays parked. Besides, the wife hasn't met Chloe.

Anyone from HSV or area can meetup at the Starbucks across from Huntsville Hospital or we can meet up at the one on 231/431 (N. Memorial) at Maston Lake rd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.