Custom routes on Garmin 785T?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Custom routes on Garmin 785T?

Default Custom routes on Garmin 785T?

I'm thinking about buying a Garmin 785T. Does anyone know how custom routes are created for this unit? Does it come with MapSource on which you create the route and upload to the GPS? If it doesn't come w/ MapSource but will work with it can I obtain MapSource for free?
    Thanks!
    Bill

2004 1800 NEO

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Poison is the guru on the 785T ,but Im almost certain it comes with the unit, if not it will be available with your free map update...( I got mine with my 855)...you can also load custom routes from google maps to the unit....good luck
    Phil "I should be ridin " Ford
    06 CBC 1300R Darkside Foots......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dudeism

Default RE:

I saw this site here in another thread and decided to check it out. The software is free and works much better than what Garmin supplies. It uses Google Maps in conjunction with the Tyre software to map it out, then you can save the trip as either a Garmin or Tom Tom file. The only thing they ask you for is an email address, so I would give them your alternate email if you have. I can say though it has been four weeks since I got the software and not one spam in my email box, but you know with an extension like TK I had to wonder.

I have a Garmin zumo 220 and I used Tyre to create a trip this past weekend and it worked perfectly. Good luck...

www.tyre.tk

Lead, follow or get out of the way....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.