Wanted: Pocket .22
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Pocket .22

Default Wanted: Pocket .22

Howdy,
    I am looking for a pocket .22 cal. Something like the Beretta 21a or Bersa/firestorm thunder. Or other quality pieces.
    Thanks for looking
    If your betting that you will not have to answer to Jesus Christ. You better be right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Why a .22??? if it is for personal protection I would look at the Rugar LCP in a .380 small easy to carry and much more bang then the .22 just my .02 worth
    BLACK '05 1300C/'98 Valkyrie=Beauty & the Beast

ruger LCP $299 at academy sports.
    "Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, One was Jesus Christ, the other is the American Soldier"

07 1800F
    REAR WHEEL NUMBERS: 99 hp 117 torque

Quote Originally Posted by La.X 1300C View Post
    Why a .22??? if it is for personal protection I would look at the Rugar LCP in a .380 small easy to carry and much more bang then the .22 just my .02 worth

+1 on the Rugar LCP .380 very small and yet packs a punch!

2006 1300C-N: Custom Neo Bagger...
    2002 CBR954RR : as fast as you wanna go...
    2007 VTX 1800F Spec 3: aka Black Betty...2000 CBR 929: Track Bike

Not sure what you want the .22 for, but if it is for self defense, I go along with the LCP crowd.
    2003 HD Road King (for sale one of these days)
    2007 VTX 1300 R
    2006 VTX 1800 R Trike

Odd ball out on this one. A 380 is a 9mm short, and a 9mm is in my opinion useless, that is why the cops moved to the 40 (10mm short). I have shot a 9mm into a rotten 2x4, and picked the slug up off the ground. I tried 9s, (Ruger P85, and Taurus) but sold them all except an early model Star Firestar, because it was as small as a 380, and very well built. the 380 I had didn't last a few weeks before I thought it was a waste of time. Just my opinion, not trying to piss anyone off!!

I would probably take a Beretta 21 over most any 380.

YMMV.

Kevin

For a little pocket piece the Beretta 950 tip barrel in .25 with defense rounds is a nice piece. FWIW James Bond's carry piece in the early novels.
    Sam/NDAna #15542 IB#38401 '04 1800 C, HID, Audiovox Cruise, 2xDarkSide & enough other stuff to keep me comfortable. Now have H4 LED headlights available NDs.HIDs@gmail.com "Can you see me now?" For DarkSide info go here http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/forum.htm

So I am not a gun person, not against them, just dont own one. So if i am doing something to you, where you will need to pull your gun, it does not matter if it is a .22 or a .3-whatever, I will be gone. I promise you, both will hurt.

Thanks for the reply's all!
    I had a 380 not my cup of tea. I want a small .22 of good quality. Have a Sterling but it stovepipes frequently. More dangerous than useful. Would like a pocket .22 mag but I don't know of a small one.
    If your betting that you will not have to answer to Jesus Christ. You better be right.

Quote Originally Posted by ps83begins View Post
    Thanks for the reply's all!
    I had a 380 not my cup of tea. I want a small .22 of good quality. Have a Sterling but it stovepipes frequently. More dangerous than useful. Would like a pocket .22 mag but I don't know of a small one.
    I have a friend who carries one of these http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id=51916 He loves it and its a magnum. He said he never had a problem with it and you can't tell its in his pocket, looks like keys. Also there are some .22 derringers (two shot) that might fit your need http://www.gundealeronline.com/Cobra...ederringer.htm They also have some larger if you want more punch.
    Last edited by arebee; 03-25-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    2007 1300R Titanium, de-badged, Coyote gas cap hinge, National Cycle highway bars, progressive 412, loud ass Stebel horn, Batwing, Harley Aux Lights, Rivco solo rack and some Pony paint..

i have a walther p22 that fits in my back pocket i carry it in my inside pocket of my mc jacket all the time..nice gun..
    no matter where you go there you are..

Springfield TRP .45..because shooting twice is just silly!

SHane

I like hearing the crack over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by XRIDERNW View Post
    i have a walther p22 that fits in my back pocket i carry it in my inside pocket of my mc jacket all the time..nice gun..
    I also have a P22 with laser. I don't use it for carry, just for shooting crap. Box of rounds (500) is under $20 and with 3 clips, it's a fun gun to play with. I guess it would be OK for summer carry.
    BTW....the LCP is a great gun.
    WAU_WAN22010.jpg

Look into a Keltec PF9. They can be hard to find because keltec is stubborn and won't increase their manufacturing. Anyhow, the PF9 is a poly frame 9mm pocket pistol. And for about $250-300 you can't beat it. It will shoot Spear golsdot short barrel all day long. I've seen people shoot the new Federal HST 124gr +P but they're not really made for that.

Side note: anyone looking for a new round should look into the HST. They are a real advance in ballistics.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

.25 Cal seems like something in the middle for a face gun. I have 2-3 and they aren't accurate beyond 30 yards but pack a bunch and fit anywhere. Junior Colt model my favorite.

J
    2005 VTX1800R Spec 2 Titanium Pearl
    2013 F6B Deluxe - Black - http://hondaf6b.com/album.php?albumid=106
    RIP JDJ / You will be missed brother, but never forgotten

Try looking at the north American arms .22 revolver I've had one in 22mag for many years and don't leave home without it very often. If you go .380 try the Sig p238 its got a better trigger than the lcp and unlike the lcp you can shoot +p ammo through it. Sometime around mid year Sig is supposed release the 938 which is a 9mm version of the 238 .

Default .22

mc sporting goods sells anout 4 diffierent 22's for like 150-190.. and they are so small they look kinda hard to hold lol.. they would fit in a pocket very easy..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.