went down today not even rideing
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: went down today not even rideing

Default went down today not even rideing

i know what luck. just got my new tire put on this mornig and went for a ride, stoped at the store parked my bike in a nice spot, went in to the store when i came out i could not see my bike and i started to freak out, but there was a car in the spot where my bike was so i went over there and some old lady backed her car over my bike and parked her car yes my bike was under her car, so i called the police and they came out before she even came out of the store. she did not even know what she did after the oficer talked to her they moved the car so i could get to my bike i just about fliped , broke bolth of my mirrors took off frunt fender bent the handle bars to where i cant turn them snaped bolth throtal cables dented my tank on bolth sides bolth pegs are snaped off , but my tire was in tack and come to fined out the old lady dose not have insurance just my luck spent all day takeing my bike apart looks like the forks are still strate thank god . who would have thought my only crash and i was not even on the bike
    Better to be dead and cool than alive and un-cool

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

if she don't have insurance did they tow her car? she should not be on road with it and have tag if no insurance and I would get 3 estimates and see if she will pay you cash if not take her to court
    Ride free ,always ride defensive as though your invisible to people around you2006 1300R

This is where the uninsured motorist portion of your insurance comes in. File a claim with your insurance company and let them take her to court.
    2003 1800C, Mephis Fats, Hondaline Backrest and Rack, A1 ST fiberglass saddlebags

can you say that SUCKS! Hope you got good insurance and uninsured motorist.

Canyon, tx
    2003 VTX 1800R
    HID headlight, psycho accent lights, how to section has a cruise control
    Something Something Something DARKSIDE michelin hydroedge 205/65 R16
    sent from my R2D2 unit on TATOOINE

That just sucks.
    By chance was it a Walmart?

looks like we are oging to go to court the police officer thnks she has demechia she did not even know where she was. just sucks i dont have my bike till all of this is done luckley the insurance is not going to total it now i just have to try and fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Philscbx View Post
    That just sucks.
    By chance was it a Walmart?
    no meijers lol

Something similar to that happened to me last summer. The feeling you get when your bike is laying on its side is unforgetable, but I did all the work myself and shopped around for the parts and made a few bucks.

Suck's. But living in Florida, my question would be how old was she ? Smitt
    Quote Originally Posted by redneck721 View Post
    i know what luck. just got my new tire put on this mornig and went for a ride, stoped at the store parked my bike in a nice spot, went in to the store when i came out i could not see my bike and i started to freak out, but there was a car in the spot where my bike was so i went over there and some old lady backed her car over my bike and parked her car yes my bike was under her car, so i called the police and they came out before she even came out of the store. she did not even know what she did after the oficer talked to her they moved the car so i could get to my bike i just about fliped , broke bolth of my mirrors took off frunt fender bent the handle bars to where i cant turn them snaped bolth throtal cables dented my tank on bolth sides bolth pegs are snaped off , but my tire was in tack and come to fined out the old lady dose not have insurance just my luck spent all day takeing my bike apart looks like the forks are still strate thank god . who would have thought my only crash and i was not even on the bike
    Lot's of time and money. I trust no one's wrench, but my own. Avon Monster Club, Black Out Club, Mat Black Fastest Color....Pay it forward .

Noww this is what thate does suk mann

Praise God that you were not on the X.
    The earlier I get behind, the longer I will have to try and catch up.
    It doesn't take me all day to get nothing done; I can get nothing done by break time.

Try to look on the brightside. You just got the ok from the wife to rebuild whatever part of the bike you want, whether SHE knows it or not!
    2005 VTX 1300 S
    Too many to list

that really sucks,but at least you weren't on it. good luck with the rebuild

Sucks that happened to you, but the bright side is that you weren't hurt.
    05' 1300VTX, 250/Rear, 21" Front, Air ride, & the list goes on......

David

in texas you can have thier car impounded and if they can't or won't pay you can sell thier car to help you gain restitution.only thing is that it's a little known law and normally the cop won't inform you of it you have to request the impoundment at the scene of the accident. that is if they don't have insurance and the car is even worth it.
    texasmike
    1300c 8 degree rake, cobra pipes, c&c seat, darkside and lots more

that is just crappy man I feel for ya, it sucks not being able to ride and to come out and see that has to be about the most gut renching sight. the damage sounds like she musta made three or four attempts at geting it in the spot my heart goes out to you and good luck and gods speed with the repaires.
    a diffrent world cannot be built by indiffrent people.

