head lite bulb ?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: head lite bulb ?

Default head lite bulb ?

Bought a replacement bulb from someone on this board.. Brighter then stock but lasted a little over a month then burned out... then purchased a Kury pulsating tail lite bulb and that lasted about a week and that one shorted so the large element was on all the time.... Soooo back to the standard 1157 bulb and no problems but still looking for a brighter stop/tail lite bulb to replace the 1157 bulb... Any recomendations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Default Tail lit bulb

Quote Originally Posted by mike n View Post
    Bought a replacement bulb from someone on this board.. Brighter then stock but lasted a little over a month then burned out... then purchased a Kury pulsating tail lite bulb and that lasted about a week and that one shorted so the large element was on all the time.... Soooo back to the standard 1157 bulb and no problems but still looking for a brighter stop/tail lite bulb to replace the 1157 bulb... Any recomendations?
    I typed headlite bulb and should have been Taillite bulb... Duh!!!! Old people what can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by mike n View Post
    I typed headlite bulb and should have been Taillite bulb... Duh!!!! Old people what can I say?
    1157s are the stock, 2057s are the same bulb but with a heavier filiment used mostly for trailers due to vibration. Now, I run a 2357 out back. The 2357 is 3 or 5 watts brighter then the 11s or the 20.

"Specializing in Chrome teeth" "Thats 31Ts if you know what I mean!"

But when you ARE ready for a headlight- PM me.

I ran and sold halogen 1157 bulbs for a while. Found they were actually too bright and it was hard to tell the brake light from the tail light. Went back to a stock bulb.
    Sam/NDAna #15542 IB#38401 '04 1800 C, HID, Audiovox Cruise, 2xDarkSide & enough other stuff to keep me comfortable. Now have H4 HID & LED headlights available NDs.HIDs@gmail.com "Can you see me now?" For DarkSide info go here http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Default 2357 bulb?

Quote Originally Posted by ShowTime56 View Post
    1157s are the stock, 2057s are the same bulb but with a heavier filiment used mostly for trailers due to vibration. Now, I run a 2357 out back. The 2357 is 3 or 5 watts brighter then the 11s or the 20.
    Where does one find this 2357 bulb? Wallymart or does it have to be a trucking facility or auto parts store?

Fairly standard bulb. Auto parts store should stock them.

Woody's fairing, Parrot Asteroid, Rockford Fosgate 300x4 and Polk db521 speakers. All mounted and wired. Needs paint!

Default Yesd Sir

Found a two pak at Wally world for $3,76......gonna stick on in tonight and see if theres any difference...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.