would you be interested

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

possum pusher 3.0

7K views 58 replies 29 participants last post by  ak-rider 
#1 ·
well friends the time is almost upon us, with the blessings of both steves associated with this design, im about to start production of a copy of the legendary possum pusher . I know some of you will consider me a scab for using their design/molds but as I stated before i've communicated with both and have full permission to do so. the name possum pusher will not be on this product and there are a few design differences such as chrome mesh and a 4 point hard mount system for starters. i'll make a cardboard model and post some pics later. all that being said, what i'm trying to do rite now is get an idea of how many mite be interested so I can crunch some numbers as far as material costs and what a price mite be. I believe the original went for $115 and I want to stay close to that. also gonna offer 3 options, 1) shipped in primer finish 2) shipped painted to match your bike and 3) a spoiler/radiator cover combo deal. If in fact you are interested please click/check yes in the survey section, at this time i'm also considering doing a prepay deal but that's yet to be determined. one more thing I need your help with, I don't wanna use their name on a copy of their part and coming up with something has thus far eluded me. i'd like to have pony, crap, crapmods etc worked into a name and if I use something suggested here you will receive a spoiler free of charge as a kinda name the part prize.

#3 ·
Pretty sure I have some of your red around, lol. Thanks for the name suggestion, we're gonna run this poll thread 3 weeks bro and write down all suggestions to go over again later unless we get one here that seems fairly unanimous

#4 ·
I know I would love to have one. Fact I was just looking at them on Ebay. As for the name, how about:
* Pony Cowl
* Shroud C.R.A.P.
* C.R.A.P. Cowl
* Radi-hater C.R.A.P
* Sick-as-C.R.A.P.

#5 ·
Just keep it simple. Its a Pony Pusher!! Tried to PM ya, but your mailbox is full again. Hope you sell a bunch of Pony Pushers!

#7 ·
I got names

:congrats: I'm pleased to read you are going to add this to your mod offerings.

Here are some name suggestions:

• Moto Poni Windmaster (Moto for 'Motorcycle)
  • Moto Poni Airmaster Shroud
  • Moto Poni Shroud
  • Poni Crap (Crap Radiator Air Puller) Shroud
  • Poni CRAP Cow Catcher (see train cow catcher below to see where the name comes from and how the design is similar) You could use the a train graphic showing the triain front cow catcher as a selling point.

#13 ·
He's got a bum shoulder and he's not ambidextrous. He's been jerkin ..... around too much :oops:!
Lol, actually out of the immobilizer and wearing a support brace so I can build muscle strength back. Freakin using muscles I hadn't used in a couple monthe hurts more than the original injury

#15 ·
Lol, actually out of the immobilizer and wearing a support brace so I can build muscle strength back. Freakin using muscles I hadn't used in a couple monthe hurts more than the original injury
i'm with you on the pain. i'm in a brace after surgery to repair a torn bicep and disconnected ligament resulting from an auto accient in june. looking forward to your design in the near future----crap cooler!

#16 ·
#19 ·
ok guys, seems we have enough interest in these sooooooooooo, initial investment spent and the first coats of gelcoat are in the mold. hopefully by the middle of next week i'll have some mocked up and ready for a photo shoot. lookin like $125 unfinished w/mounting hardware and including shipping within the U.S..and $175 with hardware and shipping painted . the matching radiator covers with chrome mesh will be normal price minus 15% when purchased with the spoiler

#21 ·
possum pusher

will these fit with a crash bar? also will these work for all makes ? i have a 2007 r and will want one if it will fit .

#22 ·
will these fit with a crash bar? also will these work for all makes ? i have a 2007 r and will want one if it will fit .
Doin some research , goin thru old threads here and the cafe bro. Not sure about the crash bars. I know this was fitted to the C and R models and I'm guessing since all the radiator covers on all the models are interchange that the frames are the same and it should fit

#23 ·
I have my possum pusher on my R with National Cycle crash bars. No problem at all with fitamet! Love it!!!

#25 ·
I'm interested. I do have a question about it. Does the pusher effect the air moving around? Does it effect the use of lowers?

#26 ·
I'm interested. I do have a question about it. Does the pusher effect the air moving around? Does it effect the use of lowers?
No access to a wind tunnel buddy. This one designed more as bling but should only force a little more air upward thru the radiator and air should still pass between the lowers and frame. Also there's a large opening under the part which should also still allow airflow under the engine. Not a rocket scientist so this is purely my uneducated opinion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.