That really bites.At least YOU didn't do anything stupid.The first year I was riding I went to taco bell and forgot to put my stand down,got off the bike to go in and she laid right down.All kinds of people looking out the windows,I couldn't even go in.Just picked up the bike and left.Luckily,no damage.Sounds like you did a good job keeping your cool though.Everything happens for a reason.Who knows,,,That old lady might of saved you from something worse on the ride home.Count your blessings brother,not your struggles.
    Last edited by georgeb.; 03-28-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by georgeb. View Post
    .Who knows,,,That old lady might of saved you from something worse on the ride home.
    Count your blessings brother, not your struggles.
    I swear that's true..

yep might just have been your saving grace and as far as forgetting the kickstand I think most guys have done it once I know I did it once same story pulled into a gas station to get a moonpie and a bottle of pop. I shut it down threw my leg over and took about a half a step and there it was my stupidity displayed for all in attendance I turned around sat it up put the kickstand down said huh and went on about snack time. my buddy done it to his when he got home from picking his up brand new luckely he was parked in the grass so it was just a matter of cleaning the grass off of it.
    a diffrent world cannot be built by indiffrent people.

WOW.. that is a bummer... I am sorry your bike got messed up.. But, hopefully you will get it all repaired and be back on the road in no time... I know how it feels, 20 years ago, a guy turned left right in front of me and I had to lay it down... slid right up to his front tire but didn't touch his car... and then he just drove off, because we didn't actually collide.. argggg!!!

Default Do you have umpd coverages

Depending on the state where you purchased your policy, um coverage only applies to bodily injury when the other negligent party has no insurance.
    Check with your agent to see if you have umpd(uninsured motorist property damage) if not your collision coverages (provided you have this coverage) will cover the physical damage to your property minus your ded if any. States differ in their coverages so talk to your claims adjuster about your options.
    If you have collision coverages i would allow my ins co to repair my bike and let them go after the responsible party. Believe me its a lot less hassle.
    Goof luck

That sucks, but glad you are OK. They will probably total you bike, if you are good with the wrench, you can probably fix it up pretty good. Good LucK!
    -------
    There is no "off" position on the genius switch.
    David Letterman

06 1800S/3

Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!

Default Just WOW!

Sorry about your bike!

I used to live near a huge, high-end retirement community (Called Leisure World) and whenever I drove by there the streets would often have old people driving who could barely see over the steering wheel and who would creep along making their own lanes and basically depending on everyone else to look out for them.
    It was also a regular occurrence to read about one of them being killed from walking right out into the roads/traffic oblivious to any danger.

South Park did an episode on this very thing because it's so common we all get the 'joke' even though its not funny.

This is what insurance is for. . .

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

OMG, glad you are OK. If your insurance doesnt cover it and you have to personally sue the person it will be difficult and messy ( costly ) but you could set a precedence if it has not been done before,
    If the family claims she has dementia then they are liable for letting an incompetent person drive a killing machine. either way they have to pay. Once you know where they live you can make it clear you will not stop visiting until they pay up.
    I personally ham over the old people driving thing. it sucks !

As everyone else has said, glad you were not on the bike and are OK.

And this also serves to help explain why I HATE parking in "car" parking spots in parking lots. People don't look for bikes in them. I'll park in an out of the way sidewalk location every time if possible. Car spots are dangerous for bikes. I've seen too many people go flying into a space. If there was a bike there, they would not have been able to stop in time.

You hear the 'car washes are for cars' all the time. I say 'car spots are for cars'!

Default one more item

so I have been re building my bike thanks to some of theguys for some of the parts I now only need a set of throttle cables the pushand the pull, I need the ones off of a r/s model I need the ones that are 2inch longer then stock c model because of the new bar height if you have somelaying around looking for a set I can buy them was just looking to see if I canfind a used set first than I can finally start riding again

Well I do believe things happen for a reason but i gotta say

Was it the Gray 2006 1300 C that got ran over? I used to have one just like it. That is horrible, but I'm glad that you didn't get hurt (physically). I sent you a pm on the R/S cables.

ok. here we go again.
    have your insurance company total it out. hopfully you have a/m parts coverage?
    get a check for more than you could ever sell it for and start over again with a stock bike and put some cash in your pocket. then have your insurance company subrogate against her. other than time and aggravation, you should make out pretty well.

and I beleive you were saved from something far worse. glad you are ok.

good luck .
    Live as if........

R.I.P. 2004 VTX1300C
    R.I.P. 2004 VTX1300C Pro Street

Default cables

so I have been re building my bike thanks to some of theguys for some of the parts I now only need a set of throttle cables the pushand the pull, I need the ones off of a r/s model I need the ones that are 2inch longer then stock c model because of the new bar height if you have somelaying around looking for a set I can buy them was just looking to see if I canfind a used set first than I can finally start riding again
    Hey bro...if you still need the cables, I do believe I got ya covered. Just let me know....you can have them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.