+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ok. bike rally

Default Ok. bike rally

i posted this on the Rides , trips, event section...but
    Anyone been to this?
    Opinions?

Next month ;June 14-24, 2012
    www.sparksamerica.com
    I have never been to this one? I have been told it was no Sturgis but a biggee compared to most?
    I have a band playing guitars I built on MONDAY. the 18th @ 9 P.M.
    They are in a Battle of the Bands situation....You know....where the band with the most friends there get the most applause and wins the $$$$$.
    You can check these guys out at "Reverb Nation" Band name is Octave Jaw
    If you are in the area?????? These are some good young men and I/They would appreciate a friendly face?
    They do alot of original material but do covers from Lynerd, Monster magnet, Eddie Vedor, Kurt Cobain,Rage, etc.
    These guys are a little wierd....they still say "YES SIR & NO SIR" & "YES MAAM & NO MAAM"

See you there
    Drycreek
    Last edited by drycreek; 04-16-2012 at 03:28 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Not sure what rally's you have been to, but to say Sparks is wild would be an understatement. I have been going ever since 2004 and I love it. You have to be 21 to get in and all the festivities (camping, bands, flashing, contest, and partying) take place on the property which is located in a cow pasture. I do know they have made some management and ownership changes, but they new is owner is a fellow biker, and has been a regular at rally's for many years. As far as the battle of the bands, I don't know how well it is going to go. Plan on camping on the campgrounds. Bring plenty of sunscreen, and a pop up canopy with out walls. They have ice, and beer there, but if you want anything stronger to drink you will need to bring it in. There are usually 10 - 15 food vendors and are reasonably priced compared to some other places I've been too. Piece of advice, if you have a wife/girlfriend and she is the jealous type, DON'T BRING HER! If you have a problem with some random guy asking to see your wife/girlfriend's breast, DON'T BRING HER! If you are the random guy that likes to see breast, bring beads, LOT'S of them. If you need any more info, or want to see pictures, just let me know.
    Matt

2006 Honda VTX 1300C Dark metallic grey, Mustang seats, De-Smogged, and the best part..... It's paid for!

Default yep

Hacket, I did some checking. You are dead on with the info. It's a good heads up. Thx
    Band starts at 9P.M.
    I will be setting up and teching guitars before the show.
    This sounds like a heck of an event. I have not been to it?
    I was told camping/parking spaces are selling out fast; sounds like there will be a crowd even though they are playing on Mon. the 18th.
    I guess I need to take a sick day on Tues ? Sounds like I wont get home untill sometime in the early morning? I'm getting to old for this crap but these boys have worked hard and deserve to be heard ?
    See you there, come say howdy.
    Drycreek

I won't be making it to Sparks anytime soon I'm afraid. I am moving to Florida tomorrow. Trust me, Sparks will be one thing I will miss greatly.
    Just remember this is an adult rally with very few rules, No cops, and big ole boys pulling security detail. I've never had any problems, but that's just me.
    A final piece of advice, cop's aren't in uniform on the property, but the roads going and coming from the rally they are on. When you go that way keep in mind a road block may be set up, and If you leave after dark, be prepared to be stopped. I highly recommend camping. If you go on a Monday you will be able to get a camping spot close to the action in the shade of the trees.

2006 Honda VTX 1300C Dark metallic grey, Mustang seats, De-Smogged, and the best part..... It's paid for!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.